LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

On why and how you don't use the potty

HighVoltage

Whenever I RP/use the headspace of an older toddler in diapers, I like to think why they aren't trained/are still training/still have occasional accidents.

Share some of your own 'reasons'! I'll start with a few.

A. "The Absent-Minded Professor"
With this excuse, I'm okay with using the potty when I feel like it, but I just have a lot of accidents because I get distracted by something else-food, toys, TV, etc.

B. "The Contrarian"
With this one, I love the word 'No!'. It's like a favorite blanket or stuffed animal. I bring it everywhere-especially to the potty.

C. "The Flip-Flopper"
Some days, I'm really good at going potty, but on others, it's like I'm back in diapers. Maybe I start out using the potty, but a frustrating episode or tantrum makes me want to diaper up later in the day. Maybe I start the day diapered and in a bad mood, but some praise makes me wanna go potty.

• Like 1

According to my family, I was day dry at 30 months and night dry at 33 months. My first vivid memory is Memorial Day Sunday of 1968, about 6 weeks before I turned 4. The memory is of my Mom diapering me on a lawn at Renaissance Faire. It seems my bladder was tiny and over active, so Mom would ask me nicely to wear what the family called 'just=in-case' diapers on trips and to places where finding a ladies' room in a hurry was problematic.

I do not remember having any fear of strange ladies' rooms. Of course even when I was not wearing a diaper an adult always accompanied me to public ladies' rooms until I was nearly 12. I thought of diapers as different kinds of undies. Until I was 6 when I was not diapered I always wore cotton training panties.often covered by vinyl pull-on panties, When I started 1st grade I no longer needed vinyl pants over my trainers.

• Like 1

It’s been my experience, that there is also accidents, due to unexpected sudden need. I don’t recall ever actually having one, but many times when I was young, I came every close to wetting my pants. This was because, I didn’t feel the need, not until something came up. For example, you decide to start a game of hide and seek. You don’t feel a need to go, not until you get to your good hiding spot! Then suddenly, a huge urge comes over you! (Of course). Now you are faced with, trying to hold on, possibly wetting your pants, or losing the game and letting everyone know where your good hiding spot is. I can remember, having to come out, so as not to wet my pants and run to the bathroom. ? If I only had, thick plastic covered training pants on! Lol. I might have won more hide and seek games? ?

Now, I’m back to that state these days again. No way, could I hide somewhere and not need to pee. But, if I was going to be in a game now, I would be wearing protection. ? So don’t try and use it as a strategy on me! Lol. 

12 hours ago, duluthdiapers said:

My mom put me back in diapers at the age of 2 and kept me in diapers and rubber pants until the age of 5.

She said that I pooped my pants to, "get back at her for being a bad mother."

But honestly, in my opinion, I refused to use a potty because I wanted my mom to love me (which she did not.)  Each time I pooped my pants, I was hoping for a "different mom" to appear and love me.  But instead, my pooping my pants just made her hate me all the more because she hated me and hating changing my poopy diapers. ?

That's so sad  :crybaby:. Diapering is supposed to be mommy-baby bonding time (or at least that's what I've been told). It was that way with my children.

Perhaps you could say that you were looking for love in all the wrong places... :rolleyes: Hope you've found "it".

On 9/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, HighVoltage said:

Whenever I RP/use the headspace of an older toddler in diapers, I like to think why they aren't trained/are still training/still have occasional accidents.

Share some of your own 'reasons'! I'll start with a few.

A. "The Absent-Minded Professor"
With this excuse, I'm okay with using the potty when I feel like it, but I just have a lot of accidents because I get distracted by something else-food, toys, TV, etc.

B. "The Contrarian"
With this one, I love the word 'No!'. It's like a favorite blanket or stuffed animal. I bring it everywhere-especially to the potty.

C. "The Flip-Flopper"
Some days, I'm really good at going potty, but on others, it's like I'm back in diapers. Maybe I start out using the potty, but a frustrating episode or tantrum makes me want to diaper up later in the day. Maybe I start the day diapered and in a bad mood, but some praise makes me wanna go potty.

D. "It's too much work"

Going to the potty takes way to much time and effort. I have to stop playing to tell mommy I need to go potty, then I have to actually go potty, and then I have to wash my hands. All the while I could have been playing if I just used my diapie. If wearing a diapie makes me a baby, then ok because I want to keep playing.

I just "forget." I really do wanna be a big boy, but Mommy is getting tired of seeing me so disappointed in myself and is on the verge of not letting me try for a while, even though I'm almost 11. She's a lot less patient with messy accidents. Those tend to get my bottom spanked. Sigh ... ☺️

Or at least, that's the fantasy.

I'm 24/7 in diapers and a abdl.  The feeling and comfort on not having to worry about going to the potty and potentially either having my wife check me or being changed when ncessary takes all of the worries away.  I really do not mind it.

18 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

I just "forget." I really do wanna be a big boy, but Mommy is getting tired of seeing me so disappointed in myself and is on the verge of not letting me try for a while, even though I'm almost 11. She's a lot less patient with messy accidents. Those tend to get my bottom spanked. Sigh ... ☺️

Or at least, that's the fantasy.

Classic! Fantabulous!!! You gotta love it. :)

• 8 months later...

A lot of decent reasons here. Different kids train at different ages and it's often a long transitional process. A kid might bi full dri but still only go #2 in diapers, or vice versa. And of course, there's the whole "night/dau" dichotomu, and the fact that even nominallu trained kids can't hold as long as adults -  if theu wanna go ani real distance from a toilet they need either a diaper or a pottu.

Also, odd thing - how come I can see duluthdiapers quoted in ppdude's post but not the orignal?

The only time I use the potty is when I'm at work, cause I'm in pull-ups. When not working my wife keeps me in diapers as a toddler who is not potty trained. She makes sure I'm checked and changed while were out. 

7 hours ago, diapered colin said:

Well I sometimes do but not a big boy one I am too scared to go on one have been this way for a long time.

i have used a proper Toddler  potty . Not just my own one I have used friends and family children’s potty’s .

yes they know that I have used there potty as normally the parents ask for the toddler to take me to the potty.

normaly they take me to the big boy one so the parents say no the potty and pull my trousers down and show

my onesie and wet diaper.

so how do I get round with work I carry spear diaper and cream wipes and sacks and hopefully I can get till lunch before I make poo poo 

Uour friends with small children are so acceptig of uour beinng like that? Must be nice...

Can you actuallu sit properly on one though?

14 minutes ago, diapered colin said:

Yes I can sit on them but also I and one friend also have a toilet seat and stool but most of the time I just use my diaper .

they was freands growing up so they always new I was a little and when they got with their partners they explain About me and what I am.

so I was just excited for that when they started to have children they come to me and said that they aren’t going to hide it from them and just explain to them how I am.

How do the kids think of uou? Are ani of them old enough to be toilet trained?

Is there ani reason you sometimes use the potti, or is it just when uou feel like it?

10 minutes ago, diapered colin said:

Some are potty trained some are going though potty training and some are not.

So the older ones will be the ones to come over and say do you need a potty break

I normally say I don’t know that then ask there mummy to see if I do .yes we know that this happens . I always have I get a diaper check and normally she tells him I am wet .

he goes to my bag and get a diaper and takes me to the potty and then tell me to get my wet diaper off and sit on the potty after about 5 to10 minutes  he comes back to me and shouts to put  my diaper on

I am always a lone when I am doing that 

If you're already wet, isn't it a bit late?

Do they find it odd that they and all their schoolmates can use the toilet, but not a grown-up? Do uou act like a grown-up around them?

4 hours ago, diapered colin said:

Well they have grown up with me

so my normal day round there’s going to be like this 

when I arrive I normally 75%adult talk to my friends and as we talking I start to say and do things only a toddler will do.

i always dressed like a toddler round there 

I start to use my dummy and then I’m playing with my car it’s then the children no I know longer a adult and I am a toddler.

i still have 25 %adult so I can do some things adults do change my diaper when asked and know not to do things.

yes the first one is but as I normally round there for some time I normally do get asked a lot do I need a potty .

so you can say that just by accident I will in a potty.

i do know that some of the kids friends and family know that I am a little yes they expected me as when my friends have a party and they are there I still treated as a toddler 

Well I'm glad uou have such an accepting group around you, as well as finding a balance between uour adult and little sides.

Do you ever actuallu ask to go pottu, or are you a reluctant trainer?

49 minutes ago, diapered colin said:

No I don’t ask I get told by anyone that’s potty trained to go and sit on the potty.

its great to have friends that treat me like a toddler I class the children as my friends  sometimes more than the adults

So uou'd rather just mess uour diapers?

And that's nice - often men who get too close to children are looked at suspiciouslu.

50 minutes ago, diapered colin said:

Yes I know that I and my friends talk long and hard about that 

So I use my diaper just like a toddler I so  I would rather sit in a messy diaper till I can get change or if one of my friends say I am poo poo.

i hate being told to use my potty 

I guess you're just that kind of toddler, huh? Although taking till 50 to train is probably the ultimate example...

Do you go both #1 and #2 in the potti?

17 minutes ago, diapered colin said:

When I sit on a potty yes I do wee wee and poo poo 

yes I didn’t what to me trained the first time but I was told that I have to do it 

I am about to finish work and I am on my second diaper I wear a pampers size six and a adult diaper and I don’t think that I going to get home with out doing poo poo in it where I work there are plenty of adult toilets but I would still not use them

i have gone through potty training so Many many times I don’t think I am going to be trained 

no, probably not at this point. Especially if you don't mind sitting in a stinki diaper - I think most 4 year olds would. 

I hope you wipe properly both when changing an going potti though.

2 hours ago, NotGrownUp said:

So uou'd rather just mess uour diapers?

And that's nice - often men who get too close to children are looked at suspiciouslu.

Why would an adult in diapers hang around younger kids. I dont get it, sounds very strange if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, Luvs24 said:

Why would an adult in diapers hang around younger kids. I dont get it, sounds very strange if you ask me.

It seems he does not just wear diapers, but is fullu livining as a toddler most of the time. So theu would be his peers or even elders.

Of course, an adult acting like that would be quite odd, but I guess kids are good at getting used to things? What's reallu surprising is that the adults are OK with it, but I guess theu know him well.

8 minutes ago, NotGrownUp said:

It seems he does not just wear diapers, but is fullu livining as a toddler most of the time. So theu would be his peers or even elders.

Of course, an adult acting like that would be quite odd, but I guess kids are good at getting used to things? What's reallu surprising is that the adults are OK with it, but I guess theu know him well.

I could not do what he says he does. My wife and I RP in the privacy of our home and no one knows. My wife has got nices and nephews and they are younger. The kids have no idea I have to wear diapers, and if I need to be changed it's in the bedroom with the door closed. 

7 minutes ago, Luvs24 said:

I could not do what he says he does. My wife and I RP in the privacy of our home and no one knows. My wife has got nices and nephews and they are younger. The kids have no idea I have to wear diapers, and if I need to be changed it's in the bedroom with the door closed. 

I know - it's a whole other level. For him it's his life, not just a hobby.