LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I could use some help with becoming 100% nappy dependent

I have been a long time lurker who created an account a few days ago.
After a couple of years of contemplation, I have decided to take the plunge and decided to begin wearing nappies 24/7 and become completely dependent on them. I have thought long and hard about it and realize that I could potentially require nappies until the day I die, and I am not only perfectly fine with that outcome, I want it to happen.

That said, I could use some advice:
What can I expect as I go along this journey?
How do I deal with my family with whom I am still living with at the moment? 
What are essential supplies for a 24/7 lifestyle (Aside from nappies, powder and wipes)?

Answers to these questions and any advice of your own that you can offer is welcome. 

it may take a little while  becoming adjusted to 24/7.  After a while it will be as if it was always the case.  The experience and comfortability will be great.

But make sure that once you try it you do not go back.  remove all of your underwear and make sure that have present all of hte time diapers, wipes, powder, lotion and diaper rash paste.  Make sure that they are not concealed and always within view

I know you have thought things out, but you ask what you can expect as you go along this journey.  Many things, both good and bad, but that happens to everyone in life weather they wear diapers or not.  I am not 24/7 and never plan to be, but I have read the forums here for 13 years and have some ideas of what all kinds of 24/7/365 people have said.

You need to take the attitude right away that you won't care who knows or what people say to you about the fact that you wear diapers.  You made that personal decision so be proud about it!  Many will be kind and accepting but others will be donkey's about it.  You have to have tough skin and let it just roll off your back.  Many 24/7 or incontinent people say that they have gotten over the embarrassment and are at the point they don't care anymore.

Relationships.  Some have had problems with a girlfriend when they first break the news to them.  Some have dropped the wearer like a hot potato, some tolerate it but don't really like it, and others don't care if their boyfriend wears diapers or not and live happily married lives.  You never know, but be prepared that in some cases diapers 24/7 could be a deal breaker.  If it is, then she really didn't care for you that much anyway.

Jobs.  Diapers shouldn't cause any problems with employment due to disability laws, however if your employer knows and doesn't like it, they can find other "things" to harass you about if they want to.  Not to worry over that remote possibility, just be aware of it.  You should know after a short time being 24/7 of the pitfalls that could happen and be prepared at work so you know what diapers you can wear that will allow you to go about your job without leaks and last long enough in between changes.  Possibly tell your HR manager that you have a need to wear bladder protection so the company is aware of it and can head off possible problems with other employees if need be.  That goes for everything in life, knowing how to dress so you don't have problems before changing and what you always need to have with you 24 hours a day.

Make sure you are financially prepared for the cost of your supply's for the rest of your life.  I suggest build up a good supply of cloth diapers and plastic pants just in case.  If somehow you fall on hard times, get laid off your job due to the economy or other reasons, you will have a supply of cloth diapers to fall back on instead of having to keep buying disposable diapers.  24/7 means having to wear diapers even if your financial situation changes so have back up plans just in case.

Keep in mind as you go down the road what future goals you may have, and how 24/7 in diapers might benefit or harm those goals.  For example, do you plan on running for public office in the future, and how would you feel if the TV and newspapers pointed out that you wear diapers 24/7?  Reporters have ways of digging up stuff on all types of people.  That may be a moot point, but something to keep in the back of your mind so if it happens, you will be prepared for it and have ready answers.

You will know after a few months how things are going.  You might find out that after 24/7/365 some of the fun and luster has worn off and it's not what you thought it would be.  You might be so happy that you know for a fact you have made the right decision (as many have) and will proudly go through life diapered.  if after a few months things aren't as you thought they were or you have problems with job, finances, friends, relationships and family and it just seems those issues are too much to deal with, well, at least you gave it a try and can always try again in the future.  Hopefully everything will work out for you as you hope!  See my thoughts below about breaking the news to your family.  That can be a whole different issue to deal with!

Since you have made the decision, I say as far as your family, you will probably have to just come out and tell them of your decision.  Have they ever had any clue that you like diapers, caught you wearing them in the past, had any problems with you wetting or pooping your pants as a kid, and if so, how did they react?  How did you explain your diaper wearing to them if they found out in the past?  Those are the things to keep in mind.  Are your parents fairly open about things or are they pretty strict?

I don't think you will be able to hide it from your family when you go 24/7/365, especially living at home.  You will always be in diapers, you will need a big supply which will be stored in your house or bedroom, and also you will probably be getting cases of diapers through the delivery to your home.  Have your explanations ready when you tell them.  Explain that you have felt this way for a long time, you are still the same person you have always been, you are just making this life change.  Make sure they are aware it has nothing to do with actual children (as many adults still do not understand that the AB/DL lifestyle has nothing to do with actual children).  Make sure they are well aware you don't expect anything different from them.  You don't expect them to pay for your diapers, you don't expect them to change your diapers like they did when you were a toddler, and you (hopefully) don't plan to walk around the house in front of them with only diapers on.  Explain that you have thought this out for a long time, you realize the costs involved and potential problems at times being in diapers 24/7 and that you realize you could be in diapers for the next 60 or more years and are well aware of it.  Make sure they know you are aware things can come up throughout life and issues but you are ready to face them as they happen, good or bad.

I don't know if you plan on just wetting or also becoming bowel incontinent or just using diapers 24/7 without actually trying to lose your control.  Your family may have questions when they come around, such as what about the smell in the house from wet or dirty diapers, and health issues from being in diapers 24/7.  Do your homework on diaper rash, prevention, healthy skin and odor control.  Read up on products like Nullo and different skin creams.  Make sure you are able to afford diapers 24/7, and by that I mean financially secure enough so your parents don't counter with, "What about food?  What about a car?  Waht about contributing to the household bills?  What about your clothing and other expenses if you spend all your money on diapers?"  You have to anticipate their questions and have a ready answer for them.  Lastly, if you are not sure how your parents may react, be prepared for them to come up with all different things they can say or do since you are technically living in their home.  They can set the rules, even if you pay rent and have a tenant/landlord contract. Without a contract, it's still their house weather you are an adult or not, and they can always ask you to pay more to continue to live there, or in some cases they just kick you out because they won't tolerate what you want to do in their house.  In that regard, you don't have much hope if you can't rationally convince them that this is no burden on them and won't affect them.  They may not like the idea in general, but explain to them you are going to do it no matter what and they can either accept it and go on with life as it has been with you living there, or everyone can be upset and turned upside down.  Which is better in the long run?  Continue life as it has been with the only difference being you in diapers, or disrupt the life as it has been?

Just be calm and mature.  Nothing gets a parents point across more than you getting in an argument and shouting match instead of being calm and rational in your talk with them.  good luck to you and let us know how things went if you have the talk with the family.

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice. I can assure you that I have thought of the possible outcomes with this decision, and what my future may hold, although the public office thing has never crossed my mind. Since I put the needs of others above my own, I would be a shitty politician. I guess the whole being in the public eye does somewhat apply to me because I plan to become a full time streamer on twitch. But then again, it's not like I plan to show off my nappy every time I'm on camera, I'd just play video games and behave like a normal person. And when I would need a change, I'd just plop on the intermission screen and say that I'm going to the toilet. No one will have to know. I know I'd risk someone dig up that I wear nappies and reveal it to the public, and that has crossed my mind more than once, but I would like to think that people wouldn't be so petty, especially when it comes to someone who plays video games for a living. Then again, I have been proven wrong before. Nonetheless, I will take your advice to heart. 

As for my social life, I don't have many IRL friends, and the ones I do have are confined to a local games shop that I visit to play Magic The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons. Most of my friends are online that I play video games with. I'm currently single so that gets rid of any conversation I will most incidentally need to have if I had a partner. And I know my dating pool will be made limited with this choice and I am okay with that.

Currently I am financially stable. Other than my addiction to fast food that I am working to overcome, I am pretty good with money (even then, I don't spend ludicrous amounts of money on food to begin with.) My family doesn't make me pay bills, instead they may ask me to buy things for them, most of the time it's just groceries. The only other expenses I need to worry about is filling up my car every fortnight, car maintenance (services, etc.), my subscription to the MMO I play on a daily basis. 

Finally as for my living situation, I am somewhat recluse to begin with. Let me put it this way, If I am not out of the house, or eating food, most of my time I spend in my room. Before anyone asks, no I am not planning on wearing nappies so I can stay in my room for longer, in fact I have a bathroom that is literally right next to my room. I spend most of my time in my room because I am not a very sociable guy to begin with. Being put in different social situations terrify me. It's the reason why I confined myself in the library alone instead of hanging around school with friends during my final years of high school. So I should be stealthy in that regard, but I will be prepared for when that day comes. As for them potentially kicking me out, my parents are the types of people where I would have to do something both extreme and illegal for them to kick me out. I am currently dealing with my depression and my serious anger management issues. If I were to announce that I was moving out by the end of the month, they would be doing everything in their power to convince me to stay, because they would think that I am not in a state to be living on my own, and I agree with them. 

Sorry for boring you with this essay and thank you for the advice and insight. 

Pursuing full time incontinence while still living at home will make things much more difficult, and I wouldn't personally advise it, but if your heart is set on doing it ASAP then you'll have to make do obviously.

The biggest piece of advice I can possibly give you is to get on top of everything hygiene and smell related immediately. Figure out how you're going to handle messy diapers and disposal and everything today, because that stuff is ridiculously important when you live with other people and it's not cool to only figure things out after you're already messing your diapers, for example.

I have my own apartment now and that's perfect for wearing diapers 24/7, but I started having issues with my bowel control and messy accidents while I was still living with roommates and take it from me, it was the worst part of my entire untraining because I hadn't planned for it and it took me a while to figure out how to manage it properly.

Before you even start wearing 24/7 and using diapers for everything, make sure you have -

1. Plastic Pants
  2. Chlorophyll OR charcoal tablets to reduce the smell of messing (ideally start taking them at least a week before you start)
  3. Separate bags to put your messy diapers in immediately after changing
  4. Some way to get your used, messy diapers out of the house and disposed of

If you don't have any of the above then get them organised now because they are absolutely required if you're going to be messing your diapers while living with other people. Just wetting diapers is easy enough to manage, but adding messing on top of that is a whole other ball game.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

While being incontinent can be interesting getting to wear all kind of cute diaper and plastic pants if you desire to wear something other then plain white.  There are issues with incontinence, like changing at work or while out, covering them when needed. The heat of the summer, leaks and more.  I often tell people that want to be 24/7 to be carful what you wish for.  If it is a 100 degree dat with 95% humidity, those with incontinences cannot just decide to not wear that day.  Think before you truly try and go 24/7 but enjoy your diapers when you can!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, TheBabyPants said:

While being incontinent can be interesting getting to wear all kind of cute diaper and plastic pants if you desire to wear something other then plain white.  There are issues with incontinence, like changing at work or while out, covering them when needed. The heat of the summer, leaks and more.  I often tell people that want to be 24/7 to be carful what you wish for.  If it is a 100 degree dat with 95% humidity, those with incontinences cannot just decide to not wear that day.  Think before you truly try and go 24/7 but enjoy your diapers when you can!

Very tue. I am urinary incontinent and like you have embraced it and make the best of it but wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you have really really thought of a the pros and cons.