LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Judging Thickness of Real Rubber Pants

I recently had an opportunity to wear a pair of real rubber pants I've had stored at the bottom of my stash.

The experience was incredible.....I grew up with Playtex Rubber Pants.....and while not exactly the same it was still a great experience and reminded me why I like rubber so much.

Alas, time has not been kind to those pants, and worse......the elastic is crudely sewn on and so the leg seals easily leak.

I think it's time to get a new pair.  Problem is I find quite a bit of variance in the specification of currently available rubber pants.  I'm finding mostly 10 and 16 gauge rubber

mentioned.....  If I assume it's like wire gauge.....smaller number means thicker...but an email exchange with a vendor leads me to believe that's not the way it works.

Here are links to two of the sources fof pants as an example....(except one is 13 and one is 16)

https://www.driwear.com/product_info.php?cPath=18&products_id=191

https://www.babykins.com/collections/adult-plastic-pants/products/kins-original-rubber-pull-on-adult-diaper-cover-11000

My question to the informed.....which do I get to get a thicker pant?

The higher the number, the thicker the material. They Babykins are excellent material, the classic light ivory from the classic rubber sheet. They did sell rubber sheet by the yeard once. Now I am not so sure. I do not see it listed and I was told at the site that they do not, but their contact here said they do sell it in 13 gauge. Babykins sized run small and they could use a wider crotch and longer sice seams Rearz may also sell rubbber panteis as well

Thanks Christine I figured you'd know.

So where would you recommend I buy the rubber pants from?

And with Baby Kins.....any issues with packages coming in with customs declarations or

things that need signing?  They have great stuff....but something like that would be an issue.

I only know Babykins and Rearz (origianlly A.C. Medical) The Babykins are like childrens' rubber panteis from the early '50's and run small by a couple of sizes. Protex also has some that are pretty good too. I go one pair. the "rose pink" is a bit dark but the elastic is kind of babyish https://protex-medical.myshopify.com/collections/rubber

Why do people think I know everthing about rubber panteis; anyway?

I wear babykin's all my custom declarations have come as medical clothing ,I order stuff in bulk from them all the time, 15 or more of the same item is considered bulk regardless of color,of course with rubber pants there is only 1 color . Never had any problems with customs ,I live in PA and I get faster shipping from Canada than I do some USA companies. I have about 30 pairs of there rubber pants .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I love this topic.  There is just "something" about rubber pants.

When I was growing up and watching my mom and other moms diaper babies, I loved watching her pull a pair of rubber pants over a thickly diapered bottom and tuck the ends in so there were no leaks.  I was one of five kids and my mom was an expert at diapering babies.  And my mom never diapered anyone without a pair of thick rubber pants to go over the thick diapers.  (Babies at our house in the 1960s were all "bow-legged" thanks to my mom's diapering.) ?

I use the old DPF recomendation, updated to modern products. sanp-on gary panties over which go Babykins rubber like I described. The snug waist and leg bands keep my thick diapers up so a onezie is not needed and they are not girlish anyway unless they have an attached skirt; besides which, the girlish "little nothing" is the babydoll. That was one of the advantages of the separate diaper and panty had that was lost with the pampers (the original of which was worn with rubber panties over them), pocket diaper and AIO that has made them inferior to the pre-existing system This would often be used with children in the 1950's

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, Wetpants said:

I recently had an opportunity to wear a pair of real rubber pants I've had stored at the bottom of my stash.

The experience was incredible.....I grew up with Playtex Rubber Pants.....and while not exactly the same it was still a great experience and reminded me why I like rubber so much.

Alas, time has not been kind to those pants, and worse......the elastic is crudely sewn on and so the leg seals easily leak.

I think it's time to get a new pair.  Problem is I find quite a bit of variance in the specification of currently available rubber pants.  I'm finding mostly 10 and 16 gauge rubber

mentioned.....  If I assume it's like wire gauge.....smaller number means thicker...but an email exchange with a vendor leads me to believe that's not the way it works.

Here are links to two of the sources fof pants as an example....(except one is 13 and one is 16)

https://www.driwear.com/product_info.php?cPath=18&products_id=191

https://www.babykins.com/collections/adult-plastic-pants/products/kins-original-rubber-pull-on-adult-diaper-cover-11000

My question to the informed.....which do I get to get a thicker pant?

I just checked both sites and I will order in the morning, thanks again.  Now to get a pre folded cloth diaper

Kin's can set you up with one , the rubber bloomers I sleep in are from kin's , as are all of onesies i have over 300 nobody makes them better that i have found .

And if your buying more than 1 diaper ,I highly encourage you to order using the custom clothing form ,for like a $5.00 extra fee Jenny will sew an extra soaker into the diaper ,unlike everywhere else that means only the crotch gets it , Jenny ads it to the entire diaper , so it's not noticeably bigger but its extra thirsty ,its the best think you can do to a diaper for the money .

7 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Kin's can set you up with one , the rubber bloomers I sleep in are from kin's , as are all of onesies i have over 300 nobody makes them better that i have found .

And if your buying more than 1 diaper ,I highly encourage you to order using the custom clothing form ,for like a $5.00 extra fee Jenny will sew an extra soaker into the diaper ,unlike everywhere else that means only the crotch gets it , Jenny ads it to the entire diaper , so it's not noticeably bigger but its extra thirsty ,its the best think you can do to a diaper for the money .

Again I thank you very much. I cannot wait for this to arrive.  I just srateded a  day time of colon cleansing and today is the second day. And I tell you it does really work. I filledd one diaper this morning.  From Amazon

Colon Cleanse has been debunked years ago, with photos in the WALL STREET JOURNAL, among other things

I love this topic too -- I love my rubber.

I have no desire for the "real" rubber panties of the 1950's. They were not smooth but had rubber strands running in every direction and had an odd smell. I live PVC the best.

Babykins isn't one of my favorites as the vinyl they use is closer to PEVA than PVC. Had issues with sizing but was always too late to fix it. Never really did give it much attention until Little Christine or someone else flagged it. I've tried the Tuffy 6 mil but didn't like the acorrdian style waistband.  The vinyl that they use got hard very quickly. The diapers I've ordered were almost too small. Sorry I'm not more appreciative of them.

Having said all this, I have started looking for some rubbers that are not super heavy and not flimsy. Something with some weight to it. Enough to know you got them on but not 6 or 7 mil. I had some 4 mil from LL Medico once upon a time that were absolutely great. They were honeybee print and were just right with wonderful feel and smell. I think there are some Gary's that fit the bill but would like a little guidance from y'all. Maybe Babykins has  something I don't know about. Thanks. :wub:

LL Medico has several versions of Gary in different 4 mil. The Babykins Peekaboo are fine

Also, in here, https://protex-medical.myshopify.com/

look up Eurosoft and I Can't Believe It's Not Gerber. Also some of the rubber and latex

If you are looking for Gary all Angelfluff pants are made by Gary ,I have both custom Angelfluff Gary "blue ice" as well as "off the shelf " PVC in a rainbow of colors ,and i am completely thrilled ,12 years and havent trashed any yet .i have some custom PUL also ,however you can only get them in white.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, stinkybabymarty said:

I love this topic.  There is just "something" about rubber pants.

When I was growing up and watching my mom and other moms diaper babies, I loved watching her pull a pair of rubber pants over a thickly diapered bottom and tuck the ends in so there were no leaks.  I was one of five kids and my mom was an expert at diapering babies.  And my mom never diapered anyone without a pair of thick rubber pants to go over the thick diapers.  (Babies at our house in the 1960s were all "bow-legged" thanks to my mom's diapering.) ?

One of my earliest memories was going down for a nap and my mother had put plastic  pants on me so I wouldn't wet the bed. I was maybe 4 years old and maybe they were rubber pants because it was the early 1950s. They were a light green color.  I felt safe and secure and loved the way they sort of puffed out around my legs and waist.  To say that I loved the feeling is putting it mildly. 

How could you be wearing rubber pants in the early 1950's if you were born after 1957?? You could not have been 4 before 1961

There were rubber panteis made for children by a company called Bitner out of Carolina but I understand that bruned down in the 1970's or 80"s. I read about them in the old Infantae Press publications. From the pictures I have seen, they looked like the ones that Babykins sells. The last real rubber panteis I saw was in 1955 and they looked like the Babykins panties that I have