LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Windows Vista

Hi ther i was wondering what everyones opinion on the new operating system Vista is. i have seen clips of the operating system and i have to say its pretty cool but im going to wait 6 months before i upgrade. i run a macbook pro 17" with windows using parallels love to hear everyones opinion

Shawnston

PS can't wait for Mac OS X Leopard to come out

I'd need a new computer to run it properly (well I could run it, but wouldn't be able to run any games as well), and a better paying job to buy it. £200 for a piece of software is unacceptable, especially when that piece of software is just full of stuff I don't need. And all the security and anti piracy crap just causes more problems for legitimate users, when the pirates (YARRRR) have already cracked it.

Guess I'll need to upgrade eventually, when new games come out requiring directx10 (vista only), hate how they're forcing people to upgrade.

I have it but I don't use it that much since there isn't any drivers for my modem yet. I have an ISDN modem. It cracks me up over here in Germany. Broadband doesn't exist in a lot of areas but modem support isn't that great. I think the modem support should be a lot better than it is because most of the smaller towns don't have DSL, cable or any other high speed access.

Guest diamondback688

im going to wait until they have all of the bugs worked out...i might even own a new computer that already comes with Vista by the time that happens...

personally I hate all the new OS on release... I didn't get XP till 2004 and thats only because they stoped supporting Win98 and I needed a new pc anyway. As for Vista it looks like it has some cool features i kindda like how the windows are but I won't be buying it for a long while unless it gets forced upon me.

Also a little off topic but i love the video of the guy installing Vista into his paper sherdder made my giggle...

vista is alright i havent gotten used to it yet though i dowloaded it and am just gonna mess around with it till i get used to it then when everthing works properly ill buy it. it has some pretty cool stuff if you get it get the ultimate edition.

I've been running Vista since Beta 2, and it's fine. I wouldn't pay for it, but if you got a computer with it installed, that's great. As for these "bugs" people keep referring to, I've never encountered any, so I don't know what that's about. The biggest problem is the poor video drivers from Nvidia, but that's not Vista's fault, and the latest drivers are decent anyways.

If you have a tablet PC, I especially recommend using Vista, because the handwriting and tablet support is much better than in XP. Seeing as I have a tablet, I would never go back to XP.

I've been running Vista since Beta 2, and it's fine. I wouldn't pay for it

I wouldn't have done either but I hit lucky and won a copy of Vista Ultimate & Office 2007 Pro :lol: I haven't installed it yet but I'll probably dual-boot rather than trust it with an all or nothing upgrade. It seems to me that they only just got XP stable enough to not be bothered by security updates every other day and I know half the games I run won't like Vista so dual-boot it is...

Ive been running Vista now for a few weeks and not had any problems at all. It made a big difference to running the main game I play on the pc ( microsoft flight sim )

Not really worth updating unless you have need for one of the improvements, I would wait till you get a new pc which will have it pre-installed.

Also not found any games I got that wont work under Vista as yet.

*cough* IT SUCKS *cough*

*ahem*

Yeah ... vista is like giving your computer aids ... its not good XD

It sucks all the power of your hardware just to run those little cute animations or that cute little programming for that 85 year old customer who knows nothing about computers LOL~ At what cost? Money, Money, MONEY! I say, stick with XP at least until microsoft gets their stuff together somebody slaps them silly ...

...Microsoft ... *shakes fists*

Necros~

*cough* IT SUCKS *cough*

*ahem*

It sucks all the power of your hardware just to run those little cute animations or that cute little programming for that 85 year old customer who knows nothing about computers LOL~ At what cost? Money, Money, MONEY! I say, stick with XP at least until microsoft gets their stuff together somebody slaps them silly ...

Necros~

i havent had that problem at all ive heard that alot people say thats what it will do but how it works (or so ive been told is) when something else needs the hardware power or whatever it makes that the higher priority over that but ive never knoticed it taking up any of my cpu really idle it uses less cpu and memory then xp on mine. i also dual booted mine thats deffinetly the best thing to do i think atleast if you already have xp. the one thing i really like about it is the automatic updates also will update drivers for you not just security things

Hmmm... Didn't people used to say the same about XP with its fancy blue titlebars and animations :P

I really wish I could still Windows 3.11 for Workgroups.

Ah memories of simpler times with 640x480 screens and 256 colours...

*cough* IT SUCKS *cough*

*ahem*

Necros~

Actually, no. As was stated, if something else needs the hardware, Vista will unload its fanciness. Finally, if you don't have the hardware to support the bells and whistles, it will still work, except using an optimized and faster version of the XP rendering system. I'll admit it does use more RAM, but the caching and IO systems are so much more sophisticated than XP's that after using Vista for a week, it will remember your usage patterns, and your programs will actually load much faster. You can add flash memory as an extra cache to, which is quite cheap. It has a new process prioritization system for media playback that means skipping is virtually impossible, no matter how hard you push the system (assuming it can play your media file to begin with). All in all, it's perhaps only a few percent slower than XP, and if you can notice it, you must have a stopwatch built into your brain, lol.

Oh and when playing fullscreen games, it actually unloads more of the OS than XP will. Combined with the improved graphics driver architecture and DX10, once games get optimised for Vista, they will undoubtably be much faster than on XP. However, you would need to know a good bit about programming to understand why this is so.

Actually, no. As was stated, if something else needs the hardware, Vista will unload its fanciness. Finally, if you don't have the hardware to support the bells and whistles, it will still work, except using an optimized and faster version of the XP rendering system. I'll admit it does use more RAM, but the caching and IO systems are so much more sophisticated than XP's that after using Vista for a week, it will remember your usage patterns, and your programs will actually load much faster. You can add flash memory as an extra cache to, which is quite cheap. It has a new process prioritization system for media playback that means skipping is virtually impossible, no matter how hard you push the system (assuming it can play your media file to begin with). All in all, it's perhaps only a few percent slower than XP, and if you can notice it, you must have a stopwatch built into your brain, lol.

Oh and when playing fullscreen games, it actually unloads more of the OS than XP will. Combined with the improved graphics driver architecture and DX10, once games get optimised for Vista, they will undoubtably be much faster than on XP. However, you would need to know a good bit about programming to understand why this is so.

ya what he said lol

Guest diamondback688

bill gates might have got owned, but his has a hell of alot more money than steve jobs...so, technically, crime does pay...btw, if anyone was curious...steve jobs is number 49 on the list of the 400 richest americans with 4.9 billion dollars...

Apparently Crime doesn't pay, because when Bill Gates Stole Steve Jobs idea, he got a crappier systems, now Mac OS run on a PC, way to Steve Jobs, Bills Gates you got owned!!!

Actually Steve Jobs stole the idea for the Mac from Xerox PARC, if you know your history.

Hi ther i was wondering what everyones opinion on the new operating system Vista is. i have seen clips of the operating system and i have to say its pretty cool but im going to wait 6 months before i upgrade. i run a macbook pro 17" with windows using parallels love to hear everyones opinion

Shawnston

PS can't wait for Mac OS X Leopard to come out

EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) has some pretty negative things to say about Vista...the problem is in the digital rights management, and in giving Microsoft the right to snoop out and kill "inappropriate" programs on your computer.

Not to mention the inevitable bug shakeout...

P.S.

I have had some bad experiences with Mac OS...not to say I couldn't use it. But I was pretty frustrated when I had an obviously bad hard drive, but the OS diagnostics denied the existence of a large scratch caused by a fall to the floor.

The other issue I had was that a separate program was needed to get a mac to send a post-script file built elsewhere on the internet to its printer. The experience was like walking down a glass-encased corridor with the goal on the wrong side of the glass.