LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pads v/s Diapers

Alice

I am wondering if pads or diapers are better for wearing.

I have to wear protection daily because of my small bladder size and mild SI throughout the day. Most of the time i wear pads because they are easier to change and smaller, but ive found lately that i fill them up quite quickly. I don't want to have to go to the bathroom every hour and also worry about leaks. I wear diapers only to bed atm, but am considering maybe getting lighter ones for the day.

Should i wear diapers or are they too much of a hassle with cleaning to use them throughout the day as well? 

I have to wear protection daily because of my small bladder size and mild SI throughout the day. Most of the time i wear pads because they are easier to change and smaller, but ive found lately that i fill them up quite quickly. I don't want to have to go to the bathroom every hour and also worry about leaks. I wear diapers only to bed atm, but am considering maybe getting lighter ones for the day.
Should i wear diapers or are they too much of a hassle with cleaning to use them throughout the day as well? 

I wear pads theywork for me but on long bus trips i wear a diaper

I’d suggest pull-ups if you can make it to the toilet.

Diapers are convenient in that they don’t need frequent changes, and I find it easy to take care of my skin. I’m in diapers about 14 hours a day during the week and 20 on weekends, and they’re almost always some degree of wet.

I found pullups leaked more often then not for me as I have an OAB and flood with out warning,  taped diapers are easy to manage but the reality once you start to wear most people simply start to relax and simply use the diaper since it’s probably Already wet so whats the difference. 

you mentioned you fill up your pad quickly are you not making it to the bathroom or are you simply using he pad when needed, if you are seldomly not making it to the bathroom then a taped diaper 24/7 may be the better choice. 

I choose diapers to manage my bladder issue and a few years ago gave up the fight of running to the bathroom to pee since I never made it most times and was already wet shortly after changing into a new diaper any ways. 

Just a word of warning if you choose to use a taped diaper and give up running to the bathroom you will probably loose any remaining control you have but being in a diaper you can trust does take all the stress away of am I going to make it to the bathroom in time. 

I have no regrets on my decision to wear and use 24/7 as I had no real choice if I wanted to keep my pants dry  

10 hours ago, Alice said:

If you want to reduce the frequency of toilet visits then diapers are the best option. They're the only thing that really offers "toilet replacement" functionality, in that you can just use them as an alternative while having a real feeling of security. If you wear a good quality nappy then you can use it a few times before needing to change (depending on the volume of each "use" - if you need to go every hour you can probably wet about three times before a change is required).

I've always thought someone who needs to go every hour, or more, would be better off in nappies anyway, because it would be less disruptive to lifestyle than constantly thinking about finding a toilet.

• Like 1

No doubt I would go for diapers. Diapers do a much better job and you do not have to undress in order to change. There are numerous diapers to be found which are quite thin and still do a better job in comparison to pull ups. I wear Attends M10 if I wear disposables they are not too thick and have a decent capacity as it comes to absorbency.

I found pullups leaked more often then not for me as I have an OAB and flood with out warning,  taped diapers are easy to manage but the reality once you start to wear most people simply start to relax and simply use the diaper since it’s probably Already wet so whats the difference. 
you mentioned you fill up your pad quickly are you not making it to the bathroom or are you simply using he pad when needed, if you are seldomly not making it to the bathroom then a taped diaper 24/7 may be the better choice. 
I choose diapers to manage my bladder issue and a few years ago gave up the fight of running to the bathroom to pee since I never made it most times and was already wet shortly after changing into a new diaper any ways. 
Just a word of warning if you choose to use a taped diaper and give up running to the bathroom you will probably loose any remaining control you have but being in a diaper you can trust does take all the stress away of am I going to make it to the bathroom in time. 
I have no regrets on my decision to wear and use 24/7 as I had no real choice if I wanted to keep my pants dry  

A little of both usually don’t make it as often as id like on the other hand i also use it as needed but my incontinence is a little better this week probably because I am sweating more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d suggest pull-ups if you can make it to the toilet.
Diapers are convenient in that they don’t need frequent changes, and I find it easy to take care of my skin. I’m in diapers about 14 hours a day during the week and 20 on weekends, and they’re almost always some degree of wet.

Ill have to try that i can still make it if i try really hard

What kind of pad such as small and thin are you using?  They do make overnight ones that are larger and thicker, maybe try those?

Okay certainty light leaks probably should of bought something more absorbant

If you want to reduce the frequency of toilet visits then diapers are the best option. They're the only thing that really offers "toilet replacement" functionality, in that you can just use them as an alternative while having a real feeling of security. If you wear a good quality nappy then you can use it a few times before needing to change (depending on the volume of each "use" - if you need to go every hour you can probably wet about three times before a change is required).
I've always thought someone who needs to go every hour, or more, would be better off in nappies anyway, because it would be less disruptive to lifestyle than constantly thinking about finding a toilet.

Ill do that at some point

• 3 years later...