LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Maxipads

Kermatt

"Dear Mommy" once wrote that there were many dls into maxipads too.

They absorb (almost) nothing, so why wear them if you don't have to?

Maxipads might work if you only want the feel of bulk cotton/plastic without actually wetting or messing because maxis are cheaper, more discreet and more readily available, and are a symbol of feminity. Since they don't absorb, is there another reason for a pad/tampon fetish?

In my imagination there are people on this board who wear them for fun. Must be that my imagination is overactive.

Kermatt

Nope, your imagination is not overactive, or at least not completely so. I've worn many a pad in my time - diapers work better, but pads work fairly well, if they're not the ultra thin type. No pad made will take a full pissing, but they will take a lot of slow dribbles, or quite a bit of urge overflow situations. I can't speak for others, but for me, the femininity of the pads only adds to the sexual excitement. Also, pads are easier to hide, both before and after using. I've recently found that they work fairly well as booster pads as well, while keeping the bulk more manageable. I have to keep my wearing fairly well concealed, so maintaining the balance between bulk and visibility is high on my list. Over time, I've perfected ways to hide pads that would make most women jealous - even my SO, who knows I wear them at times, can't tell when I am.

Now, to directly address your questions:

Q - They absorb (almost) nothing, so why wear them if you don't have to?

A - For me, at least, absorbency isn't as important as just wearing it.

Q - Maxipads might work if you only want the feel of bulk cotton/plastic without actually wetting or messing because maxis are cheaper, more discreet and more readily available, and are a symbol of feminity. Since they don't absorb, is there another reason for a pad/tampon fetish?

A - They do absorb, and some of them a lot more than you might expect, but that's not the point here. Another reason? I really don't know - I find the same fulfillment of my needs from a pad or a diaper, but that's just me. Perhaps the sexual nature of pads makes them more attractive? Or maybe the "taboo-ness" of them, since their use by women is so hidden and hush-hush?

Hope that helps!

Yes Maxi Pads can absorb too, if placed correctly and not really used as if you were wearing a full diaper.

Also they do serve to wear when some of us can't wear diapers and want to feel something between our legs for protection. Hence why I will use Always Maximum Protection Maxi (not the Ultra Thin) with Flexi Wings. So much bulk for me.

<giggle>

Maxine

I'd have to agree with Maxine - some of the overnight pads are quite bulky. Personally, however, I can't stand anything by Always - they have this sticky plastic covering that I can't stand, and it seems to be quite prone to giving rashes. I prefer Kotex, which have a more cloth-like covering, very similar to most diapers. Family Circle (store brand) makes a really thick ultra pad that is also quite short, which makes hiding it easier. Wal-Mart's store brand isn't bad either.

Another suggestion - for even more bulk, find some hospital maternity pads - they are big and thick, super long, super soft, and hold a fair amount. I've got a couple of bags of them made by Kendall, and they're bigger than any feminine pad I've ever seen. When I was younger, I liked to double or triple regular pads to get the bulkiness I wanted - although I never tried it, I'll bet that you could slit the backs of them like you can with diapers to increase the holding power of them too. They're kind of hard to get now, but the old fashioned belted sanitary napkins were way bulkier than almost anything available now - I was fortunate enough to come across a box of them in my late teens.

Regarding your second question - There are DEFINITELY people who have a serious fetish for pad and/or tampons. There are a couple of sites out there for those things as well. The femininity side of it holds a lot of attraction for me, but the breaking point for me is when they (pads or tampons) become used - I have no attraction to them at that point, while most of the pad/tampons fetishists only want them used. If you're curious about this, I can give you a site or two to look at.

PS - I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have found a place that I can freely discuss things like this!!!! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

I'd have to agree with Maxine - some of the overnight pads are quite bulky. Personally, however, I can't stand anything by Always - they have this sticky plastic covering that I can't stand, and it seems to be quite prone to giving rashes. I prefer Kotex, which have a more cloth-like covering, very similar to most diapers. Family Circle (store brand) makes a really thick ultra pad that is also quite short, which makes hiding it easier. Wal-Mart's store brand isn't bad either.

Another suggestion - for even more bulk, find some hospital maternity pads - they are big and thick, super long, super soft, and hold a fair amount. I've got a couple of bags of them made by Kendall, and they're bigger than any feminine pad I've ever seen. When I was younger, I liked to double or triple regular pads to get the bulkiness I wanted - although I never tried it, I'll bet that you could slit the backs of them like you can with diapers to increase the holding power of them too. They're kind of hard to get now, but the old fashioned belted sanitary napkins were way bulkier than almost anything available now - I was fortunate enough to come across a box of them in my late teens.

Regarding your second question - There are DEFINITELY people who have a serious fetish for pad and/or tampons. There are a couple of sites out there for those things as well. The femininity side of it holds a lot of attraction for me, but the breaking point for me is when they (pads or tampons) become used - I have no attraction to them at that point, while most of the pad/tampons fetishists only want them used. If you're curious about this, I can give you a site or two to look at.

PS - I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have found a place that I can freely discuss things like this!!!! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

So nice to find another kind soul who is into things like me. I haven't tried your suggestion on slitting the back of the pads though to see about more absorbancy, interesting idea will have to look into it. Have however tripled, even 4 overnight pads at one time for a very bulky feeling. This was before I really found diapers to try though, guess I was kind of on that track then just didn't know it. <giggle>

Maxine

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Question: does anyone know where I can buy a sanitary belt for "hospital style" feminine napkins with tabs?

I bought the pads, the package says "belt sold separately," but the drugstore where I bought the pads could not tell me where to get a belt for them. Even their 1-800 number didn't know where I can buy a belt! Protex has a belt for approx $8, but I'd like to be able to get one more cheaply.

So I've been wearing ALWAYS pads, (and sometimes KOTEX). Never really for use, EDIT: I DO HAVE SOME GASTROINTESTINAL PROBLEMS, BUT THAT DOESN'T USUALLY JUSTIFY A MAXI. I just like the feel of wearing a maxi. I do wear diapers occasionally, but right now can't afford to wear them more often.

I'm so grateful for this forum!

K

Guest Drtydprlvr

It's so nice to have found a place where people share the same interests that I do. I wear both maxi pads, several sometimes and diapers and love them both. The pads are great for when I have to go out in shorts, or where the diapers may show, but dont hold too much pee so I have to be really careful to not let too loose.

Dirtydiaperlover

• 2 months later...
Guest puddles

Hi Im an abdl into wearing maxipads as well. Im wondering if anyone has tried the pad from always. The extra heavy overnight one. I cant seem to find them in Canada or ebay. They are apparently 15inches long. Has anyone tried them?

puddles

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ellen

HiHi.doc

I enjoy wearing lingerie to work and at home under my male clothes. In my panties I always wear either a pantyliner or a maxipad and have been doing so for a long time. I wear a pad for necessary protection since one time, at work, I came in my panties and soaked through the panties, pantyhose, panty girdle and pettipants leaving a wet spot on my trousers. Thank goodness I was on overtime and alone in the office. Since then I have worn the belted style napkin with sanitary belt, Kotex, Always, and now prefer Poise pads. I've been in meetings when I felt myself dribble into my pantiliner. I actually prefer the Poise Ultimate maxi so I can feel the bulk of the napkin between my legs. This is especially true when I have my pretend monthly period. If I have an "accident" and come in my panties, the bulkier pad absorbs my discharge. I carry spare pads in my briefcase so I can go to the restroom and change into a fresh pad. Because of the package between my legs that women, of course, don't have, I wear pantyhose and/or a panty girdle in addition to panties. This helps keep the pad in place.

I mentioned the sanitary napkin belt. A few years ago I found some in an old F.W.Woolworth store. Anyone looking for these belts, try older stores in your town such as a Five and Dime store or an older Mom and Pop store.

Ellen

Hi.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking as a female who uses them for their intended purpose...

NO they don't absorb urine very well, I had an accident once and learned this.

So why would you wear them if you didn't need to? Diapers are far better for absorbing than pads ever will be.

(Hey if they make u feel feminine and all then go for it, its your fetish...but IMHO I'd use a diaper if you are looking to actually "use" it)

There's my 2cents

Back in the day when I didn't have my diapers... i think i did have a few pullups though... i ended up taking a few pads from beneath the sink. Strange thing is... i've never even opened them. They just sit in the little box I have with all the other baby stuff. At first they appealed to me, and I suppose they still do... but i dont think i'm ever going to use them as a diaper. I think the attraction devloped over the fact that it's another thing a girl has that I dont... just like the cute undies and dresses.

I think... maybe when Mommy and I get a chance to move in together... that I may start wearing big girl undies when i'm not wearing diapers... and perhaps i'll ask if, for a few days every month, i can wear pads in my undies as well. I dont think of pads as diapers. Merely feminine... something I hope to be more of.

-Sophie

Back in the day when I didn't have my diapers... i think i did have a few pullups though... i ended up taking a few pads from beneath the sink. Strange thing is... i've never even opened them. They just sit in the little box I have with all the other baby stuff. At first they appealed to me, and I suppose they still do... but i dont think i'm ever going to use them as a diaper. I think the attraction devloped over the fact that it's another thing a girl has that I dont... just like the cute undies and dresses.

I think... maybe when Mommy and I get a chance to move in together... that I may start wearing big girl undies when i'm not wearing diapers... and perhaps i'll ask if, for a few days every month, i can wear pads in my undies as well. I dont think of pads as diapers. Merely feminine... something I hope to be more of.

-Sophie

Now that makes sense to me.

It would seem logical if you use them to play out your girlish fantasies...

All I'm saying is they just don't make good/useful diapers. That's all.

• 1 month later...

Speaking as someone who has to wear them for their intended purpose, I have to second that pads aren't practical substitutes for diapers unless you have very light leakage. They'll hold a surprising amount, until you try sitting down--then they'll explode. Before I got brave enough to buy diapers, I used to use thick and doubled-up pads to simulate the diaper feeling.

The trouble with pads is they can never make them long enough to cover your entire buttcrack. If I slouch or sleep in any position other than face-down, the blood goes off the back of the pad.

For periods, I recommend Stayfree Ultra Thin. They're so thin you'll forget they're there, and they'll absorb whatever you can put out. For overnight, I'd recommend Poise Panties. They're a little thicker, but somehow, the design of the panties is such that you can't feel the bulk at all.

If it's thickness you want, try Stayfree Maximum Protection. They're labeled for both menstruation and bladder control issues, and they're gathered at the sides like little diapers. The thickest pad I'd ever tried would have to be either the old-school hospital style pads you'll find in public bathrooms, or CVS Super Maxi.

IF your looking to wear a pad type setup then perhaps looking into Tena's overnight pads. They are more intended as a booster for a diaper but the overnights are full coverage and they will soak up a full wetting and usually plus a little. Ive been using them in my diapers as an extra booster ever since i went 24/7 back in july and I find that I can extend the usage of my diaper by a good 2-3 wettings or more sometimes. Bag of 30 runs about 13.99 at the local walmart here where im from. They can be found in the incontinence section where they keep all the adult briefs and pullups.

If im not mistaken they make a net type stocking or shorts specifically to hold these style pads in place for incontinent people. Have seen them on a few websites but I dont remember where at now.

Before I realized I was into diapers I would take maxipads and would use them in the same manner. I realize now that my desire for diapers had always been there but the maxipads were something that I used as a sub even though I did not yet know what I was subbing them for.

Even today I have a smaller maxipad fetish; but, at the same time they also exude a feminine "vibe" which I love. This "vibe" is the exact same feeling I get when I meet a girl I like or something, it is just a general attraction to women.

My first "diaper" was actually some old tighty whiteys I still had from before I switched to boxers with a bunch of maxipads all stuck on the inside lol.

• 14 years later...

When I was younger and lived at home and couldn’t get diapers I would use a maxi pad as a diaper by putting it in my tighty whiteys.  I have also occasionally used a maxi pad in my diaper to give me a little more padding and protection.