LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

A couple of quick seasonal notes here; I am approaching 9 months in diapers now (and about 2.5 years of wearing them to bed), and, I also wanted to note that what set me on this path, or rather back on it, after taking close to two decades off, was seeing a picture of myself taken at Christmas,  in one of my mom's albums, at around age 6 or 7, crouching in front of the tree, with the back of my diaper sticking up above my PJ's, which were bright red. I am going over to my my parents' place a couple of times over the holidays, and I will ask if I can look at mom's albums and through her shoe boxes full of photos, to see if I can find that same picture again, or another like it. She also has a photo somewhere of me on a beach in a cloth diaper, but it's hard to tell how old I was in it, because there is nothing to compare my height to. Seeing that photo a few years ago had me believing that I wore cloth at least some of the time, but a conversation with my mom revealed that I was remembering it wrong, because she swears she hated cloth diapers and rarely used them.

Happy holidays, folks, and take care in your travels, don't forget those diaper bags and backup outfits, and stay damp. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year. I traveled South for a weekend after the holidays, and I have some notes from the road:

So, I have to admit to a couple of rookie errors - although I'm on my way to 10 months, I still have some things to learn. Case in point: I was only gone for a few days, so I packed very light, and that impacted me in a couple of ways. First, I neglected to pack diaper cream, and I thought I could get away without using it for a short time. This was a mistake - it wasn't terribly hot down there, but it was consistently humid, and we did a lot of walking around outside, so diaper rash became a minor issue. Second, because I was only going to be there for a few days, I decided to bring only one kind of diaper with me - a daytime, slim, suitable for being in public, cloth-backed diaper with Velcro-type tabs that conceals well and is silent (a Prevail 360). I did not pack any heavier overnight diapers; usually at home, at night I wear something plastic-backed and in a larger size. However, I rediscovered why I don't typically sleep in those things - the front doesn't extend far enough for stomach sleepers, and the sides offer no containment whatsoever.

Added to that is the fact that this has been a season of damp mornings for me, due, I think, to being at social events and consuming alcohol of some description pretty much every night for three straight weeks - I was pretty happy with having woken up a couple of times in the last few weeks to a diaper that was nearly at capacity, with no recollection of how that came about. That recent history contributed to my unease about drifting into a deep sleep after a night of good wine, and then befouling my hosts' bedding, so I was conservative about drinking water before going to bed (my preferred hangover prevention technique), and, when I woke up and had to pee, I sometimes reluctantly got up out of bed and headed to the loo, out of distrust for my stylish little diaper, something I haven't had to do in a couple of years. 

On another topic, I have a question for you folks, with respect to wearing diapers through the TSA body scanners prevalent at many airports in the US: do you do it, and what has happened when you have? I had planned to, and had steeled myself for whatever might come, but then I got notified by my airline's app that there was an expectation of delays at the airport, and I figured that getting pulled aside for a more thorough examination wasn't going to help expedite my travels, so I put a diaper in my computer bag, and didn't put it on until after I had cleared security.  I was glad I made that decision, because after I went through the scanner, I got pulled aside for a further examination of my "saddle" area, as they called it, which meant the TSA guy ran his fingers around my waistband, and ran the back of his hand over the front and rear of my nether regions.

Had I been wearing a diaper, he would definitely have discovered it, and I'm curious as to what happens then. Does he shrug and wave me past? Are there questions? Does someone need to examine the diaper in greater detail, to make sure that it isn't packed with contraband? If any of you have been through this, let me know how it went. 

Happy New Year. I traveled South for a weekend after the holidays, and I have some notes from the road:
So, I have to admit to a couple of rookie errors - although I'm on my way to 10 months, I still have some things to learn. Case in point: I was only gone for a few days, so I packed very light, and that impacted me in a couple of ways. First, I neglected to pack diaper cream, and I thought I could get away without using it for a short time. This was a mistake - it wasn't terribly hot down there, but it was consistently humid, and we did a lot of walking around outside, so diaper rash became a minor issue. Second, because I was only going to be there for a few days, I decided to bring only one kind of diaper with me - a daytime, slim, suitable for being in public, cloth-backed diaper with Velcro-type tabs that conceals well and is silent (a Prevail 360). I did not pack any heavier overnight diapers; usually at home, at night I wear something plastic-backed and in a larger size. However, I rediscovered why I don't typically sleep in those things - the front doesn't extend far enough for stomach sleepers, and the sides offer no containment whatsoever.
Added to that is the fact that this has been a season of damp mornings for me, due, I think, to being at social events and consuming alcohol of some description pretty much every night for three straight weeks - I was pretty happy with having woken up a couple of times in the last few weeks to a diaper that was nearly at capacity, with no recollection of how that came about. That recent history contributed to my unease about drifting into a deep sleep after a night of good wine, and then befouling my hosts' bedding, so I was conservative about drinking water before going to bed (my preferred hangover prevention technique), and, when I woke up and had to pee, I sometimes reluctantly got up out of bed and headed to the loo, out of distrust for my stylish little diaper, something I haven't had to do in a couple of years. 
On another topic, I have a question for you folks, with respect to wearing diapers through the TSA body scanners prevalent at many airports in the US: do you do it, and what has happened when you have? I had planned to, and had steeled myself for whatever might come, but then I got notified by my airline's app that there was an expectation of delays at the airport, and I figured that getting pulled aside for a more thorough examination wasn't going to help expedite my travels, so I put a diaper in my computer bag, and didn't put it on until after I had cleared security.  I was glad I made that decision, because after I went through the scanner, I got pulled aside for a further examination of my "saddle" area, as they called it, which meant the TSA guy ran his fingers around my waistband, and ran the back of his hand over the front and rear of my nether regions.
Had I been wearing a diaper, he would definitely have discovered it, and I'm curious as to what happens then. Does he shrug and wave me past? Are there questions? Does someone need to examine the diaper in greater detail, to make sure that it isn't packed with contraband? If any of you have been through this, let me know how it went. 
If its wet both an agent or the human size microwave scanner will send you for secondary private check ,you will have to change into a dry diaper .
If you diaper is dry no problem just say your wearing a clean diaper and they won't think twice .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

If its wet both an agent or the human size microwave scanner will send you for secondary private check ,you will have to change into a dry diaper .
If you diaper is dry no problem just say your wearing a clean diaper and they won't think twice .

No disrespect but this is so inaccurate.  Being sent for a private check is exceptionally rare and I have never been asked to remove my diaper regardless of how soaked it was.  I know there are a few horror stories of rouge TSA agents out there but they are definitely the exception and not the rule.  TSA recently has actually became much more understanding and discreet when it comes to wearing diapers through security.  In my mind they have had a form of diaper sensitivity training.  Recently I was screened with a soaked Tykables Unicorn diaper with a thick booster pad and the agent merely patted me down discreetly after I told him I was wearing a diaper.  No issues.  No strip searches.  No problems.

As someone who travels atleast seventy percent of the year and wears diapers permanently I like to think I am experienced on this subject.  In my opinion no one should change their diaper habits just because they are traveling on an airplane.  Going through security diapered is ABSOLUTELY not a big deal as generally the scanner does not detect the padding between your legs.  Wear proud.

13 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Thanks for that information, CBG - I always wondered how it worked or what the protocol was. Always wear a dry diaper to the airport, then. Got it. I am to the point in this journey where I have worn a diaper pretty much everywhere, but going for a private interview with security, wherein I have to change my diaper at their request, is a level of commitment I am not yet prepared for!

I had a conversation with someone about what "rules" I had about my diapers, when I was a kid, and I have to say that what I had to report was probably pretty disappointing, at least from the perspective of someone who was perhaps interested in the "big/little" or "dom/sub" aspect of the experience (and I apologize if I have my terminology wrong - I don't know much about it). I am trying to collate all of my experiences and memories in one place - here - so I will do my best to transcribe the discussion. 

Basically, my parents never used diapers as a punishment, and I don't think they really took any satisfaction in my continuing to wear them to bed for so many years, mostly because it cost them money, while also occasionally presenting some logistical confounds. They embarked on a number of efforts to get me out of wearing diapers to bed, including restricting liquids after dinner, waking me up in the middle of the night to go pee, and implementing various charts and reward systems for staying dry. If I went on a run of a few days without a wet diaper, they would encourage me to go to bed without one, but that never worked out well for more than a couple of days, until I was probably 10, when I went from wetting 3 or 4 times a week, to maybe once a week, and then, really, not at all. 

So, there weren't a lot of "rules", but the ones that I can recall were:

- Because the disposables of the day didn't have tapes that survived much re-positioning, after I was probably 4 or 5, and privacy became a concern, they would let me sit on the diaper and pull it up over myself, before coming in to actually tape it on. There had been leaks from poorly-fitted diapers so it was best for me to have help with this. 

- For the same reason, if I needed to remove it for some reason, say, to go #2, or, if I had it on relatively early, and needed to pee, they would open one side of it, I would go do what I needed to, and then they would repair it with tape, if necessary. 

- If we were going on a long journey, where I might fall asleep, or we were driving somewhere where we expected to arrive later in the evening, I generally wore a diaper in the car. At night, it would be under PJ's, but if we were driving to Florida or the East coast, then I might have one on under my day clothes. 

- If we went to a drive-in movie or were going to watch a movie at home on the couch, where there was a real possibility that I might fall asleep, I generally had a diaper on. 

- I didn't have a choice about wearing one when we were staying at someone else's house, or if I was at a sleepover - my parents were mortified at the idea of endangering someone else's bedding, so diaper "amnesty" experiments only occurred at our house, or at the cottage. 

- There wasn't any rule that I recall about when I was allowed or required to take it off, however my parents would generally ask me to go get changed by mid-morning or lunch time, if it was a weekend, or holiday, and we were running around in our PJ's until later than usual. 

- That's about it, as far as I can recall. 

I had an interesting conversation with my wife yesterday that featured her using the generally-unspoken "d" word again, while also, I think, acknowledging that she maybe has some idea of what I'm up to, meandering around the house at seemingly all hours in a diaper. It started with her lamenting that she had to attend a board meeting for one of the kids' activities that would likely run to three or more hours long - much longer than one would imagine is required; this is a small local club, not a Fortune 500 company. So, she joked that she was tempted to borrow one of my diapers. I responded that she could use one anytime she wanted to. The rest of the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Absolutely - take one anytime you want to. I'm not going to lie - they can be very convenient."

Her: "No, I'm kidding. I actually hate the idea of wearing one  - when I had my hip surgery and I woke up in one, I hated it and asked them to take it off ASAP. Whereas it seems like you prefer them." (She had hip surgery as a teen and was confined to a bed for a few days)

Me: "No, I don't mind them at all - I'm generally more comfortable in a diaper."

Her: "Well, yeah, you don't have to worry about waking up in a wet bed, and I don't have to worry about it either." 

That last statement continues to ignore the fact that I've been "openly" wearing diapers during the day - IE, being discrete outside of the house, and when the children are home, but not hiding them from her in any way. But she did tacitly acknowledge that she's more or less figured out that I like wearing diapers, and she also didn't editorialize on that observation; she didn't cast it in a negative way or use a sarcastic tone. I call this progress, although I think it puts a nail in the coffin of the idea that she might one day want to "participate" in my interest, either by trying a diaper on, or by being willing to put one on me. 

I think the next frontier I want to tackle is moving from awkwardly diapering myself on the bathroom floor, with the door closed, to doing it either on our bed, or on a bench we have in our room. I have no timeline for doing that - it would have to feel right. I also should probably add a lock to the bedroom door in conjunction with this goal, so that there aren't any unexpected kid incursions because the wind is blowing a tree branch against someone's window, etc. 

Here's another transplant from a side-bar conversation; someone asked me if I'd experienced any catastrophic diaper failures. As an adult, I have had some near-misses; leaks where I was thankfully on my way home or already at home, and, I have had a couple of long-worn night diapers start shedding fluff and polymer beads down the legs of my pants while I was out walking the dog late the next day after doing a lot of walking around in what was, essentially at that point, an abused diaper. But, other than those examples, I haven't really experienced a life-altering nappy catastrophe. 

As a kid, I did have one fairly catastrophic diaper leak that I remember; there were others that happened at night from time to time, but, my bed had a rubber sheet on it, so those weren't really disasters, just inconveniences for my parents. There are some legendary stories about ballistic poop explosions from when I was still "in diapers" as a toddler, which I think every parent has, but I don't recall any of those events myself; they have just been passed down orally. The one that I do recall was travelling to a distant Christmas midnight mass when I was 7 or 8 years old; why we went that far, I have no idea, but I think it had to do with meeting up with my aunt, uncle and cousins, whom we spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day (the day after Christmas in Canada is called "Boxing Day", because we traditionally don gloves and settle holiday grievances on that day). Christmas probably fell on a week day, and one or both of my parents probably worked the day, and then we struck out to meet our relatives at a church (they were Catholic, we were not), and then head back to their place. 

I don't think it was actually a midnight mass - there are such things, but they also put masses on at, say, 9 or 10 PM, for families, and this was probably one of those, but in any case, I was wearing dress pants and a shirt, but also a diaper, because we drove for two hours to get there in the evening, and I predictably fell asleep in the back of the car, as did my siblings. So, I arrived at the church in a slightly squishy diaper, but the mass was only maybe 90 minutes long, and my aunt & uncle lived only a few minutes away. Sitting in the church, bored, I realized that I had to pee, but, this was one of the few occasions where I was thankful to have a diaper on. So, I rolled with the situation, and relaxed, relying on my under-sized Pampers, which, it turns out, had already been relied upon at least once on the drive up. I was asking too much of 80's disposable diaper technology, and my diaper leaked at the leg gathers and soaked the back of my legs. I knew right away what had happened, because my thighs were wet, but I just sat there, stock-still, and didn't get up even when everyone stood up at various points in the mass. It wasn't until we had to leave that I reluctantly stood, whereupon my sister immediately flagged my mom as to the condition of my trousers. 

I was lucky, insofar as I was a 7 or 8-year-old boy sitting in church late in the evening, so, everyone assumed that I had, as was obvious, wet my pants. However, the visible dampness was, in itself, mute testimony that I probably was NOT wearing a diaper. An expert on the topic might have noted that the seat of my pants was largely dry, in a roughly triangular pattern, indicating that some kind of waterproof barrier was present underneath, but as far as I know, nobody engaged in that level of forensic analysis at 11 PM in a busy church. My mom walked me out to the car and dug a pair of pajama pants out of my travel bag, pulled a diaper from the box, and, mercifully, wrapped the pajamas around it (which was something she didn't always do - I had been frozen in horror from time to time when my mom indiscreetly walked through a room with a diaper in her hand, or carried a box of diapers in from the car and set it on a kitchen table or counter while family or friends were milling about, for example). 

We went back into the now-depopulated church, and she took me into the women's washroom, and, thankfully, diapered me standing up, rather than trying to have me lie down on something. I was terrified that the door would swing open and someone would walk in, but, the operation was quick, my sodden diaper was swapped for a new one, and I was in dry pajamas before my aunt came in a couple of minutes later. 

That was probably the worst diaper incident I've had that I can remember, but I don't think anyone really caught on to the fact that I was wearing a diaper, except maybe my aunt, who probably already knew. Was it embarrassing to have wet my pants in church? Yes. But that was not as embarrassing as being seen in a diaper would have been, at least from my perspective. 

I also have to give a shout-out to my older sister, who could be mean at times, and didn't mind reminding me that I wore diapers, if she had a chance to do so, but who, in that moment, told my mom that her brother had "wet his pants" and not "wet his diaper", in front of my cousins. 

On 1/10/2020 at 2:44 AM, Little Sherri said:

I had an interesting conversation with my wife yesterday that featured her using the generally-unspoken "d" word again, while also, I think, acknowledging that she maybe has some idea of what I'm up to, meandering around the house at seemingly all hours in a diaper. It started with her lamenting that she had to attend a board meeting for one of the kids' activities that would likely run to three or more hours long - much longer than one would imagine is required; this is a small local club, not a Fortune 500 company. So, she joked that she was tempted to borrow one of my diapers. I responded that she could use one anytime she wanted to. The rest of the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Absolutely - take one anytime you want to. I'm not going to lie - they can be very convenient."

Her: "No, I'm kidding. I actually hate the idea of wearing one  - when I had my hip surgery and I woke up in one, I hated it and asked them to take it off ASAP. Whereas it seems like you prefer them." (She had hip surgery as a teen and was confined to a bed for a few days)

Me: "No, I don't mind them at all - I'm generally more comfortable in a diaper."

Her: "Well, yeah, you don't have to worry about waking up in a wet bed, and I don't have to worry about it either." 

That last statement continues to ignore the fact that I've been "openly" wearing diapers during the day - IE, being discrete outside of the house, and when the children are home, but not hiding them from her in any way. But she did tacitly acknowledge that she's more or less figured out that I like wearing diapers, and she also didn't editorialize on that observation; she didn't cast it in a negative way or use a sarcastic tone. I call this progress, although I think it puts a nail in the coffin of the idea that she might one day want to "participate" in my interest, either by trying a diaper on, or by being willing to put one on me. 

I think the next frontier I want to tackle is moving from awkwardly diapering myself on the bathroom floor, with the door closed, to doing it either on our bed, or on a bench we have in our room. I have no timeline for doing that - it would have to feel right. I also should probably add a lock to the bedroom door in conjunction with this goal, so that there aren't any unexpected kid incursions because the wind is blowing a tree branch against someone's window, etc. 

Resting as it does upon the bedrock of lower expectations, I’ve made no conscious effort to habituate my beloved to my diapered state.

For the most part, I conduct nappy-related infrastructure and logistics out-of-sight and she will avoid certain places at certain times to facilitate the aforementioned out-of-sightedness.

Thusly, we can carry on with our lives under the illusion, like the hidden-away cousin-Hugo-in-the-attic, that this isn’t real and not fight about it.

Having said that, a year later, I’ve gotten a bit casual about some things.  It occurred to me this morning that yet again, I’d left a pair of white waterproof pants sitting in plain view in our walk-in robe and there was a disposable nappy (pristine and awaiting duty) in nearly-line-of-sight on top of a chest of drawers in there.  I realised that this was now a near-default state of affairs which is a bit careless of me.  As a year ago, I would leave underwear laying about, now it's plastic pants and diapers (not used diapers - I'm scrupulously tidy about that!).  

It would be quite unusual, but not impossible for someone other than my wife or I to go into our walk-in-robe.

Tonight, I shall take care to at least cover them with another article of clothing.  I shall endeavour to lift my game.

15 hours ago, oznl said:

Having said that, a year later, I’ve gotten a bit casual about some things.  It occurred to me this morning that yet again, I’d left a pair of white waterproof pants sitting in plain view in our walk-in robe and there was a disposable nappy (pristine and awaiting duty) in nearly-line-of-sight on top of a chest of drawers in there.  I realised that this was now a near-default state of affairs which is a bit careless of me.  As a year ago, I would leave underwear laying about, now it's plastic pants and diapers (not used diapers - I'm scrupulously tidy about that!).  

It would be quite unusual, but not impossible for someone other than my wife or I to go into our walk-in-robe.

I'm careful when there's anyone else staying here apart from the two of us (eg over Christmas when the kids were home).  These days I don't really worry much the rest of the time.  There's a bucket with a lid on in the bathroom for used nappies, I've often got cloth nappies out on a drying rack in the spare bedroom, and there's often a pair of plastic pants out overnight in the bedroom.  When my wife is not at work I nearly always get up first, grab a clean nappy and some plastic pants and head to the bathroom.  I brush my teeth, wash, and put my nappy on before heading back to the bedroom to get dressed.  My wife seems to be OK with this, for which I'm very grateful of course.  We very rarely get unexpected visitors, which also makes things a lot easier.

So I got a case of Rearz Little Monsters this week, and one thing I noticed is, you can definitely detect the scent of them, even more so than their Barnyard diapers. I've been wearing them to bed since Monday, and I noticed that my bedding now carries the soft, slightly-soapy scent of the diaper, even late in the day - I noticed it when I was making the bed in the early evening. Scent aside, they are a comfy diaper, with tenacious tapes, but definitely on the loud side, and tall at the back. They are a great night diaper for me, or for wearing around the house when the kids aren't home, but other than maybe when taking the dog for a walk, I wouldn't wear one out of the house.

My quest for a discreet but high-quality plastic diaper for daytime wear continues. I have worn Depends with a booster, which are fairly quiet for some reason under clothes, and with the booster, they can last for half a day, but, they're not a great diaper, and without the booster, their life expectancy is perhaps best measured in minutes rather than hours. Though they do keep you honest - once that diaper goes on, it's not coming off, because the tapes tear the front to shreds, unless you modify them by creating a landing zone with tape. But rather than heavily fortifying a low-end diaper with a booster and tape, I'd rather find something I can buy that comes ready for battle out of the package. So far, my go-to daytime diaper continues to be the Prevail 360 Breezer, which is a cloth-backed diaper with velcro tabs and stretchy wings that has what I imagine the feel of a Pampers Cruiser would be, if I could wear one. It's not a bad diaper, quiet and reliable, but the look of them - plain white with a wetness indicator - leaves something to be desired, and I always gravitate towards taped-on plastic diapers, because that is what I grew up wearing. 

I added a great pair of plastic pants to my inventory - light blue with images of babies wearing (surprise) light blue plastic pants. Now I have to muster up the courage to wear them around the house. Given my wife's minimal reaction to seeing me in plastic pants before, and the her lack of commentary on the graphic design of any diaper I have worn so far, I suspect this will be a non-event, but for some reason, the idea of it puts me slightly on edge. 

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So I got a case of Rearz Little Monsters this week, and one thing I noticed is, you can definitely detect the scent of them, even more so than their Barnyard diapers. I've been wearing them to bed since Monday, and I noticed that my bedding now carries the soft, slightly-soapy scent of the diaper, even late in the day - I noticed it when I was making the bed in the early evening. Scent aside, they are a comfy diaper, with tenacious tapes, but definitely on the loud side, and tall at the back. They are a great night diaper for me, or for wearing around the house when the kids aren't home, but other than maybe when taking the dog for a walk, I wouldn't wear one out of the house.

My quest for a discreet but high-quality plastic diaper for daytime wear continues. I have worn Depends with a booster, which are fairly quiet for some reason under clothes, and with the booster, they can last for half a day, but, they're not a great diaper, and without the booster, their life expectancy is perhaps best measured in minutes rather than hours. Though they do keep you honest - once that diaper goes on, it's not coming off, because the tapes tear the front to shreds, unless you modify them by creating a landing zone with tape. But rather than heavily fortifying a low-end diaper with a booster and tape, I'd rather find something I can buy that comes ready for battle out of the package. So far, my go-to daytime diaper continues to be the Prevail 360 Breezer, which is a cloth-backed diaper with velcro tabs and stretchy wings that has what I imagine the feel of a Pampers Cruiser would be, if I could wear one. It's not a bad diaper, quiet and reliable, but the look of them - plain white with a wetness indicator - leaves something to be desired, and I always gravitate towards taped-on plastic diapers, because that is what I grew up wearing. 

I added a great pair of plastic pants to my inventory - light blue with images of babies wearing (surprise) light blue plastic pants. Now I have to muster up the courage to wear them around the house. Given my wife's minimal reaction to seeing me in plastic pants before, and the her lack of commentary on the graphic design of any diaper I have worn so far, I suspect this will be a non-event, but for some reason, the idea of it puts me slightly on edge. 

My current daytime diaper depends on whether I am working at the office or working at home/weekend (where changing is easier).

For “long range” remote office work, I’ve found nothing to beat the Betterdry 24/7.  There are the usual plastic pants to protect against minor leaks and the bulk of the Betterdry is somewhat muted by the compression stocking pant I wear over the top of them.  For me, I find that it is more economical, logistically simpler and I suspect subtler to wear a bulkier nappy that can last the whole day rather than trying to orchestrate a lunchtime nappy change.

At home it’s more likely a Molicare premium slip (now premium slip “elastic”). They still work although I might need to change earlier than close-of-business.

I'd try the Prevail Breezer but I live in Australia which limits range and price (small, remote market, many manufacturers don't bother, others inflict a punishing "Australia Tax").  In Australia, I have exactly ONE supplier of BetterDry who is currently out of stock and has been for weeks.  I hope that resolves soon.

22 hours ago, oznl said:

My current daytime diaper depends on whether I am working at the office or working at home/weekend (where changing is easier).

For “long range” remote office work, I’ve found nothing to beat the Betterdry 24/7.  There are the usual plastic pants to protect against minor leaks and the bulk of the Betterdry is somewhat muted by the compression stocking pant I wear over the top of them.  For me, I find that it is more economical, logistically simpler and I suspect subtler to wear a bulkier nappy that can last the whole day rather than trying to orchestrate a lunchtime nappy change.

At home it’s more likely a Molicare premium slip (now premium slip “elastic”). They still work although I might need to change earlier than close-of-business.

I'd try the Prevail Breezer but I live in Australia which limits range and price (small, remote market, many manufacturers don't bother, others inflict a punishing "Australia Tax").  In Australia, I have exactly ONE supplier of BetterDry who is currently out of stock and has been for weeks.  I hope that resolves soon.

I'm lucky because I live close to a huge market (the US), and there are a couple of places within driving distance of me that allow online orders with pickups, so I don't even have to pay for shipping. Up until earlier this year, the other concern had been about a giant box of nappies landing on my front porch for my wife to investigate, but now I guess I can cross that off of my list of concerns. Though she might still ask me how much I'm spending on this fixation of mine, if she were to find herself frequently carrying in off the porch. 

I have a pack of the Better-Dry 24/7 printed equivalent, Crinklz, and I agree that they are a great diaper, although I still find them a bit bulky for day wear. The Better-Dry tape-on-a-tape landing zone solution to allow them to be re-fastened takes a bit of getting used to, but I have mastered it now.The plastic is quieter, though, than the Rearz models I have in stock, which you can hear from down the block - maybe that has to do with them not having to reinforce the cover as much, since they have that two-tape system. Perhaps I should seek out a compression stocking - where does one purchase such a thing? Do I need a prescription?

I haven't tried the Molicare, but the company that carries the Prevails also carries a number of Molicare models. I've just looked it up online, because the names are slightly different here, and what I saw looks very similar to the Prevail, except that the Prevail has elasticized wings. I appreciate that, because it allows me to wear a medium, rather than a large, which is a bit less bulky and doesn't go a third of the way up my back. I purchased a bag of the medium and of the large Prevails starting out, and I now buy cases of the medium. I'll see if I can get a sample of the medium and large of the Molicare Slip and see how they fit. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Perhaps I should seek out a compression stocking - where does one purchase such a thing? Do I need a prescription?

My cunning plan here has been the wilful misuse of women's "shaping wear".  These are basically article of clothing that use industrial strength elastics to relocate body fat to more flattering areas: a bit like squeezing a balloon.

These things are as cheap as chips and worn over a nappy, do an awesome job of muting noise, compressing bulk and even reducing leaks by keeping the nappy snug up against you.  They are also quite comfortable to wear.  They tame the BetterDry nicely.

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/emerson-women-s-shaping-short-nude/p/1014759-nude/

I suppose I should make a fortune by re-branding as some kind of ABDL product but instead, I'm placing my brilliant idea into the public domain for common good ?

• Like 2
My cunning plan here has been the wilful misuse of women's "shaping wear".  These are basically article of clothing that use industrial strength elastics to relocate body fat to more flattering areas: a bit like squeezing a balloon.
These things are as cheap as chips and worn over a nappy, do an awesome job of muting noise, compressing bulk and even reducing leaks by keeping the nappy snug up against you.  They are also quite comfortable to wear.  They tame the BetterDry nicely.
https://www.bigw.com.au/product/emerson-women-s-shaping-short-nude/p/1014759-nude/
I suppose I should make a fortune by re-branding as some kind of ABDL product but instead, I'm placing my brilliant idea into the public domain for common good [emoji846]

No prescription needed , as crazy as it sounds you can buy them on amazon ,however i buy mine from rearz ,including shipping its cheaper to buy from rearz than anyplace in the states , Abena makes nice ones .

1 hour ago, Cruiser 03 said:

,however i buy mine from rearz ,including shipping its cheaper to buy from rearz than anyplace in the states , Abena makes nice ones .

I live close enough to go to Rearz, so I'll have to take a look. 

Well, this morning my wife and I were leaving the house in a hurry, taking kids in opposite directions for activities, and whereas we normally manage to give one another elbow room in our en suite bathroom, today we both had to leave at pretty much the same time, and we both overslept, so we had to dance around each other a bit. This resulted in there being no doubt that, while she didn't see me actually change my diaper, she most definitely saw me enter the washroom in a somewhat sagging diaper, and emerge from the washroom in a fresh diaper, and then we were in a conversation about the logistics of the day while I pulled on my jeans over it, buttoned up my shirt, and left to begin ferrying our progeny about.

My daytime use of diapers remains as of now unspoken, but, I'm not doing anything to hide it from her. Today differed slightly from our normal routine, however, in that, on a standard, say, Monday, when the kids are at school, and I tend to work from home because there are a bunch of conference calls to deal with, I might either A) leave my night diaper on until well into the afternoon, if it has sufficient capacity, or, B) I might swap my night diaper for another diaper of similar construction - typically a larger, printed plastic diaper - and then proceed to wear that openly until just before the kids come home in the afternoon. So, unless she really pays attention to the proceedings, it would be easy for her to assume that I'm staying in my night diaper longer than circumstances require, but, I haven't offered up any pointed evidence that I'm swapping one nappy for another and proceeding with my day. 

As far as I can recall, I haven't come home from anywhere distant later in the day or in the evening, and undressed down to a diaper in front of her - she's rarely in the bedroom when I go up to get changed after work, and if she is, I've grabbed a diaper from my drawer, then generally  I've gone into the bathroom to do it, just because that's where my diaper supplies are, and it's where I change them. I suppose that would be the next barrier - getting undressed in full view after a night out or whatever. But I have to assume she knows?

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

But I have to assume she knows?

My experience with wives is that they usually know far more than they let on.  Mine is domestically omnipresent.  She knows where my favorite cookie-monster t-shirt lies buried in the walk-in robe, knows where the castor sugar is inside an enormous pantry that looks like an earthquake has hit a supermarket, knows how that ding REALLY appeared on the rear quarter panel of the car and she knows what my diaper routine looks like.

I'm punting she either doesn't want to deal with it or doesn't know how to deal with it.  Maybe it doesn't even need dealing with.

ps:  In a curious kind of echo, when I went into our bedroom last night to go to bed my wife said to me "I couldn't get your pyjamas dry so you won't be able to wear them sorry" (somehow I've gotten down to just ONE pair of summer short pyjama pants and our rainy season, which has finally arrived, is messing with the laundry).

So, the net effect of this was that she was saying "You'll have to sleep in just your nappy".  I do this anyway on hot nights but it's never been spoken about.  Accordingly, I cleaned my teeth, stripped down to my nappy and trainers and got into bed beside her in the slightly unusual context of her implicit informed consent for me to be in just a nappy.

Just to ice the cake so to speak, some kind of alien crept into our bed and thoroughly drenched my nappy last night.  I could remember stirring around 4am and dribbling some tiny amount out of habit but when I got up to change, my bum felt wet and my Molicare was completely soaked.  I've no idea how or when that happened.

This weekend I actually decided to pantomime a trip out to relieve myself, because my apparent camel-like ability to store liquid was being noticed. I was at a beer-making, beer-tasting party with a bunch of people, hanging out in a purpose-built shed with a wood stove for an evening. Proof, as an aside, that all men need is a table made of 2X4's and plywood to stand around, and a TV with a pay-per-view fight on it, and some beer, to be happy - leather recliners, carpets, and indoor plumbing are apparently not required. 

We were drinking a lot of beer, and people were venturing out to the back corner of the generous lot in order to do the needful without disturbing the snoozing women and children in the main house, and at some point in my drinking, it occurred to me that people were coming in and regaling everyone with what it was like outside (we were in the midst of a snow storm), and that my boots were dry and my jacket had been slung over a stool for basically the entire evening, while some guys had headed out two or three times. But of course I had a secret advantage in my infantile underwear, which they presumably didn't know about. Because of the weather and because the host had specifically noted that we should dress warmly, because part of the process involved leaving a door open to stave off carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas burner during a boil, I was wearing snow pants, which meant that I was able to wear a big diaper. But I decided to trudge outside to check out the weather, I took in the always slightly-fascinating sound of a billion snowflakes landing and imploding at the same time, and then I headed back in, whereupon a buddy said "Jesus, I was wondering if you were ever going to need to go - you drank like three pitchers of beer!" I made a crack about having a well-conditioned bladder as a byproduct of frequent travel, but the truth, of course, is the inverse of that - my bladder is not well-conditioned, having become used to never holding anything for more than 15 minutes or so. 

On 1/18/2020 at 6:45 PM, oznl said:

My experience with wives is that they usually know far more than they let on. 

To @oznl's point here, I got a slightly lifted eyebrow this morning, because I wore a Rearz Inspire + InControl nighttime to bed, a really big, thirsty diaper, and when I woke up, it was only a bit damp, and these things are gloriously comfortable, perhaps more so when a bit damp, and I just wasn't ready to take it off, so I walked past my wife, into the washroom, in just the diaper, carrying a section of the newspaper, obviously headed for a session on the loo. As a side-note, for those who don't know me, I don't generally do 'that' in my diaper - it's just too much of an ordeal afterwards, and for me, the diaper is blown - I can't hang out with a load on board for any length of time, and I'm pretty sure my wife would have me killed if that was how I wanted to roll. So, anyway, I was in there for 15 minutes or so, and then I put my diaper back on and came back out, running into my wife again, and that was when I got the lifted eyebrow. I wasn't sure if she was taking notes as to what I had on in the Southern hemisphere, or if a diaper was a diaper to her, but this one is really big, so I think she noted that I'd put a wet diaper back on. So, maybe that's another barrier crashed through. 

My younger daughter decided to impinge on my plan to lounge around openly in my giant comfy diaper on this work-from-home day, by running a fever this morning, which caused my wife to decide to keep her home. However, rather than swapping it for something small, I have put a onesie on, and excavated an old, dramatically over-sized pair of jeans from my closet, and, based on my assumption that my daughter is not seeking a riveting day of watching her dad look at spreadsheets in his office, I think I may be able to cruise in this for a few more hours. 

8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

This weekend I actually decided to pantomime a trip out to relieve myself, because my apparent camel-like ability to store liquid was being noticed. I was at a beer-making, beer-tasting party with a bunch of people, hanging out in a purpose-built shed with a wood stove for an evening. Proof, as an aside, that all men need is a table made of 2X4's and plywood to stand around, and a TV with a pay-per-view fight on it, and some beer, to be happy - leather recliners, carpets, and indoor plumbing are apparently not required. 

We were drinking a lot of beer, and people were venturing out to the back corner of the generous lot in order to do the needful without disturbing the snoozing women and children in the main house, and at some point in my drinking, it occurred to me that people were coming in and regaling everyone with what it was like outside (we were in the midst of a snow storm), and that my boots were dry and my jacket had been slung over a stool for basically the entire evening, while some guys had headed out two or three times. But of course I had a secret advantage in my infantile underwear, which they presumably didn't know about. Because of the weather and because the host had specifically noted that we should dress warmly, because part of the process involved leaving a door open to stave off carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas burner during a boil, I was wearing snow pants, which meant that I was able to wear a big diaper. But I decided to trudge outside to check out the weather, I took in the always slightly-fascinating sound of a billion snowflakes landing and imploding at the same time, and then I headed back in, whereupon a buddy said "Jesus, I was wondering if you were ever going to need to go - you drank like three pitchers of beer!" I made a crack about having a well-conditioned bladder as a byproduct of frequent travel, but the truth, of course, is the inverse of that - my bladder is not well-conditioned, having become used to never holding anything for more than 15 minutes or so. 

"… And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow…"

Ooh, I make beer.  I've got an online pico-brewery for when I'm lazy and at other times, I've got a modified fridge and just make a huge mess in the kitchen.  Pale Ale or IPA please and for me, ABV starts at around 5.5%  My friends are too lazy - they just buy the stuff which is basically just about gifting the Government since there is so much nanny-tax on beer in Australia now.

I've also had to conduct a pantomime pee out at a bar with friends once.  Everybody else had been twice and it was only a matter of time before somebody commented.  I think I did actually manage to drain a little bit out which gave my nappy some extra mileage.

I had a fairly awkward moment back in August on a long haul (9 hour) flight with a colleague when I did NOT undertake such a ritual.  Although we weren't sitting next to each other, she was seated in the rows behind me, between my seat and the cattle-class bathroom.  At the end of the flight as we were making our way to Terminal 3 at Singapore to meet our next flight she was marvelling how I'd managed the entire sector without once getting up for the bathroom.  Fortunately she didn't seem to notice any slight waddle OR the relatively lengthy pit stop I made in a terminal bathroom (nappy change).

15 hours ago, oznl said:

Ooh, I make beer.  I've got an online pico-brewery for when I'm lazy and at other times, I've got a modified fridge and just make a huge mess in the kitchen.  Pale Ale or IPA please and for me, ABV starts at around 5.5%  My friends are too lazy - they just buy the stuff which is basically just about gifting the Government since there is so much nanny-tax on beer in Australia now.

I have two buddies who make beer; one of them is a biologist with a relatively Fisher-Price setup but a deep and abiding respect for the microbes and for process controls, and the other has an absolute Porsche of a home beer making setup, because he works for a company that builds commercial breweries (we were at the latter's shed this past weekend, and the former was there as well). IPA's and Pale Ales are definitely my styles as well, although I also have a soft spot for Belgian tripels and quads, and anything with the words "Porter", "Imperial" and "Stout" in the name. While we made beer, we tried beer, and I think the lowest ABV example that I brought was a 6% IPA. The highest was an 11.2% imperial stout. Making beer is something that I want to do, and I will, but the problem is, having seen what these guys can do, I want to jump from crawling to sprinting, because I know that a 1 gallon carboy and bottle conditioning won't hold my fascination long enough to make it worth while. I need to spend a few hundred dollars and at least get a keg in a small fridge with a C02 rig, and a fermentation vessel of sufficient capacity, and probably a drill-powered grain mill. This would all have to live in my basement, as well, because in my garage, water is a solid for a good third of the year. Maybe I'll commandeer a corner, wall it off, and dedicate it to brewing and diaper storage. Nix that, actually - if I start brewing, I'll want to show people, and a wall of diapers would be difficult to explain. 

I have two buddies who make beer; one of them is a biologist with a relatively Fisher-Price setup but a deep and abiding respect for the microbes and for process controls, and the other has an absolute Porsche of a home beer making setup, because he works for a company that builds commercial breweries (we were at the latter's shed this past weekend, and the former was there as well). IPA's and Pale Ales are definitely my styles as well, although I also have a soft spot for Belgian tripels and quads, and anything with the words "Porter", "Imperial" and "Stout" in the name. While we made beer, we tried beer, and I think the lowest ABV example that I brought was a 6% IPA. The highest was an 11.2% imperial stout. Making beer is something that I want to do, and I will, but the problem is, having seen what these guys can do, I want to jump from crawling to sprinting, because I know that a 1 gallon carboy and bottle conditioning won't hold my fascination long enough to make it worth while. I need to spend a few hundred dollars and at least get a keg in a small fridge with a C02 rig, and a fermentation vessel of sufficient capacity, and probably a drill-powered grain mill. This would all have to live in my basement, as well, because in my garage, water is a solid for a good third of the year. Maybe I'll commandeer a corner, wall it off, and dedicate it to brewing and diaper storage. Nix that, actually - if I start brewing, I'll want to show people, and a wall of diapers would be difficult to explain. 
I have been enjoying Samuel Adams Winter cream stout ,it's yummy.

Well, it happened - I wet my pants when I didn't have a diaper on. I guess it was inevitable. I was getting ready to go to the gym, so I took my diaper off and put on big boy undies, but then I got distracted and was pacing around the house trying to find a water bottle (the irony...), and I felt a twinge of a need to pee, so, naturally, I did what has become my second nature these days, and answered the call with clearance from the control tower for takeoff. I stopped myself a second later, but, the damage was done, and I had to swap the lower half of my outfit. In an unrelated but similar note, I went to bed early last night, hopped up on cold medication, and passed into a deep sleep, which was much appreciated, because the night before, I didn't sleep at all. I awoke this morning in a Rearz Barnyard that was so sodden, I cautiously ran my hand over the sheets for a moment, anticipating that I might have had a breach of containment. But, no, the enormous Barnyard did its job. I have only one recollection of waking up and having a little tinkle, so either I opened the gates and fell back asleep and absolutely flooded the diaper, or, there was another incident that I am not recalling. I'm big on fluids when I'm not feeling 100%, so I'm glad I went industrial-duty when I chose my overnight diaper. 

10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Well, it happened - I wet my pants when I didn't have a diaper on. I guess it was inevitable. I was getting ready to go to the gym, so I took my diaper off and put on big boy undies, but then I got distracted and was pacing around the house trying to find a water bottle (the irony...), and I felt a twinge of a need to pee, so, naturally, I did what has become my second nature these days, and answered the call with clearance from the control tower for takeoff. I stopped myself a second later, but, the damage was done, and I had to swap the lower half of my outfit.

I think the only reason this hasn't happened to me by now is that I haven't spent enough time out of diapers for the opportunity to arise.  I will usually change OUT of a diaper for gym and that happens in the gym change room.  I will make a special effort to make sure my bladder has fully drained into my diaper before removing it.  A session is around 45m and I'm diapered back up in the gym change room well before an hour has elapsed. 

If you're like me, it is by now a VERY short path between recognising that there might be pee in your bladder that should be released and feeling wetter down there.  The whole business of standing around waiting for my lower urinary track to get the memo seems to have disappeared.  These days I pee little and often.  I'm pretty sure I always instigate daytime pee but there is nearly no thought that goes into it and once permission is granted, it executes and completes automatically and co-terminously to whatever it is I might be doing at the time.

I've got a routine medical checkup that I need to schedule soon and I'll do that diaper-free.  I don't really want awkward conversation with a GP just yet.  This could be an hour.   That would be the most time I'd have spent out of a nappy since April.

I'm also going to need to be able to stay tactically dry for an hour here or there to deal with airport security on an upcoming US trip.

I suspect that if I stopped thinking about it, I'd probably wet my pants because I'd forget I wasn't diapered.  Not incontinent, just conditioned.

I think the only reason this hasn't happened to me by now is that I haven't spent enough time out of diapers for the opportunity to arise.  I will usually change OUT of a diaper for gym and that happens in the gym change room.  I will make a special effort to make sure my bladder has fully drained into my diaper before removing it.  A session is around 45m and I'm diapered back up in the gym change room well before an hour has elapsed. 
If you're like me, it is by now a VERY short path between recognising that there might be pee in your bladder that should be released and feeling wetter down there.  The whole business of standing around waiting for my lower urinary track to get the memo seems to have disappeared.  These days I pee little and often.  I'm pretty sure I always instigate daytime pee but there is nearly no thought that goes into it and once permission is granted, it executes and completes automatically and co-terminously to whatever it is I might be doing at the time.
I've got a routine medical checkup that I need to schedule soon and I'll do that diaper-free.  I don't really want awkward conversation with a GP just yet.  This could be an hour.   That would be the most time I'd have spent out of a nappy since April.
I'm also going to need to be able to stay tactically dry for an hour here or there to deal with airport security on an upcoming US trip.
I suspect that if I stopped thinking about it, I'd probably wet my pants because I'd forget I wasn't diapered.  Not incontinent, just conditioned.
Be practical and tactical ,waddle softly with a heavy diaper!