LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

13 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

As for snow days, I live in the UK and we totally freak when any snow happens. It doesn't take much of it to stop anything working here.

I lived in the UK for a few years.  I always found it hilarious that the entire country was built (literally) upon the assumption that it didn't snow and the chaos that ensued when it inevitably DID.   Looking at YOU in particular Network SouthEast Rail.

13 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

Paraphrasing Oznl here, the puppy didn't care but it did know what you were doing in that diaper :)

Dogs ALWAY'S know.  They might not judge, but they know.

• Haha 3

Because the Universe has a sense of humour, I broke my weeks-long "actual" bedwetting drought this weekend... when I was sleeping over at a buddy's new house in a city about 90 minutes from where I live. I'd had a few beers, which were the reason I wasn't driving home, but by my personal standards, it was a light evening, from a drinking perspective. I probably could have driven home, legally, although the weather wasn't great and I was happy to just avail myself of their guest quarters. While sleeping, I had a dream that I was in the hospital for some reason that was never revealed. I believe the dream may have been precipitated by the gaming computer on a desk across the room from me, the screensaver for which would intermittently activate, bathing the room in pale light and dancing fractals, before putting itself back in sleep mode. I think my mind turned that into some kind of medical monitor. 

In the dream, I woke up needing to pee, but realized that I was hooked up to medical equipment, so I decided it was a bad idea to get out of bed, and then it dawned on me, as it often does in such dreams, that I was wearing a diaper. The realization itself was an interesting moment, because I guess, in my dream, I wasn't wearing diapers all the time. I recall becoming aware that I had one on, and then having a rush of... I don't know if embarrassment is the word, but maybe, self-consciousness, which was quickly eclipsed by pragmatism... I need to pee, somewhere along the way, I've been put in a diaper... it seems like this problem solves itself. So, I allowed myself to pee in the diaper, and then, I wondered what the protocol was... should I tell someone? Around then, higher functions started coming online, and I realized I was dreaming, and did not, in fact, need to get up and announce to my buddy that I'd wet my nappy. So I rolled over and went back to sleep. 

The next morning, when I got up and headed into their washroom to brush my teeth, I realized that my overnight diaper, a Rearz Critter Caboose, was decently wet. It was nowhere close to being at capacity - that product lives up to its railcar name - but, I'd put it on right before bed, so it was dry when the lights went out, and in the morning, it had become distinctly more attractive to gravity. 

So, in summary, it seems to me that a key component of wetting the bed, at least for me, is not wanting to wet the bed. At home, where I couldn't give a fig about if it happened, it often doesn't. At a buddy's place, where an inadvertent diaper leak could have resulted in a very uncomfortable morning... it happens, of course. 

• Like 2

Okay, folks, shield your eyes, as I’m about to paint a picture that’s not for the faint of heart: I am currently sitting on my bed, wearing… leggings over a diaper. And, incongruously, a t-shirt from my martial arts club. 

I know that this is not something anyone wants to see, or picture, but hear me out. It feels like -15 outside right now. I am trying to loosen Covid’s ruinous grip on my waistline, so, I’ve been doing long walks along the country roads around my house. I have these cursed leggings as part of a costume my wife bought me a couple of years BD (before diapers). They look heinous on me but they make great long underwear, so I donned them and then went for my frigid stroll. When I got back, my jeans were wet below the knees from snow, so I hung them over the radiator, intending to eventually take a shower and get changed… but it’s early yet, and my MegaMax still has some life in it… so here I sit, feeling an unfamiliar snugness, painted, as they are, over the outline of my diaper. I’ll have to abandon this course shortly, when my wife retrieves our daughter from dance, because appearing like this is, I’m sure, a contravention of some UN resolution on the rights of the child, but, for the moment, leggings it is. May Lululemon have mercy on my soul.  

• Haha 3

Heyyyyyy! 

It so turns out leggings are great for holding things in place! ?

Good luck on your exercise routines, I've found it challenging to make it work this time of year...if it's not the dark, it's the cold! But I suppose light-up leggings could be shoveled into existence. ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So, in summary, it seems to me that a key component of wetting the bed, at least for me, is not wanting to wet the bed. At home, where I couldn't give a fig about if it happened, it often doesn't. At a buddy's place, where an inadvertent diaper leak could have resulted in a very uncomfortable morning... it happens, of course. 

As tempting as it is to write this off as a left-field manifestation of Murphy's Law, I'm convinced there is something in this.

The easiest way for me NOT to wet the bed is to expect (or even worse, plan) to do so.  Ipso facto: bedwetting happens when I don't expect it to.

Answers on a postcard please...

• Like 1

I just answered my own survey question again, the one about if being in a remarkably wet diaper ever makes you self-conscious in front of others...

I am sitting up in my office wearing an ABU Alphagatorz, and my diaper did one of those annoying things that sometimes happens, where it's not entirely saturated, but it's pretty wet up front, and then a trickle of wetness goes running off towards my hips, rather than taking the path that you'd assume gravity would require, toward the less-saturated rear of the diaper. That trickle that went on an adventure wet the side of the track pants at the hip, so I took them off and hung them over the heater. 

So, I was sitting in my office in just the ABU and a sweater, when my wife came up to use my printer. I knew that if I made a dash for the pants, she'd hear it, and that would be more conspicuous than just doing nothing, so I stayed at my desk. She came into my office and barely blinked - me sitting around in a diaper is not front page news these days. However, then she had issues with my printer, and I had to get up and walk over to help her, and I could feel that my diaper was pendulous and swollen, and it made me self-conscious. I wanted to say, "But this is a $6 diaper! I have to use as much of it as I can!", but that would have just opened up another can of worms...

Here we are, at the end of another week. I'm passing the day up in my office in a Rearz Inspire+, which is very convenient, because it supposedly feels like a brisk -29 degrees outside, so I have no desire to have to run back to the house to use the potty. I wore a Critter Caboose yesterday for the better part of 20 hours. I put it on just before bed and woke up close to dry, so, really, its work day started at about 7:30 am and finished up at 8:00 PM when I got out of it to join a buddy at a pub. By that point, it looked like I was hiding a dead badger in my trousers, so, while the diaper might have been able to take more fire, there was no way I could go out into the world in it, unless I wore a bathrobe. 

I got conscripted into taking the dog out this morning, via some performance art. He started whimpering at 7:30 AM; my wife got up, and then said aloud, ostensibly to the dog: "You're going to have to wait because I have to pee... maybe you should talk to your dad, because we know that he doesn't have to wait to pee, don't we? Yes we do, yes we do! Daddy can pee AND take you outside, can't he? Yes he can, yes he can!" 

This is diaper discrimination, as far as I'm concerned. 

I sighed and rolled out from under the comfy bedding, pulled some pants on over my big white diaper, and took him out, thinking it would be a brief jaunt and I didn't need a jacket... wrong! I wasn't anticipating that I'd be stepping into a blast-freezer. The dog actually tried to change his mind when we got outside, but I curtailed his retreat and towed him over to his usual spot. He then proceeded with great haste, none of the "stopping to smell the roses" that he usually engages in. 

Hopefully these arctic conditions delivery a knockout punch to some of the pestilence that has been creeping into Southern Ontario, things like ticks and tree-consuming Asian beetles that used to get deterred by our awe-inspiring temperature swings, back when temperatures like this were a common feature of winter. 

Speaking of pestilence, I was out for a walk last night prior to my pub jaunt; it was dark enough out and my winter jacket is long enough that I wasn't worried about my pendulous diaper getting noticed. That was before it got truly frigid, but it was still about -8 degrees. I was surprised to see a little grey mouse cross the road in front of me, from one side of the forest to the other - I had no idea those things would be out and about when it gets this cold. I guess they're built for it, and also, that's what feeds the owls and foxes and such, but I had a moment of sympathy for the thing - it must be working hard to make its living under the snow on the forest floor when nothing is growing or producing seeds. Just don't come inside my house, little mouse, or it's game on. 

• Haha 1

I had a couple of interesting diaper experiences this weekend. First of all, I was over at a buddy's place for a round of sampling IPA's, which turned into touring his collection of Irish whiskeys. That ended with me deciding to "just lie down for  a second" on the bed in his guest room, before planning to get back up and go brush my teeth and put an overnight diaper on. That thought almost never goes to plan, and this was to be no exception. I passed out, of course, and woke up 4 hours latter while in the middle of wetting my diaper. I was in a Rearz Essential, which is a good enough daytime diaper but isn't an overnight weight, and, I'd also already been in it for a few hours when I turned in. 

I was very luck to awaken when I did, because I instantly realized I might be about to overwhelm my underpants, so I stood up. Cinching up diminished but didn't stop the flow, and I waddled over to the bathroom with the diaper expanding beneath me, and finished up the job, such as it was, in the potty, before switching over to the Bambino Skooldoodle that I'd thrown in my overnight bag for that purpose. This is further anecdotal proof, however unscientific and unsupported by statistics, that bedwetting is slightly more likely to happen when you wish it wouldn't, such as when borrowing a bed from someone you'd like to stay friends with. 

Speaking of diapers in bags brings me around to my other experience. We drove out yesterday to visit a friend of my wife who is going through an illness, and they're about 90 minutes from where we live. She had earlier expressed that the primary purpose was to drop off some food and say hi, but that we weren't going to linger. We were taking her car, which I do not have a "crash kit" inside, unlike my car, which always has a couple of diapers in a bag in the trunk. She'd already gotten into the car when I came walking out of the house, carrying only a can of diet pop. I got into the car, she put it in reverse, but then put it in park again, looked at me, seemed like she was collecting her thoughts, then dove in thusly:

"Are you going to be okay in... what you've got on?"

I gave her a quizzical look. I had jeans, a sweatshirt, and a decent jacket on, plus a hat and gloves. 

"I'm fine - we're not going to be spending a lot of time outside, I'd imagine? Otherwise maybe I'd bring boots...?"

"No, I mean, uh, you're undergarments."

"You mean my diaper?"

"Yes."

"But what do you mean?"

"Well you didn't bring anything with you."

"Well we're just going there and back, right? I'll be fine for a few hours."

"Well, it's possible we might end up spending a bit more time there, I don't want to have a countdown timer dictating when we have to leave."

At that point, I thought about arguing with her that I'd be fine - I'd just put on a Rearz Lil' Splash that I knew I could wear for 6 to 8 hours. But then, it occurred to me that she was just being thoughtful, and, that this was another subtle sign that my wearing diapers is the not-so-new normal, and that she's weaving that into the fabric of her thinking. So I shrugged, got out of the car, when into the house, and grabbed my backpack, which had a MegaMax and a 'Lil Monster in it, along with a couple of plastic bags and some diaper cream. I probably should have brought it with me, just to be on the safe side, but I'd been juggling a few tasks just prior to our leaving and I thought I was delaying her so I'd skipped grabbing it. 

I got back in the car two minutes later, unzipped the bag, and showed her the diapers.

"I'm probably good until tomorrow with these."

She thanked me and put the car in reverse and off we went, talking about this and that. We ended up staying at her friend's place for maybe 90 minutes, having tea, so the whole trip might have taken 5 hours. I did not have to change my diaper and she didn't ask about it. 

I wonder if I should propose leaving a couple of diapers in her car as well as mine? Her spare tire well is under the floor of the cargo area, and there is some additional space in there, so they would be out of sight and unlikely to get accidentally stumbled upon, except maybe by a mechanic. 

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

That ended with me deciding to "just lie down for  a second" on the bed in his guest room, before planning to get back up and go brush my teeth and put an overnight diaper on. That thought almost never goes to plan, and this was to be no exception. 

My version of this is, after that last flower-vase of red wine in front of the TV late on a Friday night is to shut my eyes in my recliner chair, just for a minute, before getting up and taking myself to bed.  I'm pretty sure I've thusly managed a sleep-wet or two in that chair.

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

and woke up 4 hours latter while in the middle of wetting my diaper.

This does seem to be a thing with where we find ourselves now.  Occasionally (usually after booze) I will start peeing during a deep phase of sleep but the sensations of wetting will rouse me and I wake to discover that there's a pee party happening in my pants.  Sometimes I don't fully wake and just have some vague half-memory.  A small number of times, I'll just wake and be surprised to find myself wet.

• Like 1

I had a another diaper dream, and this was very different from any others that I can recall having. It happened after my wife got up and left the room, but before my alarm went off, so in that "snooze" netherworld where dreams can sometimes feel super-realistic, if only because being suddenly yanked up from slumber can serve to preserve some of the finer details in one's mind. 

The dream kept changing gears in the usual nonsensical ways - it wasn't a narrative, but the mind always seeks to impose one, so in reviewing a dream, it can seem like a "story", when what actually "occurred" was a series of disjointed scenes that happened essentially in random order. That said, here goes. 

I was a kid, not sure how old, but not really young, so let's say 10 or so, and I was sitting in a pickup truck on a residential street with a family friend or maybe an uncle - who, I'm not sure, but I felt like I'd known them for a long time. We were parked perpendicular to the road, as though to obstruct traffic, but we weren't fully blocking it - it was more like we were acting as a "traffic calming" obstruction. Past where we were parked, a group of kids were playing on the road, kicking a ball around. Ergo, I conclude that the truck was providing cover for kids to play on the road without someone being able to drive up unknowingly at any rate of speed. They'd have to navigate around a truck blocking half of the road.

What's interesting, as a side note, is that, while these days, everyone and their sister owns pickup trucks, when I was a kid, that was not the case - most people had cars, or later, minivans. I had one uncle in another province with an old pickup truck, but the truck I was in, in the dream, was newer - I recall it being an F-150 (I'm a car guy so yeah, sometimes cars in my dreams are identifiable, even when people aren't...)

Then, I got out of the truck and went and joined the kids, and we were trying to figure out what game to play, and we seemed to be negotiating something. Then, someone's mom drove up in an SUV (this one nondescript), and we all piled into it, even though it felt like there were 10 of us. From there, we drove to a store with this person - the store seemed to be akin to a Winners (in Canada) or a TJ Maxx (US), sort of a clothing and housewares store. In the store, the mom was looking at something boring, perhaps shopping for an ironing board cover or whatever, and the kids, as a group, were walking up and down aisles, looking at various things on the shelves, searching for toys or interesting hardware. 

Then, I noticed that one of the kids we were with, a girl, who, in the dream, felt familiar to me, although I didn't give her a name, was wearing a long, patterned shirt, and under it, just a very large, white plastic diaper. Not a name-brand kid diaper, but something more akin to a bulky medical diaper, maybe a MegaMax or a BetterDry, if they made those to fit 10-year-olds. I remember she had sort of a bob haircut, and brown hair. So, in the dream, I wanted to ask her what was up with her wearing the diaper, but, I didn't want to ask her in front of the other kids, in case it made her embarrassed (even though it was presumably as visible to them as it was to me), and, I had the idea that if the mom heard me ask about it, I would get into trouble. So, I was trying to catch up with her in a moment when the rest of the group was a step behind us or had moved a bit ahead, and I kept getting frustrated by everyone's erratic wanderings. 

Finally, she was fixated on something on a shelf, which to me looked like a ceramic elephant, and the other kids had moved up the aisle to look at some kind of hair curler (weird, I know), so I walked up beside her and I asked her, in a low voice, why she was wearing a diaper, and all she did was shrug. Then, I asked how it felt, and she said "Okay, I guess", while still looking at the elephant. Then I asked why she didn't have any pants on, and she rolled her eyes at me, and I felt myself get embarrassed in the dream and had the thought that I'd offended her or that she was going to be mad at me, when I really wanted to talk to her further. Then, I woke up to my alarm, and immediately tried to remember as much of the dream as I could, because it was so odd, and so detailed, and felt so real. 

Weird, eh? I haven't had a dream where I myself was a kid, in a long time, let alone all the other elements. 

When a person embarks on this sometimes-absurd 24/7 path, and starts to keep track of the life changes they experience, the focus is often primarily on one's emission habits - I wet more now than I used to, or I can't hold it as long (or at all), or I'm wetting the bed, or I used to poop like clockwork and now it's less predictable, things like that. They may also note, as I did, that their inhibitions decline like their holding capability - I, and many of my fellow travelers on this strange journey, have chronicled how the icy fingers of terror encircled their hearts the first time they went to the supermarket with a diaper on under two pairs of jeans and a full-length jacket (in July...), whereas now, they wear a diaper without flinching under a Speedo at the beach (that may be a slight exaggeration, at least in my case). 

Other changes are less obvious, and it took me a while to make note of the one I'm about to talk about. I was recounting for someone my situational preferences in the toddler underpants department, talking about how a particular product was good for daytime wear, and another worked well overnight, and I mentioned as well that I have a place in my holdings for lower-end medical diapers, because they work well at the gym. That lead me down the memory lane of recalling my quest to find diapers I could wear to the gym; I tried samples of a number of brands, and longtime readers may recall that, early on in my journey, I had a "mystery box" of diaper samples sent to me by someone, which briefly (pun there) had me questioning if I'd been hacked or something, until I figured out that it was retribution for a prank that I had played on a buddy, and the fact that it arrived almost right after I decided to go 24/7 was pure coincidence. 

I also suspect that I was put in the hospital early on, by going for a run in a pull-up; it's never been definitively proven out, but, I had what I think started out as an ingrown hair that, by way of accelerated abrasion, transformed into an excruciating abscess in a very inconvenient spot, which had to be treated. 

All of which leads me to my current epiphany: after a couple of years of pandemic-inspired (and, in some cases, enforced) corpulence, I've become displeased with how my once-oversized jeans are now "correctly-sized", so, I decided to start taking advantage of the countrified setting of my current house, and start going for walks, something I've been doing for a couple of months now. I ramped the distance up gradually, from a couple of kilometers, to where I'm now walking 25 - 30 km per week.

The interesting thing is, I haven't made any allowances for this new activity in my diaper selection process. Yesterday, for example, I wore a Rearz Barnyard, because I was planning to be in my office for the entire day and didn't need to worry about if it would be too bulky of a diaper to wear out and about. When I decided to go for my walk, the sun was setting, I was going to be wearing a bulky winter jacket, and anyway, on average, I run across zero to one person on foot while I'm out. Other than that, people pass me at 80 km/h in their cars, and, I occasionally see foxes and rabbits. I hear coyotes but haven't seen any yet. I don't think they'd care much about what diaper I'm wearing, unless they decide to try eating me, in which case I hope it puts them off. Over the course of the previous couple of weeks, I've gone hiking around the countryside in MegaMax's, Rearz Lil' Monsters, ABU Alphagatorz, Bambino's, various InControl products, and the list goes on. I've always been fastidious with the application of diaper cream, prior to any expected physical activity in a diaper, but, other that, I've changed nothing. And here's the rub, or lack thereof: I haven't experienced any chaffing issues, no unexpected rashes, no irritation. I've had blisters on my feet a couple of times, but none in my nether-regions. Whereas, early on in my career, wearing a big plastic diaper out for a few mile walk would have had me cursing my poor life choices, a half-hour in. But apparently my skin down there, after almost 4 years of marinading, has turned into rhino-hide. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Whereas, early on in my career, wearing a big plastic diaper out for a few mile walk would have had me cursing my poor life choices, a half-hour in. But apparently my skin down there, after almost 4 years of marinading, has turned into rhino-hide.

Yes, that sounds about right for me too.  I still occasionally get a bit of chafing, but usually I can sort it out by a bit of judicious rearrangement down there.  I used to be careful not to walk Binky in a wet nappy, as it tended to lead to chafing, but these days no such problem, and we just go, so to speak.  And that'd generally in thick cloth nappies, for a walk of about 4 miles.

For longer walks I wear disposables - there's still a limit to what I can get away with in cloth.  Initially I could only get away with wearing a Tena pull-up, as anything thicker would chafe.  I carried a spare of course.  Then I experimented with wearing two pull-ups, so I could discard the inner one without needing to remove my shorts & boots when I needed to change.  I then tried adding a booster to my pull-up.  Both worked, but again I had to be careful early on, or I'd get rubbed red-raw.  Now it's far less likely to cause a problem, and in fact I can wear any disposable for a long walk and usually I'm fine.  Of course the nappy itself tends to clump and disintegrate after a while (Tena pull-ups being the honourable exception now I think about it), but since I always have plastic pants over the top, that doesn't really matter too much.

I don't even use BodyGlide much these days.  It used to be my daily chafe protection, and made a big difference.  More recently my supplier/manufacturer of polyurethane pants retired, and I'm reduced to wearing vinyl (PVC), which rots at the mere sight of any known lubricant, as far as I can tell.  So I stopped using BodyGlide, apart from on the longest walks, and lo! rhino hide protection kicked in.  It's a bit like a superpower...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stroller said:

More recently my supplier/manufacturer of polyurethane pants retired, and I'm reduced to wearing vinyl (PVC), which rots at the mere sight of any known lubricant, as far as I can tell.  So I stopped using BodyGlide, apart from on the longest walks, and lo! rhino hide protection kicked in.  It's a bit like a superpower...

Thanks, @Stroller - this is good information. Most of my plastic pants are PVC, other than one pair of PUL pants I have that I bought on a lark but that have proven to be pretty comfortable. I haven't had an issue with plastic pants and lubricants yet, but I have some Body Glide in inventory, as I used to be a runner (thanks, Covid...), and I could have seen myself reaching for it at some point if my hikes get longer or more energetic. I don't wear plastic pants that often, but, it might have happened on some fateful intersection of a need for extra protection and an unusually active day. Maybe when I go skiing, which involves wearing snow pants that look like ankle-length diapers themselves, and so basically allow me to wear whatever I want under them. 

Well, I had another of those "Universe tapping me on the shoulder" moments, with my wife, while she was watching something on TV, and I was reading in bed. I was wearing a NorthShore Supreme Lite which, interestingly, is only available in purple right now because of some kind of supply chain issue, according to my supplier. I'd been in it since roughly dinner and planned to take a shower and swap it shortly. The Supreme Lite is a day-weight diaper a bit below the capacity of, say, a Rearz Lil' Monster, but, befitting their NorthShore parentage, they always seem to hold up better than you'd think they would, given their lack of bulk. 

Anyway, I was happily dribbling away, reading my book, when the reality show my wife was watching focused on a lady who was breastfeeding infant twins while she had a toddler running around in a disposable. She was talking to the camera about the challenges of having that many young children, then she got into breastfeeding tips, then she put the twins down in bouncy chairs and ran off to chase down the toddler. She scooped him up and carried him over to a change mat she had on the floor, and she started talking about the number of diapers their family was going through, while she changed the kid. The camera stayed with a headshot, so the changing activity was taking place below view, except for the occasional foot. At one point she looks down at the kid, opens here eyes a bit wide, and then turns to the camera, smiles, and says "It's normal for boys to sometimes get erections during diaper changes..."

At which point, my wife turned, looked at me, and smirked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, I'm not sure if this is an early Valentine's Day present, or, if she was making up for some transgression that I failed to notice, but, regardless, I am now a baby powder and diaper cream millionaire. I guess there was a sale on at Walmart or something. My wife bought me three bottles of the light blue "aloe" Johnson's baby powder and three tubs of their store-brand zinc oxide diaper cream, which also smells like baby powder. I came home and they were lined up on the dining room table. Which caused me to do a double-take, looking back over my shoulder, once I walked into the kitchen, and realized that she had one of her friends over, and they were having tea and discussing the window coverings that we still haven't ordered. 

I had a diaper on, but under jeans, because I was planning to go for a walk around the neighbourhood, so I wasn't unduly concerned to encounter a visitor in the kitchen; I just don't like it when I walk in there in track pants over an Inspire+ or something bulky and plastic like that, and someone I wasn't expecting is sitting at the table as I crunch-crunch-crunch my way into the room. But, I realized as I stood and made small talk, that this lady had walked right past the cache of baby-themed diapering products on prominent display in the dining room. Did she notice them? What did she think they were for? Our youngest child is in her early teens. The thought caused me to become uncharacteristically self-conscious... were the front of my jeans looking a little... puffy? Was I the only one hearing the muted crinkling as I went between the fridge and the counter?

The whole episode reminded me of times when my mom would leave her purse open and hanging off of her chair or on the floor beside her, at someone's house, and there was a lone diaper slotted into it like a roadmap. We didn't have any babies with us. Why was she carrying a diaper? Of course, I had "diaper radar", and would have seen 3% of a corner of it from across the room and known right away what I was looking at, whereas my cousins would presumably not have noticed a fold of white plastic and immediately leaped to "Egad, that lady is carrying a toddler diaper! But whatever for!?!". But such is the nature of the anxiety I had about my predicament at the time. These days, such feelings are rare. Maybe that has more to do with hubris than with realism, but here we are. Anyway, it was interesting to touch that voltage again for a moment. 

Correct me if I'm wrong about this - is it the case that you can no longer get baby powder in the US, for the most part, or at least, not Johnson's? I know that they stopped selling the talc-based version, because of concerns, whether well-founded or not, about it containing asbestos in tiny quantities. Up here in the frozen North, where we are more sanguine  about our chances of contracting mesothelioma from personal care products, they seem to have followed suit on the mine-sourced version of baby butt seasoning, but the cornstarch one remains readily available. Do they sell the cornstarch one in the US? What about the UK & Australia? 

• Like 1

I thought I heard in the middle of last year that following all those American lawsuits Johnson's just thought "fuck it"  and have decided to stop selling it completely everywhere from this year, lest anyone else decide to sue or start eating it or whatever. 

So having heard this early, even though I was in the UK, I stocked up and have enough to basically last me til i die.

I assumed 10 bottles per year, so I now have about 300 scattered about my abode. I may have overdone it.......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

I thought I heard in the middle of last year that following all those American lawsuits Johnson's just thought "fuck it"  and have decided to stop selling it completely everywhere from this year, lest anyone else decide to sue or start eating it or whatever. 

I thought this was the case as well, however it's still on shelves at some stores. I'm not sure if they're just burning through stock or what. It's been a fair bit of time since this issue blew up. I think I have 5 or 6 bottles kicking around right now, but if I run short, I will look you up and see if we can cut a deal! 

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Correct me if I'm wrong about this - is it the case that you can no longer get baby powder in the US, for the most part, or at least, not Johnson's? I know that they stopped selling the talc-based version, because of concerns, whether well-founded or not, about it containing asbestos in tiny quantities. Up here in the frozen North, where we are more sanguine  about our chances of contracting mesothelioma from personal care products, they seem to have followed suit on the mine-sourced version of baby butt seasoning, but the cornstarch one remains readily available. Do they sell the cornstarch one in the US? What about the UK & Australia? 

@Little Sherri:  I am well aware that every one in the US has stopped selling Talc based baby powder a few years back.  The generic store brands stopped before J&J's brand was no longer available.  I stocked up at the end....  And J&J is no longer selling Talc powder in the US or Canada.  The initial shutdown of the Talc baby powder was Women's cancer risk, and not associated (necessarily) with asbestos.  However, later, J&J had an issue with Talc powder entering the US with asbestos detected....

@BabyJilly_S

Last I knew you could still get the Talc baby powder in Europe.  I'd love to hear someone able to confirm (or properly deny) that.

I haven't seen where corn starch based baby powders have stopped  production for the US market....  I'll have to look closer next time I'm in the store....Last time I looked (it's been a while), J&J and generic cornstarch based baby powder was widely available for sale in the US.

16 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

Yep, this Downunder also...  There's been no health scare nor any plethora of lawsuits but J&J pulled the pin as part of a global strategy.  I think it's still around but will gradually disappear during 2023.  It's another gift from US litigation, like not-quite-so-hot Apple pies and warnings on coffee cups.

As I don't use the stuff, I haven't paid close attention but a quick google suggests that a range of talc-based powders are readily available here.  Since Australia is one of the most oppressive Nanny-states you're ever likely to encounter, I'm guessing the stuff is actually safe...

• Like 1
21 hours ago, oznl said:

As I don't use the stuff, I haven't paid close attention but a quick google suggests that a range of talc-based powders are readily available here.  Since Australia is one of the most oppressive Nanny-states you're ever likely to encounter, I'm guessing the stuff is actually safe...

@oznl Ah, a reason to make a visit to your country some time -- to restock on Talc Baby Powder.  Figured it would have to be a trip to Europe..... And then I would get to see how badly Ausie security handles a checked bag of mostly talc baby powder bottles.....  If the bag is x-ray'ed I expect it would get attention for a secondary inspection.

I have a couple of things to report on today. First of all, I went out to a pub with some buddies yesterday, and had a few pints, nothing excessive, but more than usual for a Tuesday night, and I wore a NorthShore Air Supreme because of it's quiet and reliable nature. I didn't use it very much there, curiously - maybe the salty food? I'd also helped one buddy move a pile of building materials that weighed as much as a midsized car, so maybe I was a bit dehydrated. In any case, I got home, found my diaper had about 90% of its capacity left, and I decided to just go to bed in in... I haven't been wetting much these last few weeks anyway, overnight. 

Well... I had a pee dream where I was wearing some kind of really big, plastic diaper, and walking around, and I felt like I really had to pee, so, of course, I did what made sense in the dream, given the circumstances... and then I woke to find myself, thankfully, lying on my back (I'm a tummy-sleeper, typically), and, absolutely flooding that NorthShore. I couldn't stop it, it had to just happen, so I ran a hand around the perimeter down there... and detected no loss of containment, despite the deluge and the fact that I wasn't wearing an overnight-rated product. The event came to an end, as all things must, and I felt that I was pretty wet, a good way up the rear of the diaper, but, everything stayed inside it, and after a couple of minutes, I cautiously rolled over and went back to sleep.

Walking downstairs in that diaper to make a coffee in the morning had me thinking that I must feel very much as I did as a kid, going down for breakfast in a wet diaper, back when I was a prolific and unapologetic bedwetter, and wore diapers designed for toddlers. I don't have much recollection of how that actually felt, back then, but surly, not too different from what I experienced this morning. 

When I went up to take care of my morning constitutional, that diaper hit the floor with a thud, and I knew it was done, much as it still felt okay when I was in it. Design limits had been reached.

I swapped it out for a Rearz Lil' Monster in size XL, a sample that I finally got my hands on and was eager to try out. Background: Rearz changed their sizing on a few of their models over the past year or so, reducing the maximum waist size (as opposed to the waste size...) rating on their large products from maybe 45 inches, down to 42. I don't have a 42-inch waist, but, my legs are like tree trunks, so the lower tabs were already right at the edge of the landing zone on the affected products, and a loss of any real estate was likely going to propel me into the next size up, the XL. 

However, I have a good inventory of the original large size of these, so I haven't needed to go up a size, yet, but I wanted to know what to do when the time comes. Ergo, the sample. I was worried that the XL version might be unmanageably huge, because the Rearz Lil' series have been daytime go-to's for me when I feel like wearing a printed diaper that isn't too bulky but that is reliable for a 6 - 8 hour window. If I now have to wear a much larger version, they might no longer fulfil their intended mission. However, lying the side-by-side, the XL's are only a couple of inches wider and a couple of inches longer, so, when I put it on, I didn't feel like I was swimming in it. It rises a fair bit further up my back, but, they don't seem to be any bulkier, so that doesn't pose much of a problem in terms of being able to discretely wear one out in public. 

Here's a sad story - once upon a time, in a land before pandemics and gym closures, I could even wear these in medium, although the leg tabs didn't make the landing strip, so they were kind of a one-and-done diaper. I used to sometimes wear them as single-tab's, and fold the lower one up and under the rear wing. Now, I'm in the XL. Sigh. At least they're comfy and they look cute. I just wish they could have used a different term than XL. Maybe Extra Extra Medium? 

I’ve not used a toilet for 24 hours! Not sure I can go 24/7 at the moment but having done 24 hours I’ve learned a few things:

1) You go through a lot of diapers! I used a total of 5 including the one I have one. I’ve used two overnight pullups (day wear), one Attends Premier overnight brief, one Attends Extended wear brief, and a Tena Slip brief. Both Attends took on my morning and afternoon poops. The rest were just wet. Both the Tena and the Premier probably had more capacity but I was really starting to feel wet and itchy. 

2) You get used to it and slowly becomes less of a deal. I went out in public wearing my wet Tena and even did a diaper change at the Medical store when I picked up new Attends today. Also when I wear the pullups I’ve stopped wearing underwear on top. They are low enough that the waistband doesn’t show — thankfully 

3) Diapers are bulky to dispose of. You may think.. well of course. But to someone who is at home concealing them the occasional bagged diaper in the outside trash bin becomes more noticeable once you start throwing 6 diapers in a can per day. TMI — to help with smell and bulk I did try to dispose of contents in the toilet as much as I could prior to tossing them. Did you know baby diapers have that in the package as part of the ‘disposing’ instructions? 
4) The messes get to be a lot. I’ve been home and able to change myself when Im alone and wipe with as many wipes as I need and/or shower. This is just not feasible. My dilemma is that I do enjoy the mess part (at least initially) 

Well, I'm back from yet another travel adventure, with further proof that not wanting to wet the bed is probably at least somewhat conducive to wetting the bed. I spent the last few days on the West coast with some family, in a borrowed bed, so, although I didn't have enough runway to take full advantage of a heavy-duty plastic diaper, I wore one every night, nevertheless, because I didn't want to temp fate. 

At home, I often wake up close to dry, and if I'm working from home, I'll leave my overnight diaper on for a good part of the morning, but, as I was staying with family, for this trip, I had to abandon my usual "diaper budget" of two to three decent products per day, and instead use up a greater quantity of quieter, breathable products that I don't tend to trust past about the six-hour mark. This "travel protocol" generated a fair amount of damp baby pants that needed disposed of, and, conveniently, I was staying in a condo that didn't have a garbage chute. However, what it did have was a small dog with an insatiable desire for walks, so, I became his best friend. Three or four times a day, he got to go out and take care of his needs, while I took care of mine. 

Of the four nights I spent in that spare bedroom in that condo, I definitely launched one completely unconscious assault on my diaper, after a particularly sizable Scotch poured for me at 2 AM shut down all recollection of even making it to bed. But evidently, intoxicated me has been keeping up with the latest press releases, so, even in a semi-blacked-out fugue state, I dug out a MegaMax and strapped into it before passing out. Hopefully, I didn't go walking around dressed like that. I honestly have no idea. 

My lucky streak continues with respect to body scanners at airports, and I once again was directed through the metal detectors for both trips. Uncharacteristically, my laptop bag got diverted over to the "secondary inspection" line, even though my laptop was in a separate tray, and I briefly wondered if they were going to go digging through it, and find my backup diaper, but, all they wanted to do was swab the handles and the zipper for trace amounts of... not sure. Drugs? Explosives? Diaper cream? Something. Anyway, whatever they were looking for was not present, and the bag was handed back to me unopened. 

I went skiing, which resurrected for me some some of my old fears about having to deal with medical professionals while having had my clothing cut away to reveal a big plastic diaper, as I am not a particularly good skier. Wearing snow pants tends to grant you impunity over concerns about the bulk of whatever you might have on underneath, because snow pants make everyone look like they're wearing diapers. And, it's really inconvenient to have to take them off again, once they're on, so, I'd happily worn a Rearz Lil' Monster under there, glad to be in a decent plastic diaper for part of the day at least. It wasn't until I was facing down a mile-long snow-coated chute at roughly a 45 degree angle that I considered the possibility of compound fractures being in my future, along with sharp, bent, blunt-ended scissors, and being on a litter towed past crowds by a snowmobile. Fortuitously, by gingerly crisscrossing that chute in a tight zigzag pattern that saw me come to almost a complete stop at each turn, I was able to avoid both breaking the sound barrier, and, breaking any bones. 

In other news, I've been on a bit of a shopping spree again, and am awaiting admonishment from my long-suffering spouse, once everything I've bought shows up, and my inventory crosses into new territory previously held by Christmas decorations. I'm going to start clipping articles on inflation for use as defense exhibits. 

• Like 1

I went out to a local pub for weaponized wings last night with some buddies, to savour one of the only true "hot" wing sauces available in these parts. It's tragic what they refer to as "suicide" wings in most places around here; apparently tangy ketchup can kill? But the wings we had last night live up to their name, causing flushed cheeks and runny noses and euphoria, and, yes, an inevitable telegram from last night that reaches you in the morning. 

My telegram came early, and once again, there was an attempted insurrection! I had the absolute strangest dream... I don't remember most of it, but for some reason, I was evading the police... not on a serious matter, it seemed to relate to parking or something, but they were driving around a parking lot, and I wanted to make it to my car and leave without being questioned, otherwise I'd get a ticket because of where I'd left it. So, I was standing behind vans and planters and pretending that I wasn't looking for my car and trying to avoid getting their attention, and then I suddenly felt that I was really going to need to get to a washroom shortly for nature's reason #2, and in the dream, I had the thought that it was much more important that I extricate my car from the lot, than that I find a restroom, and anyway, I was wearing a diaper, so I could deal with that issue later. So, I started pushing, while I was peering around a truck or whatever, and had just spotted my car. In the dream, I even had the thought that sitting down in the driver's seat was going to feel a bit weird, but, again, that I could deal with that at my leisure once I had made good my escape. 

Then, the master caution alarm went off in the cockpit, and my higher functions came back over to the controls, and I realized that I was flatulating mightily and that peristaltic processes had commenced below decks. I immediately foiled the attempted coup, but the feedback from that area was maddingly difficult to interpret. My diaper was a bit wet, it felt a bit clumpy down there... but was there something else? And was there enough of it to warrant getting up out of bed to check, risking waking up the dog, who would then want to go outside, and, likely, also waking up my wife, who at that point had another couple of hours to sleep (as did I)? But, what would the consequences be if I went back to sleep and the bedroom smelled like a barnyard when our alarms went off? 

Somewhat reluctantly, I decided to put the matter off (pun there...), and I drifted back to sleep. When I got up in the morning, I was very curious as to what I'd discover in my voluminous nappy (a Rearz Inspire+), but, there wasn't so much as a skid-mark to be found. I think what I thought I was detecting earlier was actually a glob of diaper cream. I knew when I went to bed that I'd eaten incendiary wing sauce, so I decided to lay down a bed of fire retardant in anticipation of a morning conflagration. 

So, in the end, no harm was done, but, here we are again, aren't we, discussing an attempted unauthorized #2 incident. I have absolutely zero issues with control in that department when I'm awake - even when I have food poisoning, my grip on things is vice-like. But it would seem that my laissez faire approach to nocturnal emissions of the #1 variety is trying to bleed over to the #2 department, which is something I definitely do not want - this is not a case of ABDL "wishful thinking", believe me. Caveat emptor. 

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

In other news, I've been on a bit of a shopping spree again, and am awaiting admonishment from my long-suffering spouse, once everything I've bought shows up, and my inventory crosses into new territory previously held by Christmas decorations. I'm going to start clipping articles on inflation for use as defense exhibits. 

I have done that also, didn't really need to buy but did anyway, and now i have six large cardboard boxes in my hallway with no where to put the contents. When things come into stock it seems appropriate to purchase in these times ....

• Like 1