LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Here's my thoughts... for what they're worth. First in regards to the email previously posted, Bambino clearly stated "Regarding the padding, the core was reduced by 1" while the plastic was increased by 2". However the weight of the core and the core spec has not changed." So, yes they definitely rearranged the core, reducing the length by 1/2" at each end while lengthening the diaper 1" at each end theoretically. If the core is the same weight, yes the sap and other contents would have to be displaced somewhere. Obviously in the above email, they aren't very specific on where it was displaced to. I'm unfortunately not small enough to have ever ordered mediums, but I did try the larges via a sample pack. I usually get XL but I wanted to try the larges since the new style isn't available in XL (I'll talk about that in a bit). The lining on the newest variety reminds me of the lining in the aww so cute diapers. It's not that micro-pore lining or whatever they called it. It really doesn't feel a ton softer to me personally, but maybe a little bit. For me, it felt more dry as it got used. As far as the tape placement, I cannot comment. It has been literally 2 years since I tried the Large size. I was ok with the tape placement on the larges and with the length change, if they changed it. The sizing reminded me of the large size that was available for the Eurobrief when it was still available. I like the XL size because it comes up higher, so if I am in the mood for that, it's nice. The new size large is more form fitting and discrete for me, so if I desire that it's available. Hope that makes sense. The only thing I'm concerned with, I had the lower tapes pop off of one sample but not the other. They didn't break, just came undone. Now, being my first rodeo with this size, I'll have to figure out the placement. I ordered a case, so I'll be able to comment more when I get them. The plastic seemed ok. It wasn't rough like some have been in the past and seemed durable.

Hello Mr. name removed, yes we did receive the diapers today and we went through the entire case diaper by diaper. Good thing you sent them all back it seems that you must have been the unlucky one who received one of the very first cases that came off the brand new machine before they had a chance to fine tune it. These diapers should have never been boxed up. Actually not only were there a few diapers that were out of spec less than 3 lycra strands but we found problems with most all the diapers. Missing standing leg cuffs, missing entire lycra sections and tears in the wings!

We will send out the replacement case tomorrow but with this most recent new machine run there may be tape tabs that are slightly higher than our earlier version. Let us know if you would like to wait for the next production run 45-60 days or would like the current product.

Thank you.

Bambino Customer Service

-------------------------------

These last few replies are very interesting. I just got my case and was anxious to feel the new INNER liner. I loved how it felt by hand but I instantly had the impression something felt cheaper too. Last night I finally wore one to bed. I was really pleased with the extra length as I always preferred a higher rise diaper. Then I taped it on and I was like, are these mediums or large. I taped it up and it did not feel as snug as I like but oddly comfortable. As I walked I clearly noticed that there was far less crinkle verifying to me that it was the plastic that made me think the diaper got cheaper. The padding not coming up as far in the front is a real downer for me. I may not use that liner that high but that was a feeling I really enjoyed when laying in bed or even when wearing in public. They almost give me that 1995 depends feel.

Personally I think they need to change the tapes back, leave the overall length and add back some length to the padding. They can keep the cotton center as they really remind me of those vintage attends now. Still they are far from being the worst pick out there and the fact they try to continually make changes for us is a big plus. It's a shame our government doesn't listen to its people this way.

• Like 2

Well, I have tried multiples of both the Classico and Bellisimos. I love the new length and I love the new tapes, they don't cut into my thighs anymore. The thing that is really upsetting and WILL be a game changer, even though they say the core is the same.....they definitely do NOT hold the same amount and they are NOT as absorbable. Why did they have to go and change this? I've been wearing these for years but unless they fix the absorbency, I'm DONE with them!!

• Like 1

It would be nice to have only 3 wetting before I change. I have multiple small wetting through the day. I don't go walking around with a 4-5 pound diaper on as you state. Before this change, a Classico would normally last me from morning through mid afternoon. Yesterday, I changed into a dry "new" Classico just after lunch and it barely lasted me until 5. When I pay for a "supreme" diaper, I want to get its use out of it.

Below, I am going to make a comparison with another diaper to try to explain the difference I am noticing in the new Bambino Classico. I do not want to switch to the diaper I am comparing it to as I don't like them and they don't work for me.

Recently, Unique Wellness came out with a Wellness Brief Superio Signature Series diaper. Always in an attempt to try new things to improve my situation, because capacity and dryness are more important than the cuteness factor, I tried them and didn't like them, at this point Bambino still made one of the best diapers available. Before Bambino made this latest change, the Classico outperformed the new Superio brief by leaps and bounds.

Now, after the newest changes, the Superio brief and the Classico are about the same in capacity. Concerning the dryness factor, the Superio outperforms the Classico in how the diaper feels after use. When I took the Classico off yesterday, my skin was VERY damp, which has NEVER happened with previous Classicos. Bambino has made a change which they are not revealing. They say that the core is the same weight as the previous designs, so maybe the composition of the materials has changed.

Hopefully this comparison will better demonstrate the change that has occurred with the absorbency and the capacity .

I've actually come around on the new design. I've used three Bellisimos at different times the weekend and I'm pretty happy with the way the tapes allow me to pull the diaper into a fit in the size large. I still question whether the previous mat was wider or thicker, but the length on the current diaper is fine for me, particularly because I'm at the smaller end of the size large. If you are a person who is bigger than me, you may end up using those parts, and I could understand missing them. But so far, fit and feel are working great for me. I'm surprised, because after wearing the first one last weekend, I thought I'd really pick up on some of the criticisms in this thread. The most relevant one to me so far has been speculating the size of the filling, but not the length.

^ Which case did you get - mine seemed normal.

Classico(large), the plastic backing seems the same, but it's like they spread the absorbant stuff a little more and also there's less of it, the tapes tear(rip) away from the backing with less effort than you'd expect, leaking is a lot easier, without the extra fluff in the front, pee comes up over my hips and leaks out, it still sort of neutralizes the urine smell so that's good but it's a definite step down, I mean no matter what position you're in you're going to leak if you flood them, the last case I bought didn't have that dysfunction. Sorry I'm only a recreational user btw, so idk how or if 24/7 people can tell the difference.

I have tried regularly using other diapers besides Bambino and nothing really feels or competes. Abena has an awkward plastic and the tapes are problematic. Molicare has weird plastic too and not a big fan of the feel of them. Bambino seems to have that nice mix.

• Like 1