LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Guest YkDave

I surely hope that they come out with a thicker diaper!!!

On that same topic, ive now received part of my new bambino diaper order (after a long wait for a new distributor in canada!) and was surprised to say the least...

All this hype about the 'new' bambinos being thicker and softer than the old ones, really wasnt so true, to me anyways. I still have some 'old' bambinos kicking around from a year or 2 ago and they are thicker than the new ones and the tapes are a bit larger.

They still arent too bad, still a very superior diaper IMO, but just not what i had expected after all the hype. The new inner liner does feel softer but the 'stuffing' seems to be much more compact than the older ones. Also, the tapes havent been an issue (yet...) but the tapes dont 'feel' nearly as strong as the older ones (when peeling them off, the older ones seem to stick ALOT more)

Anyways, figured i would put in my 2 cents on this...

I surely hope that they come out with a thicker diaper!!!

On that same topic, ive now received part of my new bambino diaper order (after a long wait for a new distributor in canada!) and was surprised to say the least...

All this hype about the 'new' bambinos being thicker and softer than the old ones, really wasnt so true, to me anyways. I still have some 'old' bambinos kicking around from a year or 2 ago and they are thicker than the new ones and the tapes are a bit larger.

They still arent too bad, still a very superior diaper IMO, but just not what i had expected after all the hype. The new inner liner does feel softer but the 'stuffing' seems to be much more compact than the older ones. Also, the tapes havent been an issue (yet...) but the tapes dont 'feel' nearly as strong as the older ones (when peeling them off, the older ones seem to stick ALOT more)

Anyways, figured i would put in my 2 cents on this...

I have noticed that if you open the original bambino bag, that the diapers will sort of expand on their own. The compress them to fit them into the bags, so if it's been sitting around out of the bag, it would look thicker than the new ones. They definitely changed the top layer though, they have small round holes in them now, and I think they are a bit softer.

How thick do people exactly want a diaper though - I mean Bambino Diapers are thicker than any other diaper besides the Abena...but Bambino diapers are more absorbent and have more features. I mean you make such a diaper much thicker than its going to become harder to use for people who actually wear them to work and other public places (i.e. ME and I am sure many others) because it is going to look like you are walking funny or make people buy a whole different size of clothes because of the added thickness. I can't really ask for anything more than what Bambino has already created - a babyish printed adult diaper with a waistband and leg cuff that is plastic and is the most absorbent diaper on the market...

"Your home page mentions there may be new products coming up in the coming

months, any more news on new products???"

Bambino: " All our new products will be introduced on the first page of the website around 45 to 60 Days. Stay Tuned!!

<crosses fingers and prays to the diaper gods>

Please let it be a diaper with a cute rather than overt AB design - I love the diapers but really don't like the pattern on the Classico. Obviously Biancos are the answer to this but a nice, gentle, pale, pastel and cute design (animals or something) would be amazing :)

Guest YkDave

Not saying they should replace the existing line of diapers, but another line of thicker diapers would be great. Not everyone wants/needs a diaper that is discreet and 200% functional!

Some of us like a nice BIG soft diaper!

I agree a new design is LONG past due...

Yeh if they come out with a new diaper or new print - I am sure they will keep the old print - after all its the "Classico" - the original Adult Baby Diaper! Its like history :-D Ah yes, in my day.........all they had was the "Classico"

Adrian, I have to disagree with you though, I don't think the Bambinos are thicker than Abena X-plus when they're dry. I think they do hold a little more, but I think they start out thinner. They are however much better than the Abenas and anything else I have tried for that matter. I think the Bambinos may just be more compressed to fit them into smaller bags, and I wouldn't be opposed to them making a thicker variety. Well, whatever product, or products they come out with I'm sure they'll be a hit. I know I will try whatever it is as soon as it becomes available. It seems to me that the two things I see people requesting on here the most are extra thick diapers and diapers with a different pattern. I think they should do BOTH. Whatever happens, they need to make sure that they do whatever it takes to stay profitable, because I would be pretty upset if they went out of business!

Adrian, I have to disagree with you though, I don't think the Bambinos are thicker than Abena X-plus when they're dry. I think they do hold a little more, but I think they start out thinner. They are however much better than the Abenas and anything else I have tried for that matter. I think the Bambinos may just be more compressed to fit them into smaller bags, and I wouldn't be opposed to them making a thicker variety. Well, whatever product, or products they come out with I'm sure they'll be a hit. I know I will try whatever it is as soon as it becomes available. It seems to me that the two things I see people requesting on here the most are extra thick diapers and diapers with a different pattern. I think they should do BOTH. Whatever happens, they need to make sure that they do whatever it takes to stay profitable, because I would be pretty upset if they went out of business!

This may be an issue of size. I wear small in both Bambino and Abena X-plus (and I think that Adrian does as well) and there's no question that the Bambino is way, way thicker in the small size.

I think the Bambinos may just be more compressed to fit them into smaller bags, and I wouldn't be opposed to them making a thicker variety.

That's exactly it. They said so themselves not so long ago that some configuration cock up led to slightly differing compression 'rates' for different batches. How much it's compressed in the pack doesn't matter. Take them out of the bag and let them sit a week or so and they'll slowly puff back out to their true thickness, which I reckon is more than an Abri-Form X-Plus myself...

EtA: Linky

Whew! Stock is replenished! I'll be glad to be wearing Biancos at night in a couple days again. These Abenas that I got for the interim are okay, but they're not 1/10 the diaper that the Biancos are.

I recently only tried the Smalls and I will say they make my butt look good in them - LOL. Mediums fit me great too but the smalls fit me a little bit better and gotta say - liking the fit in the butt area. They seem to go quick though - I didn't realize so many people wore smalls.

I second the request for a thicker more "super diaper". As many others on here, I only wear them at night, and not every night, so I've often thought it would be really fun to have an "over the top" thick, absorbant, bambino. Even if they costed more, I'd buy them, just to accentuate the whole experience. I always use an insert, and even with one, I still think there's got to be a way to contain / absorb the biggest of adult sized floods, even if the diaper had to be a little impractical for out the house use. :) They should STILL keep the Bianco, for people who want a GREAT diaper that will work in or out of the house, but the Classico is obviously for AB's, why not make it the thickest, thirstiest diaper every to exist?

I dream about being able to drink water all day, diaper up, and just LET LOOSE, and unload on the poor diaper and not have to worry about a single drop getting out til morning. :P

...I will say they make my butt look good in them - LOL.

Why you gotta tease us like that? :D:P

Seriously though, wearing the smallest size that still fits properly makes financial sense. Either the cases are cheaper at the smaller sizes, or there are more in the case, depending on the manufacturer. I'm a big, stocky guy, so Large is usually what fits best, but I have to pay more for that size. If I'd get my diapered butt back to the gym, maybe Mediums wouldn't be a squeeze.

Sorry, didn't mean to tease you - I just really like the fit of the smalls. No other diaper company really carries smalls and so it is nice to have a fitting diaper for when I want to accentuate my butt lol. I don't know...its nice being able to wear both smalls and mediums though for different occasions.

I'm double-diapering Bambinos this weekend, to explore the potential for an ultra-thick Bambino.

My concern (and I think Bottom Half's concern) with a double-thick Bambino is irritation. I've worn layered diapers for around 24 hours. The acidic nature of it really removes the fun from the situation.

Still... Bambino has an unparalleled ability to remove liquid from the skin, so lets see how far I go. I can push a standard Bambino to the 10 hour marker... and I've never tested two layered. I'll be going with a slit down the middle, but I'll make more cuts if that isn't transferring liquid properly.

Time starts... um... now!

Edit (11:25 AM): I guess I'll post periodic replies in this thread, so people can get reply notifications. I wound up making three cuts, the width of Bambino is much greater than Attends or other commonly-double-diapered brands.

Talk about a waddle! My legs physically cannot close completely (though if you force it you can get pretty close). And, it does impose a waddle when walking.

That said, I think people would want a little more space than 200% of a Bambino. When sitting, this doesn't have a ton of "wow" factor. It's big, but I think people would want significantly larger. I'm not talking more absorbancy either... maybe a less compact polymer or gel that fills a larger area. Actually, I did pull out a third one to see what the size would be like. I didn't put it on, just slipped it over to see the size. Sure enough, it had the "wow" factor bulk-wise.

I guess what I'm getting at (initially) is that an ideal Super Bambino would have 3x the bulk and 2x the absorbency...

Right now it's about 3 inches thick. I assume that will change a bit as the day goes on.

I just woke up from a nap, and the first diaper is moist down the midline... but not enough wet to really transfer to the second Bambino.

I forgot to note in the last post just how comfy this diaper is. It's super thickness feels great, especially during the nap. It almost felt like someone was cuddling me :wub:

Edit: Silly me, babies can't measure. It's actually 4 inches thick right now.

Nine hours in, about five inches thick. It's actually hard to measure... have to use my hand and line that up with measuring tape, since the gel swells inside of the leg cuffs. Can't stick a ruler in there well.

I should also note that it's important to take showers/baths regularly when doing an extended wear with one (or multiple/layered) diapers. At least two per day. This actually gives the skin time to breathe, and dramatically cuts the risk of diaper rash. When you're done, just dry off and slip the same diaper(s) back on.

Still rocking great, it's about when I would be thinking of a change. The gel from the first diaper is finally unloading into the second nicely.

Edit: Oh, and forget about the thickness issue. This diaper looks like it's half way to my knees. It's awesome!

Sorry for not posting back sooner. A little over 12 hours later, the diaper did give out. Chafing set in on the sides (baby power didn't help), and the gel was leaking out the sides. The leg guards almost made it worse...

Anyways, the lesson learned is that while there is a market for a thicker Bambino, it's probably not big enough to justify the product. Granted, a properly-designed Super Bambino probably could have been comfortable much longer (the second Bambino was still dry in the rear, for example), it's not something you're going to do frequently.

It would be too expensive for a daily thing, and really, a single Bambino does the job nicely. If you want to "make a day out of it", layering the two does work... and feels great, just don't expect it to last significantly longer than one Bambino.

P.S. Since someone did ask, it got to about six inches thick.

You're quite right... I just haven't ever done well with pads. The different material leaves me feeling... picky. Plus I'm always changing my mind on where to put it (put it in front, and it can detach and wind up sticking to you... put it on the bottom, and it only fills up after the gel is sagging at the bottom). Quadro is a good middle ground, especially if you already have a Bambino on.

I haven't used quadros enough to see if they've fallen off though, only used the free sample one.