LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranquility ATN Tapes

LilZebra

I have been purchasing and using Tranquility ATN disposable diapers since 2008. They are the best disposable diaper that I've ever bought. It was like this for several years.

In the past year or so (2017-18) I've noticed that some tapes I can't detach when I go to put it on. The other tapes sometimes come off.

I know that disposables can sometimes have these issues ...

So my question is ...   I am wondering whether the company that makes 'em are getting cheap with the chemical they use for the adhesive.

I used tranquility when they first came out and they were about the first company to use SAP in their diaper.  They called it Peach Mat back then because it was the color of a peach.  It was amazing how well it absorbed but the squishy feeling of the gel was amazing since other diapers didn't have it back then.  Later most other diapers added the SAP as well.

When ATN came out, I got a bag to try.  Every tape on the top left detatched from the back of the diaper and some on the right as well.  After using 6 diapers I finally started to pin them on with diaper pins.  Those were the first and last ATN's I bought.  I'm sure it was a manufacturing defect when they first came out as I haven't read until now that others have had that problem.  It just goes to show that this isn't the first time there has been a problem and any diaper can have defects now and then.  I'd write to them and complain, especially if you have used them before with no trouble.  It may have been a bad batch, or they may have decided to try a different approach to their tapes to save money and it didn't work.  Maybe they will send you a new package or at least coupons for a discount.  (By the way, I hate it when i have a problem with something I buy and it's just terrible and I complain.  The company often says, "I'll send you coupons for a discount on the next one you buy."  WTF?  I often say, "That is your solution to this problem?  I hate the product because it's not at all like it's supposed to be and obviously doesn't work which is why I'm complaining in the first place!  Why the hell would I ever want to buy another one?"

I generally like Tranquility, even the slim lines.  For a lesser priced diaper, you get good bang For your buck.

I have, however, had problems with their tapes.  For some reason, always the bottom left.

I wear ATNs 24/7.  I use a Huggies Little Movers size 6 as a booster.  I cut slits into the baby diaper so it drains into my big diaper.  I have had some trouble with the tapes so I use baby diaper pins to hold the tapes in place.  I also wear plastic pants over the disposable and rarely have leaks that reach my pants.  I think Tranquility is a good diaper for the price and with these modifications they are very cost effective and provide what I need for my use.

I use the ATN's from time to time as well.  I've also had issues with the tapes.  If I'm finding that the tapes just aren't holding I will use packing tape to back them up.

It seems to me that most manufacturers go through tape issues from time to time.  Unfortunate indeed but that's the way it goes sometimes....