LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question - Options for Thick Padding in Making a Character Feel More Babyish

So, I have ideas percolating in my head regarding a possible future story, and there's one thing I want people's opinion on.

Say we have a character who is being put into extra-thick padding to more thoroughly 'babify' her. She could be put into a single, super-thick diaper, or she could be double-diapered with the resulting puffy thickness being equal to the super-thick single diaper. Again, the resulting puffy, waddle-inducing thickness is the same regardless of which option. But which one would feel more babyish for the character being babied?

I'm asking for more experienced writers' opinions on which option - single extra-thick, or double-diaper - you think would have more of a psychological impact, would make the 'baby' feel more helpless, more babyish, and/but also more cared-for and secure/protected (the story-idea focuses less on sexuality or humiliation and more on WAFFy cuteness, the caregiver showering the 'baby' with love and affection and baby-talk & such). (I can't really go by personal experience because the only diapers I've worn - the now-discontinued plastic-back Depends, and now 'Tranquility Slim Line' - are comparatively 'skinny', not even enough to force any kind of effect on my walk (that I can notice) when dry; I've never been padded thickly enough to make me waddle or force me to crawl, so I can't draw on that for my character(s))

If this isn't the right thread for this, please don't just delete it, infract me, and be done with it; point me in the right direction, to the thread where I should ask.

This is definitely the right area for this thread. You don't have to worry about that.

I'd say it depends on what you mean by "babyish." If you mean it in a humiliating sense, I'd say a double diaper because it would both be awkwardly thick and not very effective, inforcing the idea of humiliation over practicality. If you mean it in the Loving, innocent, precious gift from the heavens sense, perhaps you could have the CG put the baby girl in her favorite ultra-thick princess diapers or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, DKN117 said:

So, I have ideas percolating in my head regarding a possible future story, and there's one thing I want people's opinion on.

Say we have a character who is being put into extra-thick padding to more thoroughly 'babify' her. She could be put into a single, super-thick diaper, or she could be double-diapered with the resulting puffy thickness being equal to the super-thick single diaper. Again, the resulting puffy, waddle-inducing thickness is the same regardless of which option. But which one would feel more babyish for the character being babied?

I'm asking for more experienced writers' opinions on which option - single extra-thick, or double-diaper - you think would have more of a psychological impact, would make the 'baby' feel more helpless, more babyish, and/but also more cared-for and secure/protected (the story-idea focuses less on sexuality or humiliation and more on WAFFy cuteness, the caregiver showering the 'baby' with love and affection and baby-talk & such). (I can't really go by personal experience because the only diapers I've worn - the now-discontinued plastic-back Depends, and now 'Tranquility Slim Line' - are comparatively 'skinny', not even enough to force any kind of effect on my walk (that I can notice) when dry; I've never been padded thickly enough to make me waddle or force me to crawl, so I can't draw on that for my character(s))

If this isn't the right thread for this, please don't just delete it, infract me, and be done with it; point me in the right direction, to the thread where I should ask.

All due respect, you're asking the wrong questions.  You shouldn't be asking "what diaper type is more babyish?".  That's irrelevant.  Cloth. Disposable. Medical. Multiple Diapers. Adult Baby Diapers. Giant variations of baby diapers, regular sized versions of baby diapers:  All of them can work if you make them work.  The question you need to be asking is "how can I make them work?"  You're a writer.  Your job is to use words to evoke experiences, sensations, and feelings in the people who read your stuff, so that they can feel they are either witnessing the words you write as a show in their minds' eye; perhaps even living vicariously through the characters and world you create.

The question should be: "What words can I use to invoke the feelings I want my readers to feel?"  "How do I present these words in a way so that their disbelief is suspended and for as long as they're reading, part of them forgets that this isn't really happening right now?"  Writers are con-artists.  A good one can sell anything, even if it's something that the buyer doesn't need or doesn't think they want.

You want double diapers?  Fine.  How would this make your character feel?  Would they feel babyish because a message is being sent to them that they're going to be trapped in diapers for a particularly long amount of time or that they think they are intended to wet ALOT and use the diaper? Or would they question in and wonder if it was practical...double diapering very rarely happens outside of fetish stuff these days, since "Why don't you f'ing change the kid more often" is a viable option in a world where disposable diapers are commonplace and available at even gas stations."

Would the scale of a much puffier diaper...making them smaller in terms of scale make your character (and thus the audience) feel more babyish?  Or would the sheer size of it seem absurd and thus destroy your chances at immersion?  

The answer is both.  It's all in how you sell it.  How you build it up to that point and how your characters think and react to the presented stimuli and obstacles.  How are you going to do that?  That's the answer you need to be looking for.