LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Embarrassing Moments When Buying Diapers?

I was standing in the adult diapers section making my selection and out of the blue one of my very close friends from school walks up. i had to pretend i was looking at the gel shoe inserts which is in the same aisle in rite aid. that was a very close call!

there was another embarrassing moment where the pharmacist said i had to pay for them up at one of the front counters unless i had a prescription for them, so i had to wait in a long line holding a pack of depends overnight before they changed the name to maximum protection, in a store in my home town where i am well known.

i still think the pharmacist had no right to do that because i had always bought them at that counter. i think he just wanted to watch something amusing.

I had gone to buy some diapers for winter break, my parents were going to be gone for a day, and I needed a new supply. So I headed to Longs where I'd planned I'd buy wipes, a pacifier, and a bottle, then I headed to K-Mart to buy the diapers themselves. Well I had forgotten it was the Friday before Christmas, so needless to say, K-Mart was packed. I headed back to Longs and grabbed some Depends, cheap denture-cleaning tablets, and headed for the shortest line. I wasn't really paying attention so when it was my turn I looked at the cashier. It was a kid from my high school, I thought I was going to cry. I tried to ignore it and figured since I dressed differently that he wouldn't recognize me. So he started scanning my items, and when he got to the Depends, he said "Do you want these in a bag?" in a very loud voice. At that point I paid up and got the hell out of there, I haven't been back since, nor did I see him at school again... It happened about two years ago.

--Brandon

Well, if you want to call it embarrassing (it's about the closest I have come in YEARS before or since).

About a year ago I when to buy diapers at a local drug store (nothing out of the ordinary for me) but the only ones tending the counter were 2 young girls - odiously high-school aged. The one started giggling slightly as she was scanning them, the other was starring at the package with a puzzled look on her face.

After paying for the diapers, and walking away, I heard the one that processed the purchase say to the other one "You serious don't know what they are?" Response, "Actually no I don't.", response from my cashier (while still giggling a bit) "They are diapers made for adults!, and he didn't look that old or sick." - Then they both started giggling fairly loudly.

I just ignored it all. Almost went back to point out that you don't have to be that old, or appear to be all that sick to have a legit use for adult diapers, but as I was thinking about it, the manager walked over to them, I heard him tell them "That was not a very professional reaction, that guy is a regular customer" - that is all I could make out of what the manager said to them, but I have a feeling they were both fired since that was the first and only time I saw them working there. So if they were not fired, they must have at least been moved somewhere that they are not directly dealing with customers.

Well, if you want to call it embarrassing (it's about the closest I have come in YEARS before or since).

About a year ago I when to buy diapers at a local drug store (nothing out of the ordinary for me) but the only ones tending the counter were 2 young girls - odiously high-school aged. The one started giggling slightly as she was scanning them, the other was starring at the package with a puzzled look on her face.

After paying for the diapers, and walking away, I heard the one that processed the purchase say to the other one "You serious don't know what they are?" Response, "Actually no I don't.", response from my cashier (while still giggling a bit) "They are diapers made for adults!, and he didn't look that old or sick." - Then they both started giggling fairly loudly.

I just ignored it all. Almost went back to point out that you don't have to be that old, or appear to be all that sick to have a legit use for adult diapers, but as I was thinking about it, the manager walked over to them, I heard him tell them "That was not a very professional reaction, that guy is a regular customer" - that is all I could make out of what the manager said to them, but I have a feeling they were both fired since that was the first and only time I saw them working there. So if they were not fired, they must have at least been moved somewhere that they are not directly dealing with customers.

I applaud that manager!

i hav actualy hag that happen and i know for a fact that the person was fired(on the spot i might add)because the maager wouldn't allow the casher finish the trans action and old him to leve then the manager apoliged for the rude employe(i supose manly because thare was a rather long lineand every one was looking at me :blush:

Yes, stores have to be very careful that someone dosen't start any type of lawsuit against them for what their employees say or do to their customers. Clerks are supposed to keep their mouths shut and do their job reguardless of what they may be thinking. I also applaud those mamagers for not just making sure their store dosn't get into any trouble but also for genuinly seeming to care and having feelings for their customers.

That said, I also want to comment that if you are buying things like diapers and denture cream or even just diapers, you need to be totally calm and not seem to get flustered or embaressed when buying diapers or it is a dead give away. Sometimes when I used to buy them I would ask for the recipt saying "my grandma needs the recipt please". Sometimes if I bought other things and diapers I would ask that the diapers be rung up separatly with a separate recipt. That makes anyone think you are running errands for someone else. I was at a store once and bought a bage of disposable diapers. I think I was the only one at the checkout line but when the clerk didn't have a bag big enough for the diapers to fit in and apologised to me I told her, "Thats OK. Everyone knows I have to wear diapers anyway". If you think about it, that's why stores sell adult diapers! I'm sure the clerks see people buying adult diapers all the time. Someone has to be using them!

I was in Wallgreens one Saturday afternoon and I bought a package of their disposable diapers and a package of their pull up disposable underwear. When I checked out the clerk, a lady probably in her late 50's looked at them and then told me excitedly, "These are going on sale tomorrow! You can save $3 off each package! It's a great deal!" I know she was only trying to help by telling me about the sale flyer that was coming out in the Sunday paper and she was acting just like it was any product, milk, Kleenex, candy, anything! You could see the excitement in her eyes to be able to pass some saving on to another customer and I'm sure she didn't even think that I might be embaressed about it because they were diapers! I thanked her and told her I would be back for sure and she gave me the sale price a day early! That was nice of her!

Bottom line is, unless it's someone I know (I usually buy my diapers out of town or at least check the store out first to make sure no one I know is in there), I never get embaressed if someone sees me buying diapers. First, they don't have any idea who they are for and secondly, I couldn't care less if strangers I'll probably never see again in my life know that I am wearing diapers.

I guess my most embarrassing time was purchasing diapers in a Walmart. The line was long(as usual) and it felt like I stood there forever. Of course, I peed while I was in line. I didn't realize it while i was waiting in line, bur when I walked out into the cold winter air, I instantly felt a cold spot on the back of one leg. My diaper had keaked. So I had stood there and bought diapers with my pants obviously slightly wet.

Wow! Those are close calls! So far, nothing like that has happened to me (knock on wood!) although I guess there is always a first time. There's another topic in one of these DD discussion forums called "You know you've been in diapers too long when ..." and for me that comes when you're completely blase' about going into a store to buy your weekly supply. I go to the big boxes since they sell many packages in a given week and most of the cashiers aren't going to make a big deal about someone buying a package of diapers. An hour later, after ringing up hundreds of other items, they will completely forget they even saw you! Now if you were heading out of the diaper aisle with your supply and run into someone you know - that's too grim to think about. Just keep your eyes open!

I've mentioned this before in a simular topic. The one time that stands out the most is the time at Albertsons. My wife and myself had a couple carts, and the place was very busy. By habit, went down my favorite asile, only to find they were disscontinuing the Over Night Depends, something like $4 a bag. There was like 9 bags so I put 7 in my cart. When I met up with my wife I explained my good fortune. She didn"t care. We were waiting to check out, the lines were full and moving slow, and us with this cart crammed full of adult diapers, finally she starts putting our groceries on the conveyor, when.... She starts eyeing one of the bags and loudly says, " These aren't the ones you normally wear, are you sure you want these?" I cann't remember if i said yes or being so shocked just shook my head. The checker and people in other lines are now really checking us out. There are so many bags that the bagger just dedicates one of the carts to them after asking if we wanted them bagged. At this time she says in her "listen to this voice", "Well at least they should last you for awhile."

As we were walking to the car, my wife starts laughing. I had to laugh too, to date it is still her best "got ya".

i bumped into an aquantance while replentishing my supply, i did a quick once over of the store but i guess she walked in after i checked if i knew anyone, luckily i'm 6'4 and could see her in the aisle next to me, that gave me time to get out of that aisle and into hers to make my greeting, i'm guessing i caught her buying something embarassing because she was in the medicine aisle and wasn't acting like herself. goes to show you that theres embarassing stuff other then diapers.

My most embarrassing moment wasn't getting caught in the store, but having to ask some friends to take by the store to get diapers. We had been goofing around at a friend's land out in the country, and since it was summer, playing with water ballons. Well, unfortunately somehow my diapers got soaked, and we had to make a special trip into town to get me diapers. That was embarrassing, not my fault, but still very embarrasing.

This one time, I got to the check out with my case of diapers, my credit card out and everything...

Then I realized I was wearing just a diaper and t-shirt!!

I quickly clicked "Pay", and got off that web site as fast as I could. I don't think anybody saw me.

This one time, I got to the check out with my case of diapers, my credit card out and everything...

I quickly clicked "Pay", and got off that web site as fast as I could. I don't think anybody saw me.

How did you manage to get to, and walk through the store without realizing that is all you had on?

How did you manage to get to, and walk through the store without realizing that is all you had on?

^_^ hehe. I usually just feel embarrassed if I ever go to the store to buy diapers. The last time I bought them, I went to the food store because well... they were on sale. I used the self-checkout lane, but you know, all your grocery items just sit there at the end of the belt until you pay - which could be like a good minute. I don't think anyone even looked my way. I was really relieved.

I have done that also, you have to remember to stay calm, and act normal, or you will attract attention to yourself.

I bought a bag of depends overnights in a osco drug one time and the cashier was some dumb teenage valley girl. When i paid she asked me if was "one of those diaper wearing freaks". I said no. and left. When i got home i called the manager and told him about it and he said he was sorry and the girl was about to be fired. I also got a coupon in the mail about a week later for 15$ off any osco product. Goes to show that they really do care about their customers.

When my local Wal-Mart started staying open 24 hours I had a reliable place to buy diapers. I worked a late shift a nearby store and was in charge of several employess, all young males. THey left about 20 minutes before me so after I locked up I headed over to the Wal-Mart. I spent about 10 minutes checking out the poor selection then got some Depends Overnights Oh I should mention this was back when Diapers were bigger the package was about twice the size as it is now. As I headed up front with them I got lucky and heard the voice of one on my employees. I tossed the bag down a nearby isle right on the floor and kept casually walking. A second later the entire crew turned the corner and nearly ran into me. Luckly they were talking to loudly to hear the noise the depends made or notice they were a few feet from me.

On another occasion I went into a Wal-Mart one town over and saw that they had a huge display of Attends, this is the last time I have ever seen them at any wal-mart and right before they were bought. I bought one and the checker was a yound snobby looking girl. She looked at the diapers then looked at me then looked at them again. She got this nastly look on her face and stared at me for a few seconds. It was really weird.

Oh one other time I bought some Girls Goodnights from A large local grocery store through an automatic checker. No one noticed and I got out clean with them, but a few days later my wife and I were buying groceries from the same store and after we were finished the coupon printer which usually just prints a few small coupons printed this giant GOODNITES coupon that said, Goodnites betterwetter pants. The checker tore it off and handed it to my wife and said, you may want that. I guess I had used my loyalty card thing when I bought them so it knew who I was. Other then that every diaper buying mission has gone good.

Once I had a cashier gave me an uncomfortable stare, and I looked her square in the eye and in my most medically detached voice said, "Oh... no these are not for me. Actually, I am a body piercer, and when I pierce a man's penis the bleeding is profuse for a couple of days, and I have to give them a few of these."

I have never seen someone's attitude change that much, that fast. As I was leaving the store, I think I heard the noise of her losing her dinner... :whistling:

One of the first times I ordered adult cloth diapers through Sears, when picking them up at the catalog desk the young female clerk saw the item on the invoice and insisted on opening them to make sure they were right (I'm sure she was just curious) but at the time I was mortified. Another time buying disposables early on I had the clerk shout accross the front of the store "Is there sales tax on these?" holding them up.

Now, I tend to be just amused. I was buying baby wipes with the diapers once and the clerk asked me how old my baby was. I pointed to the adult diapers and admitted they were for me (she was really embarassed).

• Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When i went to buy diapers, i think a month ago, i brought my bag and some money, it was all planned out very well for a quick buy and getaway. What i didn't realize is that my bag (backpack) was not big enough for the diaper bag ... so there i was in front of all the people waiting to pay, trying desperately to make my diaper pack fit in my obviously smaller backpack. Luckily the pharmacist was a nice lady who felt sorry for my situation and helped me by putting my diaper pack in a big brown paper bag so that no one could see what it was.

When i was smaller i had to result to less conventional methods to attain my diapers. I lived in a very rural village and there was only a small co-op to do groceries. Again, i was small, didn't even have a computer or access to the internet so i thought i was totally alone in this thing and i also thought it was immoral at that time. Anyways getting to the embarrassing moment, one day my urge to wear diapers went out of control and i HAD to have a diaper regardless of consequences and so i started walking to the small co-op not far from my home. When i got in i browsed around, looking for nothing in particular except i had an acute eye open when i passed the diaper section, this way i knew if the aisle was clear of people or clerks. Anyways it took 1 hour for the aisle to completely be empty and that i was secure enough to attempt a stealth operation called "Diaper stealing". I know, I know you don't need to lecture me about stealing being wrong and shit, I KNOW, i was young and i had no other way of getting my hands on diapers. Besides i would have gone insane if i hadn't done this. Anyways getting back to the story, i started to open a pack, then took two or three out and looked around if no one was looking and started to hide them beneath my shirt, but unfortunately i realized i had missed one person who was still in the aisle and has luck would have it when i turned to see if he was looking ... he was and he even started to walk towards me to probably stop me ... i never ran so fast in my life, i got away though :D too fast for that old fart. It was a good experience actually because it scared me witless for like ... 2 -4 years making me sort of give up diapers until i had a safer way to acquire them.

Necros~

What about the video recording?

For quite some time (Considering your age, probably at the time of the described incident) most stores have been using cameras and video recording equipment to deter theft, and make it easier to ID those that steal anyway.

Granted, it's probably not worth the hassle once you got away, over just 1 pack of diapers - but I'm sure someone at least looked at that recording, if for no other reason, to see if that was all you stole.

When i went to buy diapers, i think a month ago, i brought my bag and some money, it was all planned out very well for a quick buy and getaway. What i didn't realize is that my bag (backpack) was not big enough for the diaper bag ... so there i was in front of all the people waiting to pay, trying desperately to make my diaper pack fit in my obviously smaller backpack. Luckily the pharmacist was a nice lady who felt sorry for my situation and helped me by putting my diaper pack in a big brown paper bag so that no one could see what it was.

When i was smaller i had to result to less conventional methods to attain my diapers. I lived in a very rural village and there was only a small co-op to do groceries. Again, i was small, didn't even have a computer or access to the internet so i thought i was totally alone in this thing and i also thought it was immoral at that time. Anyways getting to the embarrassing moment, one day my urge to wear diapers went out of control and i HAD to have a diaper regardless of consequences and so i started walking to the small co-op not far from my home. When i got in i browsed around, looking for nothing in particular except i had an acute eye open when i passed the diaper section, this way i knew if the aisle was clear of people or clerks. Anyways it took 1 hour for the aisle to completely be empty and that i was secure enough to attempt a stealth operation called "Diaper stealing". I know, I know you don't need to lecture me about stealing being wrong and shit, I KNOW, i was young and i had no other way of getting my hands on diapers. Besides i would have gone insane if i hadn't done this. Anyways getting back to the story, i started to open a pack, then took two or three out and looked around if no one was looking and started to hide them beneath my shirt, but unfortunately i realized i had missed one person who was still in the aisle and has luck would have it when i turned to see if he was looking ... he was and he even started to walk towards me to probably stop me ... i never ran so fast in my life, i got away though :D too fast for that old fart. It was a good experience actually because it scared me witless for like ... 2 -4 years making me sort of give up diapers until i had a safer way to acquire them.

Necros~