LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question!

Hmm i was listening to this groupd called apocaliptica and was wondering if anyone knows if theres more bands that have the same type of music in them?

Heres a link to download a song from the group, its called Hall of the mountain king. Its all instrumental, so no lyrics just cello, and electric guitar.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4IWHHMH

Enjoy~ And all the help you can give is very much appreciated!

Necros~

I know! The cello is such an awesome instrument!!! I personally prefer music that has no lyrics and is full of instruments that give the song a quick and almost lunatic feel. I can guarantee though that if you do listen to any songs from apocaliptica you would probably like it. (specially the one called The Hall of The Mountain King ... the one in the link)

Its a pitty you can't download it though. I wish there was a way to give it to ya.

Necros~ :ninja:

There are lots of there songs on you tube, couldnt get the download to work.

One of my fav artists is Mike oldfield, but only one or two of his songs over the last 20 years are as heavy as theirs, more classical.

BTW :- Is your name after the band Necro ?? The I need drugs album is amazing.

Love all types of music apart from opera, and thats only because I cant understand it.

Chloe

It derives from the term "Nekros" Meaning lacking life. Or "dead" if you will.

But anyways, i didn't know there was a group called necro :P. Although i ain't a big fan of Punk i don't mind it from time to time :).

So the download didn't work? Did you enter the three letters/Numbers correctly? If you did theres always a waiting period afterwards (normally 45sec) and after that you can click the download link. Oh and when you click the download link if theres a popup that comes up in your screen, delete it, normally thats what is stopping you from downloading. Hope it works.

Necros~

Hey Every1,

I have many songs from them on my ipod. I had not heard of the name until I found it on my sisters computer. Once I started listening to it I began to like it! I don't know of many other bands like them but good luck in your search.

If you want more of them, search apocaliptica on isohunt. I got their entire discography on there.

It Rawks :3 If i find any other group similar i will post them here.

Necros~

P.s: I also have all their songs on my ipod <3! I love Ipod. Its almost a quest to fill up 30gb of music space. lol (only music because i dont watch movies on there and i have very few photos.)

In The Hall of the Mountain King is actually a much older song than just that. Grieg wrote it to accompany the play Peer Gynt (the play opened in 1876 in Norway, I believe). Other bands have done covers of it besides Apocolyptica, including Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Who, and Electric Light Orchestra.

The following suggestions are not pure string groups, but rock/classic rock groups that might appeal to you if you enjoy the orchestral sound.

I would suggest you dig up some Electric Light Orchestra if you like Apocolyptica. ELO really pushed into the realm of the "rock symphony," and one of their main instruments is a cello. Unlike Apocolyptica, they are not a strings-only group. Also, with ELO, you may have to make an effort to avoid their more comercially successful items in order to find the stuff that has more of the sound you are after. (I'd recommend the album "Eldorado" as a good place to start.)

If you decide you like the "rock symphony" sound of ELO, then I have a few other suggestions for you. The Moody Blues (their first 7 albums have more of the rock-symphony sound, after that they moved more electronic/keyboards -- still good music, but a certain change in their sound). Jethro Tull might be a good joice, especially if your interest ranges from strings to wind instruments -- Tull features the flute in many songs (and is pretty much where The Anchorman got the "jazz flute" from.) I'd always suggest Pink Floyd, but they are certainly more electronic with a smattering of saxaphone (the albums that may be of interest include Dark Side of the Moon and Momentary Lapse of Reason; if you like Dark Side's electronic, mellow sound, check out Wish You Were Here; if you like Momentary Lapse of Reason's sound, check out Division Bell).

Again, if you like the "rock symphony" sound, consider the Kansas album "Always Never the Same." If you just like the strings, check out most of Kansas's other stuff, as one of their featured instruments is the violin.

Wow, you sure did your research. I'll be sure to search and download all of the above :D

To be honest I'm more of a strings kinda guy, i just like how violin or cello or even guitar sound together. Like it was said in this thread, its haunting.

Thz for all the info~

Necros~

p.s: Did you hear more songs from apocaliptica? Their album called cult is VERY good and reflects pretty much what i like in music. Oh, that reminds me, what type of music are you into? Me its rarely with lyrics because i tend to feel many voices ruin good music. What about you?

Actually, I was just talking about the music I'm into. No research needed. Classic rock is what I like, with stuff that leans toward the symphonic or electronic/experimental sound.

But, as far as what I like... classic rock, prog rock, some punk, some rap (very limited), some country (also very limited), jazz, classical, bluegrass (some), jam bands, Irish traditional, alternative, some opera, blues, raggae. Probably some other stuff that falls between there. I like music with social meaning, intelligence, and talent.

I can't stand crap that is manufactured -- drum machines and artists that don't actually play their instruments or write their own music. No respect for that crap.

That reminds me, if you like strings so much, consider exposing yourself to some instrumental bluegrass.

Yeah, I have heard some of Apocolyptica's stuff. I got introduced to them with their album of Metallica covers.

I wanted to add that, I in fact do play the cello (I like to think that I am better then I am). I have played it since junior high school. It is such a cool instrument and my mom and dad really prefer the sound of that then if I played the guitar. I have the 30GB video ipod and alot of music, but I stiil have quite a bit of space on it. I want to add the music video of Shakira and Wyclef "My Hips Don't Lie" damn that girl can move! Also the music video of Jessica Simpson from the movie "The Dukes of Hazzard". I don't paticularly like those songs but I love watching those girls! :thumbsup:

Ah yes, the lovely idiotic girls who sing but don't even know how to do the dishes XD!! They make me laugh, but like you said they are damn well pretty <3! (Personally i would go for the everyday girl or boy, rather then these superficial women and men. They bore me and although they are hot, don't interest me in the slightest)

Plus their voice make my ears scream murder. Theres a few i can stand ... but ... its rare. I rarely go for the mainstream music, i rather go for the other guy that struggles to make a living and tries his best to make wonderful music because he literally has nothing to loose. I believe thats awesome music, because they put their heart and soul into it and it shows :D!

But i'm not perfect lol. I do have many mainstream music here and there in my room but nothing to fill up a 30gb ipod video lol.

If the ipod supported .avi and other formats of the sort i would put more movies on there but unfortunately it only supports .mp4 ... which sucks big time. I know how to convert and such but damn it takes way too long to convert ONE episode of anime to the right format lo, and when you have a series of 25 or 56 ... it takes a while lol!

Necros~

Other artists i have lying around here are has followed:

Rammstein(Germen) , SlipKnot, Three days grace, billy talent, rob zombie, tai chi relaxation cd, avril lavigne, pink, 50 cent (oh yeah ... i know i know lol its rap....), linking park, andrew Wk, Dir En Grey (jap), Gackt (Jap), Hyde(Jap), Orange Range(jap), E-nomine (germen), Creed, Godsmack, hoobastank, evanescence, Korn, Sepultura, johny cash, Tarkan (jap), .... i forget the rest, these are all the cds close to me at the moment. Theres a lot more but there too far away for me to see the tittles lol......... that and i'm lazy!! :o!

Another instrumental rock symphony sort of band is "Godspeed You! Black Emperor". Most of their songs have a violin and chello. If you like that, try Sigur Rós. A bit more mainstream than Godspeed, though not all of their songs are instrumental.

If you like the piano, try Kate Bush, Tori Amos and Fiona Apple. Their music is not instrumental, however.

Oh, I see you like Evanescence. Try Collide, somewhat similar sound, but much better IMHO. ;) "Chasing The Ghost" is their best album.

Another instrumental rock symphony sort of band is "Godspeed You! Black Emperor". Most of their songs have a violin and chello. If you like that, try Sigur Rós. A bit more mainstream than Godspeed, though not all of their songs are instrumental.

If you like the piano, try Kate Bush, Tori Amos and Fiona Apple. Their music is not instrumental, however.

Oh, I see you like Evanescence. Try Collide, somewhat similar sound, but much better IMHO. ;) "Chasing The Ghost" is their best album.

^_^ i know, collide is VERY GOOD!!! I have a couple of their album! You're right they do sound a bit like evanescence and for me collide is much better! Did you see some of their music video? AHH man their awesome.

Necros~

P.s: Lol with all the music ideas given here my internet pipe will have to work over time to get it all XD Good thing i have fast connection <3 ... keep up the good flow of music :D

I saw the list of rock bands you listen to, and I can't help but feel the need to suggest checking out Led Zeppelin. (And mayhap Jimmi Hendrix.) In Zep, you'll find part of the roots of nearly any modern rock/hard rock band.

I saw the list of rock bands you listen to, and I can't help but feel the need to suggest checking out Led Zeppelin. (And mayhap Jimmi Hendrix.) In Zep, you'll find part of the roots of nearly any modern rock/hard rock band.

Yeah i love Led Zeppelin specially. Jimmi Hendrix is VERY good also ... but i like him a tad less then good old LED!!

Necros~