LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are Things Really The Way They Seem?

I'm talking in particular to the sounds our diapers make. I know that we can detect the sounds of a diaper more easily than others, since we're used to wearing them. But sometimes, especially in a completely quiet room, the noise sounds SO loud and SO obvious, that it seems imposible for nobody else to notice. Are the really oblivious to it, or are they just being polite? Like trying to change in a quiet bathroom and someone walks in. The diaper does rustle when you're trying to put it on and sometimes it isn't much quieter than a plastic bag! Can they really tell what we're doing or wearing by the sounds our diapers make? Or do they think they're hearing things since the idea of an adult wearing a diaper is preposturous to most people? I'd like some feedback on this one.

I think that sometimes the noise can be heard by others but then again it don't really matter.

I don't think that they are thinking " hey that guy is wearing diapers" I don't know what they may be thinking but I don't think it is about diapers.

Just my thought anyway.

SoakedinIowa

I'm talking in particular to the sounds our diapers make. I know that we can detect the sounds of a diaper more easily than others, since we're used to wearing them. But sometimes, especially in a completely quiet room, the noise sounds SO loud and SO obvious, that it seems imposible for nobody else to notice. Are the really oblivious to it, or are they just being polite? Like trying to change in a quiet bathroom and someone walks in. The diaper does rustle when you're trying to put it on and sometimes it isn't much quieter than a plastic bag! Can they really tell what we're doing or wearing by the sounds our diapers make? Or do they think they're hearing things since the idea of an adult wearing a diaper is preposturous to most people? I'd like some feedback on this one.

When changing in a public toilet the main problem I find is undoing the tapes, they are I think unmistakeable to any person young or old who has ever changed a baby's Nappy with "Tapes" on it and we have got four or more of the noisy things to undo. :badmood:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

When changing in a public toilet the main problem I find is undoing the tapes, they are I think unmistakeable to any person young or old who has ever changed a baby's Nappy with "Tapes" on it and we have got four or more of the noisy things to undo. :badmood:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

Not a problem with Molicares, if you pull them instead of tear them off there is no wound. Tenas, Attends, and Depend on the other hand do make that unmistakable sound.

I think it's safe to assume that at least some other people notice. I've certainly noticed some people looking at me oddly, and I don't think it was all in my head. BUT... I think this sort of thing is part of the fun, for me. With strangers, they probably spend a few minutes wondering if you're wearing a diaper, or maybe just had a plastic bag in your pocket. They maybe wonder why such a young person would be wearing a diaper, if you really are... etc. Just something to be curious about. They'll probably have forgotten all about it within 24 hours.

What I worry about more is running into people I know. As much as I enjoy my naughty little secret, I don't want to try to explain it to a coworker, friend, or relative I might happen to run into in a store or something.

Of course, in such cases, you can always fall back on 'plausible deniability'. Keep in mind, almost nobody in the general public even knows about diaper fetishes. If a coworker finds you wearing, they're probably going to assume it's some sort of medical problem and in all liklihood, they won't even want to know. And if they do ask, you can say, "I've been having a problem lately, and I'm not really comfortable talking about it." End of conversation.

So, if you're looking to stay a little discreet, you certainly have options. :)

I've seen this sort of thing come up from time to time. Basically it comes down to:

A.) Most people will not notice anything or put it together if they do.

B.) The few exception to A are going to figure there has get to be a reason behind it, and that reason is really none of their business. ( the "it's not affecting me one way or the other so who cares" attitude.)

I've worn diapers my entire life (incontinent) and, oddly, the people who seem to notice the most are little kids. Standing in line at movie theaters, grocery stores, etc., I've heard kids (in not so quiet voices either) say to whoever, "That man's wearing a diaper. Or, why is that man wearing a diaper?" Or they will come right out and ask me, "Are you wearing diapers?" This after deliberate lengths to conceal the damn thing!

Mo

I've worn diapers my entire life (incontinent) and, oddly, the people who seem to notice the most are little kids. Standing in line at movie theaters, grocery stores, etc., I've heard kids (in not so quiet voices either) say to whoever, "That man's wearing a diaper. Or, why is that man wearing a diaper?" Or they will come right out and ask me, "Are you wearing diapers?" This after deliberate lengths to conceal the damn thing!

Mo

Personally, I think waaaay more people notice than we think, they just would never dare to say anything. But if it's true that children notice more than adults do, it's only because the possible reasons for that bulge is pretty limited. They would naturally think of diapers because that's still very present in their minds and experience.

-RMS

Mo

Well, kids are a bit different. (I am in the same position, and yes that has happened to me before) They do seem to notice a lot more details about almost everything, just naturally curious, and have not yet learned how to be tactful.

But as for adults, and even teens for the most part, seem to not notice, or much care if they do.

It is entirely plausible people hear what is rustling under your clothing. It is also conceiveable that they know exactly what you are wearing to make that crinkling noise. Most people who would notice won't care enough to ask. People are too wrapped up in what is going on in their lives to worry about what kind of underwear you wear.

If the noise and discovery of diapers is a potential embarrassment to you then perhaps a change to a diaper with a quieter cloth like cover is in order.

We are the only ppl. that actully put the sounds together, and know exactly what they are, other ppl. don't give a crap.

And thats ok with me, If another DL hears me if I'm changeing, pleas say Hello!

What would be the appropriate thing to say? I wouldn't want to embarass a non-DL/AB wearer, but I'd certainly love to find some freak like myself.

No, that's too obvious. You need something more subtle, preferably an innocuous visual cue. For example, a button with an abstract image that no one would recognize without first going to ABDL websites and researching it. However, there should be a number of different things, so people can integrate it into their wardrobe, such as a hat, patch, business card, etc... This would probably require a generic and abstract symbol/logo.