LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

An Ab's Kids

I'm not worried about what impact my ABism might have on my kids when I have them, I'm not very deep in to it, and I'm certainly not going to include my children. Worst that might happen is we might fight over who's binky is who's, or who left the baby bottle on the couch.

I know ABism doesn't include kids, my friends know it, and even my family knows it. What I'm worried about are the people who don't know. I fear what might happen when "Daddy has a binky" comes out.

So how many of you have kids? Anything I should know about, any advice?

I don't plan on putting my pacifier away.

LOL, funny short story,

Last little kid I was near with my pacifier kept stealing it from my mouth. I gave her her own, but she threw it and took mine again.

I'm not worried about what impact my ABism might have on my kids when I have them, I'm not very deep in to it, and I'm certainly not going to include my children. Worst that might happen is we might fight over who's binky is who's, or who left the baby bottle on the couch.

I know ABism doesn't include kids, my friends know it, and even my family knows it. What I'm worried about are the people who don't know. I fear what might happen when "Daddy has a binky" comes out.

So how many of you have kids? Anything I should know about, any advice?

I don't plan on putting my pacifier away.

LOL, funny short story,

Last little kid I was near with my pacifier kept stealing it from my mouth. I gave her her own, but she threw it and took mine again.

Umm, that's a good argument for keeping the binky in the private space in the bedroom and out of the kid's sight. The kid can't blurt out what he or she doesn't know.

From the people I've talked to raising kids is a very hard job that requires tons of sacrifice. You should be willing to sacrifice binkies and AB things out of love for your children. Why? I believe kids deserve to grow up in an environment that is not confusing. I remember the story of a famous musician who killed himself back in the 70s. Apparently his single father liked to wear womens clothes, only around him, and it confused the hell out him. He felt guilty and ashamed for his own father. Not to mention the abuse the father would do to his kid if he told anyone that he liked to wear women's clothes. The thing is, and I just told my girlfriend this a month ago, that she was going to have to deal with diapers like me. I know it is going to be hard for her because it was hard on me. Now I cannot even imagine having children and letting them see their daddy sucking a binky and wearing diapers. How in the world are they going to deal with it? We cannot control that, even through parental manipulation. What if the way the children deals with it is to turn you in to CPS. Or what if they feel guilty and ashamed themselves, or what if they just have stress and low self esteem because they have a dirty little secret. Unless you are willing to tell the entire world so that there are no secrets and be totally open with the world. eliminating the confusion, then I would say not to do anything around them.

SuperDiaperBaby

From the people I've talked to raising kids is a very hard job that requires tons of sacrifice. You should be willing to sacrifice binkies and AB things out of love for your children. Why? I believe kids deserve to grow up in an environment that is not confusing. I remember the story of a famous musician who killed himself back in the 70s. Apparently his single father liked to wear womens clothes, only around him, and it confused the hell out him. He felt guilty and ashamed for his own father. Not to mention the abuse the father would do to his kid if he told anyone that he liked to wear women's clothes. The thing is, and I just told my girlfriend this a month ago, that she was going to have to deal with diapers like me. I know it is going to be hard for her because it was hard on me. Now I cannot even imagine having children and letting them see their daddy sucking a binky and wearing diapers. How in the world are they going to deal with it? We cannot control that, even through parental manipulation. What if the way the children deals with it is to turn you in to CPS. Or what if they feel guilty and ashamed themselves, or what if they just have stress and low self esteem because they have a dirty little secret. Unless you are willing to tell the entire world so that there are no secrets and be totally open with the world. eliminating the confusion, then I would say not to do anything around them.

SuperDiaperBaby

At this point, I have no issue with the world knowing.

I'm headed down the path to end up where I want to be, so I've lost that embedded "need" to impress everyone. So far, being open about it has been rewarding. They found out at work (saw me in my car with my pacifier). Now I know who can't be trusted, cause they've teased behind my back. I also know that a larger number of people spoke out in my defense, and 2 are on their way to becoming reasonably close friends.

This seems to be what I should expect from the average person. I'll be disliked by some, ignored by some, and applauded by some.

I want to be open with my kids, within reason. I don't want to hide the binky from them, but of course, I'm not going to tell them I like to make mommy wear diapers.

Hiding it would lead to a feeling of distrust. Kids aren't stupid, they know you're hiding something, and it's not like I can successfully hide it for 18 years. All it would take is one careless incident with the trash, or curiously getting in to the closet.

This is a very touchy issue. I'm not sure I should even express myself. What I will do is tell you how I have handled the situation with my children (and now grandchild). I have been a diaper lover all my life. I can say truthfully that I don't remember a time when I didn't like wearing diapers. However, I have not always practiced or openly expressed my paraphilia. My children are now grown and have moved away. I never for one instant let on that there was anything "different" about their father (other than my strange sense of humor). I would never want to burden my children with something like that. Growing up in this day and age is hard enough. I will continue to follow the same course with my grandchildren. Perhaps you will disagree. Maybe you will think that I am a coward. Pure and simple, the reason is my love for my kids. They are more dear to me than my own sexual gratification or pursuit of a fetish. Now I will also tell you that my wife does not know anything about the diaper side of my life. I can honestly say that I'm glad she doesn't. Knowing her as well as I do today, she would only spoil my enjoyment of my hobby. I don't want any of my family to have anything to do with it. It is private and is practiced privately in my life.

This is only my opinion and I am just a diaper lover, not an Adult Baby. I hope you will respect me for it and that maybe I have helped a little. I am prepared to get torn apart.

-D_Rainger

This is a very touchy issue. I'm not sure I should even express myself. What I will do is tell you how I have handled the situation with my children (and now grandchild). I have been a diaper lover all my life. I can say truthfully that I don't remember a time when I didn't like wearing diapers. However, I have not always practiced or openly expressed my paraphilia. My children are now grown and have moved away. I never for one instant let on that there was anything "different" about their father (other than my strange sense of humor). I would never want to burden my children with something like that. Growing up in this day and age is hard enough. I will continue to follow the same course with my grandchildren. Perhaps you will disagree. Maybe you will think that I am a coward. Pure and simple, the reason is my love for my kids. They are more dear to me than my own sexual gratification or pursuit of a fetish. Now I will also tell you that my wife does not know anything about the diaper side of my life. I can honestly say that I'm glad she doesn't. Knowing her as well as I do today, she would only spoil my enjoyment of my hobby. I don't want any of my family to have anything to do with it. It is private and is practiced privately in my life.

This is only my opinion and I am just a diaper lover, not an Adult Baby. I hope you will respect me for it and that maybe I have helped a little. I am prepared to get torn apart.

-D_Rainger

Please, before I say this, it's not intended as an insult to you...

I couldn't live such a life of secrecy. I'd rather blow my brains out.

My daily wearing of diapers isn't a sexual thing though.

Well said D_Rainger, I doubt you have any need to get torn apart by expressing your feelings and truth. I Do take some issue with you hiding something from your wife, that may have given you some more pleasure between your relationship. But that choice is yours to make. If you do not need her to have fun in that little part of your life so be it, that choice is yours.

I personally am a AB and my wife is totally involved and I am a very happy and lucky guy.

I think there is a fundamental level of honesty with children.

On the one hand, there are plenty of incontinent people out there whose children are perfectly aware of the fact that they wear protection. It is expressed as a normal thing, it is a medical issue, and that's all there is to it. Beyond some potential confusion on the child's part during potty training ("why is mommy wearing a diaper...?"), there really isn't much of an issue. That's perfectly OK, because that's the truth.

When you introduce a fetish into it, and you wear diapers in front of your children because of that fetish, as opposed to medical necessity, then I think you run into problems. You can either tell the children that it is a 'lifestyle choice' that you engage in for pleasure, or you can lie to the children, and tell them that you are incontinent.

In the case of the first option, I don't think that is the best idea. I am not one who thnks sex and sexuality should be rigidly hidden from children... however I do think there are reasonable bounds that ought to be observed. It is perfectly natural and healthy to educate your children about sex even when they are young. It is fine to tell them where they came from, and it is fine that even young children understand that mommy and daddy do that sometimes. Often enough, a child will walk in and see it anyway. However, even given all that, I don;t think many people would endorse parents having sex on the couch in front of the kids. And while it isn;t that blatant, I think that exposing them to a fetish on a daily basis runs in the same vein. Those are grown-up things that the kids don't really need to know. Children should be allowed to develop their own sexuality over the course of their childhood and adolescence without their parents' sexual quirks acting as a shadow or undue influence.

In the event of the second choice, lying, well that's just not usually a good option. Lies have a way of coming undone. Especially when you live with someone. And when someone finds out that they were lied to, it tends to wind up doing more damage than it otherwise would have.

While there is value in being frank and honest with children, I think there are some reasonable limits, and parents' sexual fetishes are probably outside those limits. It goes without saying that you can do whatever you want here... howeve since you asked for advice, that's my opinion. It is, at least, what i will do if I am ever stupid enough to have children of my own.

Well said D_Rainger, I doubt you have any need to get torn apart by expressing your feelings and truth. I Do take some issue with you hiding something from your wife, that may have given you some more pleasure between your relationship. But that choice is yours to make. If you do not need her to have fun in that little part of your life so be it, that choice is yours.

I personally am a AB and my wife is totally involved and I am a very happy and lucky guy.

Well, now, let's not treat Ranger's wife's acceptance of his diaper desires as a foregone conclusion, Repaid. Many of us have told our wives about our desires only to be met with confusion, rejection, and anger over what they saw as some sort of betrayal. I think it's great that you have found someone who not only accepts your diapers and AB desires, but even participates gladly, but you are the very, very rare exception here. There is a lot of risk in opening up, and that cannot and should not be ignored.

-RMS

I think there is a fundamental level of honesty with children.

On the one hand, there are plenty of incontinent people out there whose children are perfectly aware of the fact that they wear protection. It is expressed as a normal thing, it is a medical issue, and that's all there is to it. Beyond some potential confusion on the child's part during potty training ("why is mommy wearing a diaper...?"), there really isn't much of an issue. That's perfectly OK, because that's the truth.

When you introduce a fetish into it, and you wear diapers in front of your children because of that fetish, as opposed to medical necessity, then I think you run into problems. You can either tell the children that it is a 'lifestyle choice' that you engage in for pleasure, or you can lie to the children, and tell them that you are incontinent.

In the case of the first option, I don't think that is the best idea. I am not one who thnks sex and sexuality should be rigidly hidden from children... however I do think there are reasonable bounds that ought to be observed. It is perfectly natural and healthy to educate your children about sex even when they are young. It is fine to tell them where they came from, and it is fine that even young children understand that mommy and daddy do that sometimes. Often enough, a child will walk in and see it anyway. However, even given all that, I don;t think many people would endorse parents having sex on the couch in front of the kids. And while it isn;t that blatant, I think that exposing them to a fetish on a daily basis runs in the same vein. Those are grown-up things that the kids don't really need to know. Children should be allowed to develop their own sexuality over the course of their childhood and adolescence without their parents' sexual quirks acting as a shadow or undue influence.

In the event of the second choice, lying, well that's just not usually a good option. Lies have a way of coming undone. Especially when you live with someone. And when someone finds out that they were lied to, it tends to wind up doing more damage than it otherwise would have.

While there is value in being frank and honest with children, I think there are some reasonable limits, and parents' sexual fetishes are probably outside those limits. It goes without saying that you can do whatever you want here... howeve since you asked for advice, that's my opinion. It is, at least, what i will do if I am ever stupid enough to have children of my own.

See, but my choice to wear diapers and use other abby stuff isn't a fetish for me. I don't wear diapers because it's sexually exciting, I wear them because it's comforting. I actually don't function well without them. So this is definitely different than some sexual fetish, at least for me.

ugh........all i can say is that as a parent.....you are the adult........and as an adult please consider that everything you do, say or put out there for the rest of the world WILL affect not just you ......but your children also................

you may think what you expose others to is fine because it's all fine for you...but until you walk in the head of someone else i would take extreme caution ........

i know that one of the things i'd wished i'd never heard was my father telling my mother that due to the flu and being a truck driver....he'd had a diarea "accident" of extreme porportions while on the road the night before.......he thought i'd gone to school ...but i was actually home sick that day and heard the whole description......it shouldn't have been that big of a deal and for most it prolly wouldn't have been.......but remember that many of us infantilists tend to have some sort of bagage somewhere.......over the years i've had nightmares about that very incident many times......not a pretty picture of your father i assure you.......actually it is still quite disturbing for me

ugh........all i can say is that as a parent.....you are the adult........and as an adult please consider that everything you do, say or put out there for the rest of the world WILL affect not just you ......but your children also................

you may think what you expose others to is fine because it's all fine for you...but until you walk in the head of someone else i would take extreme caution ........

i know that one of the things i'd wished i'd never heard was my father telling my mother that due to the flu and being a truck driver....he'd had a diarea "accident" of extreme porportions while on the road the night before.......he thought i'd gone to school ...but i was actually home sick that day and heard the whole description......it shouldn't have been that big of a deal and for most it prolly wouldn't have been.......but remember that many of us infantilists tend to have some sort of bagage somewhere.......over the years i've had nightmares about that very incident many times......not a pretty picture of your father i assure you.......actually it is still quite disturbing for me

See with that logic, ANYTHING could traumatize my kids. Man, if me or my girlfriend have something like that happen, I'd certainly hope we had done whatever to make sure our kids wouldn't see that as anything more than "Guess I'm getting some clean clothes and doing some laudry".

If my kid came home with messed up pants, I'd just say "Hey, it happens, let me help you get cleaned up" and leave it be (or provide medical care if it was needed).

Wait.

"I want to be open with my kids, within reason. I don't want to hide the binky from them, but of course, I'm not going to tell them I like to make mommy wear diapers."

Why the contradiction? You haveno problem playing a baby in front of your kids... but there is an issue with letting them know you make mommy wear diapers? What is objectionable about them knowing about her use of them, that is not objectionable about your involvement in it?

Wait.

"I want to be open with my kids, within reason. I don't want to hide the binky from them, but of course, I'm not going to tell them I like to make mommy wear diapers."

Why the contradiction? You haveno problem playing a baby in front of your kids... but there is an issue with letting them know you make mommy wear diapers? What is objectionable about them knowing about her use of them, that is not objectionable about your involvement in it?

Simple. Seeing my girlfriend in a diaper is a turn on.

The baby stuff I do myself isn't.

This is a very touchy issue. I'm not sure I should even express myself. What I will do is tell you how I have handled the situation with my children (and now grandchild). I have been a diaper lover all my life. I can say truthfully that I don't remember a time when I didn't like wearing diapers. However, I have not always practiced or openly expressed my paraphilia. My children are now grown and have moved away. I never for one instant let on that there was anything "different" about their father (other than my strange sense of humor). I would never want to burden my children with something like that. Growing up in this day and age is hard enough. I will continue to follow the same course with my grandchildren. Perhaps you will disagree. Maybe you will think that I am a coward. Pure and simple, the reason is my love for my kids. They are more dear to me than my own sexual gratification or pursuit of a fetish.

great post!

i couldn't agree more

This is a topic I have thought long and hard about. No matter what there are pro's and con's to every situation. I just recently told my wife and that was a big reliever of stress. Now I am not alone with how to deal with the kids and being a DL. This allows me to talk it over with the wife and get her POV. My guess is its going to be going away for a long time. For my kids anything is possible.

~ Brian

Wow, talk about a deep subject.

I'd like to chime in with my two cents if you all don't mind. I'm a Summer Camp Director and Middle School Teacher, that's worked as an Assistant Therapist in a Play Therapy program that has quite a bit of kid experience, though I will openly admit, I'm not a parent, yet.

With children it's important to have boundaries and clearly defined roles and boundaries. I'm not going as far to say that going against the norm is a bad thing but it does have its repercussions. Being a kid is tough enough knowingly adding another thing for them to come to terms with and deal with. Imagine having to go to middle school and have the other kids find out your parents wear diapers. I cringe at the thought.

On the flip side I can understand your stance. I'm gay and I know that when I do have kids that too can cause them extra baggage so to speak and of course I'm not willing to sacrifice that portion of myself for anyone, not even my children.

I think you'll have to ponder the situation and weigh it carefully. I know diaper and my AB lifestyle will be not hidden but kept well away from my kids.

Homosexuality is a good point. If a child can safely be exposed to something as atypical and socially stigmatized as homosexuality (and please do not take that to mean I have a negative view of homosexuality), then they can probably be exposed to diapers safely.

I would however question the relative necessity of the two.

The need for compaionship and romantic fulfillment is among the strongest and least negotiable we have, and it is also something that is impossible to do in secret in a family context. Indeed, the entire notion of 'family' generally springs directly from romantic fulfillment. So it is not really in the realm of possibility to conceal one's homosexuality from children - unless you closet yourself, and I don't think that is a legitimate option. Given those parameters, there is just no way to balance one's core sexuality against a 'normalcy interest' of the child. In a pure abstract sense, it may be beneficial for a child to grow up with heterosexual parents (although, I think there is significant data indicating children of homosexual parents rate higher on certain characteristics such as empathy, so that may not even be true...), there is just no reasonable way to bring that situation about if you are a gay parent.

Diapers, ABism, etc., I don't think reaches that threshhold. I don't think they are as close to an individual's core definition as homo/hetero-sexuality, and beyond that, it *is* quite possible to hide those aspects of your life. Simply put, the opportunity cost associated with a balancing of interests in the name of the child is much lower. Not only "lower," but in my opinion, "reasonably low enough that the child;s normalcy / stability interests can outweight he parent's-relief interest."

I am not arguing that parents must sacrifice *everything* for their children. I am arguing that parents ought to make reasonable sacrifices for their childrens benefit, and I think this situation characterizes such a reasonable sacrifice.

Homosexuality is a good point. If a child can safely be exposed to something as atypical and socially stigmatized as homosexuality (and please do not take that to mean I have a negative view of homosexuality), then they can probably be exposed to diapers safely.

The need for compaionship and romantic fulfillment is among the strongest and least negotiable we have, and it is also something that is impossible to do in secret in a family context. Indeed, the entire notion of 'family' generally springs directly from romantic fulfillment. So it is not really in the realm of possibility to conceal one's homosexuality from children - unless you closet yourself, and I don't think that is a legitimate option. Given those parameters, there is just no way to balance one's core sexuality against a 'normalcy interest' of the child. In a pure abstract sense, it may be beneficial for a child to grow up with heterosexual parents (although, I think there is significant data indicating children of homosexual parents rate higher on certain characteristics such as empathy, so that may not even be true...), there is just no reasonable way to bring that situation about if you are a gay parent.

Diapers, ABism, etc., I don't think reaches that threshhold. I don't think they are as close to an individual's core definition as homo/hetero-sexuality, and beyond that, it *is* quite possible to hide those aspects of your life. Simply put, the opportunity cost associated with a balancing of interests in the name of the child is much lower. Not only "lower," but in my opinion, "reasonably low enough that the child;s normalcy / stability interests can outweight he parent's-relief interest."

I am not arguing that parents must sacrifice *everything* for their children. I am arguing that parents ought to make reasonable sacrifices for their childrens benefit, and I think this situation characterizes such a reasonable sacrifice.

In my opinion, apart from the jargon that necessitated me reading the above twice, it is chock full of assumptions and 'received wisdom'. I wouldn't even know where to begin in attempting to argue the case against it, so I don't think I'll try.

D :huh: lly

I grew up with my "normalcy" whatever up front in my parent's mind.

What resulted was a teen who suffered severe guilt and anxiety over being different, and an adult who still deals with a plethora of issues.

"Normalcy" is bullshit! At this point, I'd be thrilled if my children grow up with no concept of "normal".

All it does is make them think there is something to dislike about everyone who is abnormal.

Well, I got part of the answer I was looking for...

I don't to worry about normalcy, it's trash. I'm a Witch, and plan on raising my children with plenty of knowledge of Witchcraft, so technically, my kids are labeled as freaks before they're even conceived.

Oh, not to mention the little Witchlets will be Vegan too. That's not "normal" either.

So, as far as "normalcy" goes, my kids are completely fucked!

I don't think that's the case in the least. I think the situation was put well above. There's a certain threshold. I don't think there's any one right and correct way to raise one's children and each child has it's own needs. There might be a great benefit for one child to be exposed to ABism whereas the next child will have some significant issues with it. The issue is highly interesting if you ask me.

And as for normalcy being bull, well for children it is pretty darn important. As an adolescent EVERYBODY felt like they were different and no one understood them and whatnot. Perhaps it's not normalcy so much as stability.

Just how much are we willing to sacrifice for our children?

I read an interesting book not too long ago about the effects of trauma on children. This is before Katrina and 9/11. It was a research project by a Psychiatrist involving 26 California children who were kidnapped from their school bus in 1976. It is titled: Too Scared To Cry by Lenore Terr, M.D. From it I gained a better understanding of what might traumatize a youngster and what the effects might be. Torey Hayden has also written a number of books about special needs children she has taught. Before you make up your minds about what you are going to do or not do around your children, isn't it a good idea to gather as much information as possible?

We live in a day of selfishness. A child is a precious gift and a fragile and beautiful thing. Just how do you want to treat that gift, that work of art?

-D_Rainger

Actually as far as selfishness goes Generation X is marked heavily by such a trait, though the up and coming Generation of the Millenials are already being called the next "greatest generation". So, I'm not so much worried for my kids as for yours *winks*

1982-1992 (give or take 4 years in each direction) = Millenial Generation. I just got in!

So the children of homosexuals are more empathic. So, when a parent is honest and truthfull to their child about that they are gay, that this child is more empathic? And if a parent is honest and truthfull about that they like "playing dress-up" and mommy likes to play the baby is going to give this child a complex, and so forth???

If anything has made a child more empathic it is the honesty. Anyone who can actually pull off a lie to a child has a con-man's gift that makes the 3-card monty dealer envious. Children naturally understand the feeling of truth, and by convincing them of a lie, you simply destroy this natural understanding.

Witch should understand this if he is a wiccan.

I grew up with my "normalcy" whatever up front in my parent's mind.

What resulted was a teen who suffered severe guilt and anxiety over being different, and an adult who still deals with a plethora of issues.

"Normalcy" is bullshit! At this point, I'd be thrilled if my children grow up with no concept of "normal".

All it does is make them think there is something to dislike about everyone who is abnormal.

Well, I got part of the answer I was looking for...

I don't to worry about normalcy, it's trash. I'm a Witch, and plan on raising my children with plenty of knowledge of Witchcraft, so technically, my kids are labeled as freaks before they're even conceived.

Oh, not to mention the little Witchlets will be Vegan too. That's not "normal" either.

So, as far as "normalcy" goes, my kids are completely fucked!

If you are going to raise your children wiccan, then you will be doing them an exponential disservice with every single lie you tell. Any time that you are deviating from the truth in their formative years, you are breaking the gifts which you seem to want them to keep. Everything that I know about the fabric of reality shows me this. Even the people who I meet have been negatively effected by their parents trying to form and mold them into something that is not true to themselves.

I ask you in great seriousness to reconsider the Vegan thing though. The body needs certain amino acids and b-vitamins which are very hard to get from vegitable sources, particularly when it is young and developing. Suplementing with vitamin pills is only half an answer. I would at the least, make sure that they breastfeed at least once a day untill 5 or 6 years old if they are going to eat Vegan after that. Preferably though, eating 1 meal a week that contains high grade animal protein is enough to stave off the truly bad side effects of a Vegan diet. By high quality, I mean something like: stream caught Trout, cold water Salmon, Buffalo, free-range poultry, quality Angus Beef (like quality beef even still exists) or farm raised pork. Even if you disregard my advise, please research the side effects of vegan eating. There are people who have DIED from following a very strict vegan diet.

Normal is just an impossible ideal that is used to sell products. Dont give it too much creedence. If it really worries you though, I have a few special supersecret sources that have enabled me to stock a miracle tonic that will magically transform you into soceity's perfect person. For only a few hundred dollars per treatment it will instantly remove all of your flaws, make you super sexy and save you money off your car insurance. Private message me for more information. :roflmao: