LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desert Island Delights!

this island is getting pretty populated, who's going to bring some yeast so we can start making some beer? or possibly some seeds so we can get some farming going.

and who the hell is sending the members of this community to an island and limiting them to 3 specific items? it's cool of them to leave an endless supply of diapers and related paraphernalia tho. would be a good idea to base a story on, lets have a contest to see who can write the best ab/dl island story. anyone in? i'm kind of busy writing a different story at the moment so this is for the rest of you.

this island is getting pretty populated, who's going to bring some yeast so we can start making some beer? or possibly some seeds so we can get some farming going.

Not so deserted any more :crybaby:

and who the hell is sending the members of this community to an island and limiting them to 3 specific items? it's cool of them to leave an endless supply of diapers and related paraphernalia tho. would be a good idea to base a story on, lets have a contest to see who can write the best ab/dl island story. anyone in? i'm kind of busy writing a different story at the moment so this is for the rest of you.

Big Baby Brother? :whistling:

Actually, even before I saw Autie's reply, I knew I would be taking all five books in the totally misnamed Hitchhikers Guide Trilogy series. If I'm going to be stuck on an island, I want something to make my laugh.

Of course, if Dolly is going to take them, maybe I can borrow hers. So, with *that* in mind...

Robert Aspirin's 'Myth Adventures' (the whole series)

My "Sleep Like A Baby" CD

I was *going* to say a generator with unlimited fuel and my music keyboard, but Chloe's bringing a piano. Maybe a bunch of sheet music to play.

Gary

Tee-hee Gary, the idea was that each of us would be stranded on this Desert Island alone, but I'm liking your idea of a commune very much :D

Although I think maybe we won't write a story about it as Fox suggests - I think you'll find William Golding got there first with Lord of the Flies :oShockHorror.gif

D :thumbsup: lly

Book: Any manual on tropical climate survival tactics. (You can also use the paper to start a fire.)

CD: Doesn't matter. We're on a tropical island. Preferably a comercial release with the standard silver bottom. (Works great a a signaling mirror -- it has a hole in the center to to use to line it up, even.)

Luxury item: Machete. (I don't think I'd want to stay on a desert island without food, shelter, and a fire. A machete is the ultimate tool in that type of a setting. In the north woods, by contrast, you greatly increase your chances of surviva by having an axe.)

Yes, this island is populated, and so it will remain until people start dying from starvation -- and if I'm stuck on a desert island, damnit, I plan on living there, not dying there. Figure about three days of crowded, then about a week of crowded and full of moaning and complaining. If nobody starts canibalizing anyone else, we'll probably be down to a small handful of people after 10 days or so, depending on who all had the wits to feed their selves, and some few that manage to cling to life on for an especially long time. And why is that? Because most people are busy reading Russian literature or Douglass Adams instead of taking care of their basic survival needs. Because their luxury item doesn't help them survive.

Now, if your girlfriend is an expert in wilderness survival, I would say that your girlfriend is a luxury item.

In the spirit of the question though:

Book: The Silmarillion, JRR Tolkien.

CD: Probably Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd... but it could also been Wish You Were Here or perhaps one of The Moody Blues' albums. It would be a gametime decision. I'm just not certain.

Luxury item: A hammock. A hammock big enough for two. I'm thinking that either I got plenty of room to stretch out, or I got one attractive package to offer a one lucky woman who may be among the various other people stranded here. Or it is a good place to pile coconuts.

It seems it was dw that managed to kill the thread this time. First time it was Witch and now dw. Is it something to do with the initials DW?

I'm sure there must be more people that haven't posted what they would take with them.

• 1 month later...

1. A Book: I'm going with Peterson Field Guide Stars and Planets I consider myself a pretty decent identifier of constellations and somewhat adept at celestial navigation..as long as I'm in the Northern Hemisphere. Put me in the Southern Hemisphere and I'm (for all intents and purposes) lost. I'd like to have this guide handy for two reason: #1: To be able to tell where I could potentially be on the planet, at least in terms of latitude and hemisphere I'm located in and #2: To use it as a navigational reference when I make my grand escape from the island, similar to the way the ancient Hawaiians used the constellations to make their way off of Tahiti and/or the Marqueses'.

2. A CD: I'm going with one by Deborah Gibson when she was known as Debbie and all the songs she sang were surely and lovingly done so with me in mind. Perhaps her "Out of the Blue" CD.

3. A luxury item: Okay...diaper supplies are unlimited, right? I infer this means baby lotion and baby powder are unlimited as well. So: I'm going to go with some sort of game I could amuse myself with during the hours of slack time I'd be certain to run into. I'd love to bring a Scrabble board game, but I've not yet found a way to play a meaningful game of solitary Scrabble, without the aid of a computer. This being said, I'll have to go with a deck of cards and bone up on the many ways to play solitare. (The luxery item is a tough one to chose!)