LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desert Island Delights!

You are marooned on a desert island and only allowed to take three things with you -

1. A Book

2. A CD

3. A luxury item

I'm still working on the luxury item and can't decide between 2 CD's but these would be my choice -

1. Complete Works of Shakespeare

2. Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here or a recording of my friends reading some of my fave poetry.

3. (The jury's still out)

Which 3 would you choose?

EDIT: Nappies, Pins and Plastic Pants are not a luxury item, there's an endless supply!

:thumbsup:

D :) lly

Hmm, I don't know about the luxury item either. I will have to think about it.

For the book, at the moment I am thinking Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Because it is fairly long so would take me a bit of time to read. Either that or The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. That is long as well. And both books could be read many times.

And as for the C.D, I would probably just make a C.D of all my favourite songs. Or maybe the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack, because then it would remind me of the film.

Guest diamondback688

ok...for my book, im thinking The Da Vinci Code because every time you read it you will catch something that you didnt catch the last time you read it...

Sorry to pee on your fireworks db but I did say item - I know you and your girlfriend are an item :P but I forgot to say you are alone on the island, apart from the creepy-crawlies of course.

Also didn't mention that there's no internet connection or electricity (the CD player is a wind-up one) so definitely no computers!

1. The complete works of Tolstoy in Russian.

2. CD of learn to speak and read Russian.

3. A case of cloth diapers, pins and plastic pants.

Hmm, #3 I was waiting for this to come up coz I'd thought about it too late. As most peops here need their nappies for various reasons and to different degrees, maybe I should go back and edit to add nappies, pins and pp's as a 'given' not a luxury in my first post? What say y'all?

• 2 weeks later...

Your girlfriend is an item?

Me and Dolly said that the girlfriend wouldn't really count, further up the thread.

db, I'm not sure your girlfriend would be classed as a luxury item because she is a person.

Sorry to pee on your fireworks db but I did say item - I know you and your girlfriend are an item :P but I forgot to say you are alone on the island, apart from the creepy-crawlies of course.

• 2 months later...

Since Grayson Perry was recently interviewed on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, I thought I would bump this thread up to give more people a chance to respond and to give my updated items.

My idea for the book has changed, and I have decided that I would take Marie Antoinette: The Journey by Antonia Fraser with me. I haven't read it before and I just watched the film with Kirsten Dunst, and that film was based on the book.

And for the C.D, I would take a mixed C.D. And it would have some songs from High School Musical, some Partridge Family, then random other songs that I like, such as songs from Beaches, Kelly Clarkson.

And I'm still deciding about the luxury item. Maybe a big notepad and a few pens or something.

Not sure how I missed this thread first time round.

A Book :- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

A CD :- Bob Marley - Legend

Luxury item :- A piano

( would say my teddy but we are inseperable so she would be there anyway )

kind of gets you thinking...

the book: illuminatus by shea roberts and robert anton wilson, i started reading it when i was 9 and have wanted to finish it ever since

the cd: some random guide teaching me astral projection, if my body's going to be stuck on an island my mind sure isn't

the luxury item: an ipod full of all the great music of the world, all the greatest movies of all time, pictures of all my family and friends, and more audio books then you could shake a stick at(solar panel attachment keeps it charged and would be easier to maintain/build than the wind up cd player)

Only one of each? :( So hard to decide...

Book: Either The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by the much missed Douglas Adams or The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

CD: No idea. Too hard to pick just one or even to narrow it down some...

Luxury A tea crate full of Cadbury's Dairy Milk (the genuine British article, that is; the stuff you can find on supermarket shelves in the US is not the same thing! :lol:)

<pedant>BTW Dolly, the Bible and complete Shakespeare are not allowed as book choices on the grounds that they're already on the island ;)</pedant>

Only one of each? :( So hard to decide...

Book: Either The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by the much missed Douglas Adams or The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

<pedant>BTW Dolly, the Bible and complete Shakespeare are not allowed as book choices on the grounds that they're already on the island ;)</pedant>

Of course, you're dead right there Autie (You pedant! :D ). So I'll change my choice of book from the Complete Works to either of yours if you don't mind? You have one, I'll have the other - I'm not fussed which, as they're both fab books. Deal? ;)

And if we're going to be pedantic, then maybe I should change the number of CD's to 8 as in the radio prog, and then your ultimate choice of just 1 out of the 8. Would that make it easier to choose?

Book: The complete works of Dostoyevsky.

CD: Too difficult to narrow down to just one. Could I take a box set?

Luxury Item: A boat with unlimited fuel. :thumbsup:

Of course, i'm sure that someone will complain that my choice of a luxury item violates the principle of this thread. In that case, my alternate luxury item is a laptop with a solar charger and a satellite internet connection.

Of course, you're dead right there Autie (You pedant! :D ). So I'll change my choice of book from the Complete Works to either of yours if you don't mind? You have one, I'll have the other - I'm not fussed which, as they're both fab books. Deal? ;)

And if we're going to be pedantic, then maybe I should change the number of CD's to 8 as in the radio prog, and then your ultimate choice of just 1 out of the 8. Would that make it easier to choose?

Deal :lol: I want the works of Dawkins though because I haven't read everything, yet :)

AutieAB

Serving up pedantism since 1983

Actually, even before I saw Autie's reply, I knew I would be taking all five books in the totally misnamed Hitchhikers Guide Trilogy series. If I'm going to be stuck on an island, I want something to make my laugh.

Of course, if Dolly is going to take them, maybe I can borrow hers. So, with *that* in mind...

Robert Aspirin's 'Myth Adventures' (the whole series)

My "Sleep Like A Baby" CD

I was *going* to say a generator with unlimited fuel and my music keyboard, but Chloe's bringing a piano. Maybe a bunch of sheet music to play.

Gary