LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Road Trip North and Jackpot!

Many years ago I used to go to medical supply stores to get the better quality diapers or plastic pants. Before the internet and all that. These places were always out of town so it wasn't like I would run into anyone who knows me or knows any of my friends or relatives or anything. Sure, a clerk will come up and ask if they can help you. That is their job. Keep in mind that a medical supply store is different from a drug store or grocery store, They carry all kinds of supplies that people with disabilities may need, and they have seen it all before. Mastectomy products, wigs for cancer patents, lift chairs, canes, walkers, wheelchairs, knee braces and incontinence products. I'm sure I was not the first nor the last person ever in their store that was wearing diapers.

If I was looking for better quality diapers I would tell the clerk when asked if they could help me that I'm looking for incontinence products. They would usually ask me if the patent was ambulatory or bedridden, and it was then that I would tell them that the products are for me, I'm incontinent. You don't have to go into details about your incontinence or what caused it or anything. This isn't a doctor trying to cure you. I would explain that the products I have been using have changed and they are not as good anymore and I'm looking for something better. I will always call them adult incontinence products or disposable briefs, never diapers. The only time I will use the word "diaper" is if I'm shown the pull on disposable underpants. Then I will say that those are not at all useful for my level of incontinence and I need the tape on diaper style of disposable brief. At that point I am usually shown what they have in stock and since I say I have not tried them before I usually just bought one package to try first to see how it works for me. I always tell them that if it works well enough I can come back and order by the case. I'm assertive, perfectly normal, not nervous and just another guy looking for a product for a need I have. No one has ever though any different or has been anything but helpful to me.

If buying plastic pants I do about the same thing, telling the clerk when they ask that I'm incontinent and use disposable products in the day but reusable cloth products at home and at night with waterproof pants. I've said I have been buying on the internet but it's hard to tell the size and quality. Sometimes the large are too tight and the x-large are way too big. I will say that one of my last good pair tore last night and I'm looking locally first to see if I can find higher quality pants that are more durable and also look at the sizes in person. Both of these senarieos work fine for the situations.

You have to remember a few things. Don't go in nervous and acting like something is wrong! You don't know these people at all, you are a total stranger to them! Once you are gone they are ready to move onto the next customer. They are a medical supply store and see people all the time who are buying diapers or who wear them for incontinence. Just act like you are one of the many incontinent people who come into the store to buy diapers! You don't have to give them a lot of information. If asked, just say that you are incontinent and they are for you. You can even say you have been on a trip and are running short if asked. The fact that you know ahead of time what products they sell is helpful as you could just say when asked, "Nope! I'm fine. I see just what I need right here" and pick up a package of the Abenas or whatever. No discussion even needed in that case. Personally, I think it's kind of cool to tell the clerk that I'm incontinent and use the products if asked, but that is up to you. Just keep in mind that they don't care one way or another, and you shouldn't care either as chances are you won't ever see them again unless you take another trip that way years down the road. Just people passing in the night, so to speak.

Now, here is the last thing to consider! If this store has AB clothing and printed plastic pants and all that, then they are obviously AB aware to the point they are catering to AB's by selling products and adult baby clothing. Their not going to piss off their customers by making fun of them! If they have a pretty comprehensive amount of AB stuff, then I'm sure it wouldn't be there unless they had the cliental and market to support it! You would in no way be the first AB buying adult baby clothing and nursery print plastic pants! Who knows but the owner and maybe even some of the staff are AB themselves and that is one reason they sell that kind of stuff in their store. One thing you don't want to do is come up with some lame sounding excuse about family members and all that. I'm sure anyway that you will already be diapered when stopping so why not just act natural? In my case I would tell them I am incontinent as mentioned if asked. I'm not AB myself but if I was I would either admit it or most likely just keep my mouth shut while picking out what babyish clothing and diapers I want to buy. No need to go into details or even have other than a very basic conversation with anyone. "No, I don't need any help. I think I've found what I'm looking for." Will they probably think you are AB? If you buy AB clothing and diapers, most likely. Do you really care once you leave the store? Will they even care if they sell that stuff in the first place? They are probably more happy about making a good sale and profits for the store.

Just be cool when in the store, when talking with clerks just devulge only as much as you are comfortable with. Sure, it might be overwhelming to finally be in a store with all kinds of diapers and adult baby clothing, but practice being relaxed and think of it as just any other store. The clerks will be more knowing of your situation if you walk around nervous, trying to hide the fact that you are looking at the stuff out of the corner of your eye, dawdling around, hemming and hawing and all that. Just treat the diapers and baby clothes as if it were a carton of milk or pound of ground beef in the grocery store. Look them over, pick out what you want, pay for it and leave all without it seeming as it's no different from any other purchase you make anywhere else. Assert yourself! You are the most important person! Be bold, matter of fact and don't give anyone any chance to think any different! Even people with incontinence don't mess around! They go in, pick up what they need, pay for it and leave! It probably doesn't bother them at all if the clerks know they are incontinent and wear diapers as it's just a fact of life for them. You need the confidence to be the same way, get what you need or want with purpose as if it's just a normal every day purchase, and that includes any AB clothing or products you may buy. Try having the idea of, "What are you looking at? What is your problem?" if you think the clerks may be smiling a little if you by AB stuff. Why do you care what these strangers think anyway? I really don't think you will have any problems in the first place if they sell these things. Who knows but you may even see some other AB's in there shopping in their Winnie The Pooh shortalls with a pacifier in their mouth! And take plenty of money just in case!

I have been in there several times they are very nice and could careless if you need for medical or not. They carry the tykables an safari diapers too.