LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diuretics

Caffeine and alcohol are both diuretics, as well as some decongestants. Caffeine and alcohol work for sure (just think what happens after a few beers!) They do their job, but they have side effects. Make sure you re-hydrate yourself

I prefer to use natural laxatives. Nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc.) always do the trick with me. If you really want to do the trick, go to the store and get a bag of shredded coconut and chow down! It's guaranteed to give you a diaper filled with massive amounts of mushy hapiness.

I don't use diuretics --

because generally I don't need to. If I want to pee, I just start drinking water. Drain a quart bottle or so. Soon, about 40 minutes later, if I'm not dehydrated, nature calls. If I ignore it, my diaper gets wet. So what do you need the diuretics for? You aren't a fighter who needs to get his weight down for weigh-in...that process has killed a few wrestlers.

Beer is generally a pretty good diuretic...so keep drinking water after you are done drinking beer, or chase your glass of beer with a glass or two of water...it will help you avoid a hangover to boot.

Caffeinated soda or coffee is also a diuretic. However, I get withdrawal symptoms (headaches) from the caffeine, so I don't drink soda or coffee anymore.

I have heard that the french word for dandelion root is "pissenlit", meaning "pee the bed". I have little doubt that this herb will achieve that. However, I'd start with a hypnosis tape and a protected bed and safely diapered body if that was my goal. A big part of making it happen is feeling safe about it, in addition to having enough water in your body. I found that out one night, I was alone in a hotel room on the road, diapered...in the morning, the diaper was soaked but I had no memory of that pee...and I generally try *not* to wet the bed for my GF's sake.

Note:

Negative side effects come from all diuretics. First, there's dehydration. Second, depending on the mechanism of action, you lose various minerals. If it's caffeine, eat a bannana to replace the potassium. Be very careful with drugs like dandelion root -- the problem being that since its an herb, it's not nearly as well studied for safety as regular drugs. Ephedra is the poster child for that, some people (including a pro baseball player) have died from it.

Note:

Negative side effects come from all diuretics. First, there's dehydration. Second, depending on the mechanism of action, you lose various minerals. If it's caffeine, eat a bannana to replace the potassium. Be very careful with drugs like dandelion root -- the problem being that since its an herb, it's not nearly as well studied for safety as regular drugs. Ephedra is the poster child for that, some people (including a pro baseball player) have died from it.

Mind you, IANAD (I Am Not A Doctor) but here's what I found when I studied these same things a few years ago.

Dandelion root is specifically known to not deplete K (potassium). It is probably the safest of the things you've mentioned. As an aside, you can drink too much water and die of that, too. Very rare but possible. Water Intoxication

I'd also look at Valerian as a sedative. Very mild and would allow you to be very relaxed.

I couldn't tell you about OTC diuretics, but I occasionally have fun with one I'm prescribed for my CHF, Lasix (furosemide)... I already went into that in a topic last May, here.

Anyway, it's fun... with care and precautions. All diuretics-- even OTC ones-- will also flush water-soluble vitamins and important chemicals from your body-- including potassium, which regulates your heart function. Be careful, and don't over-do it!

Thanks for the link wv, interesting :thumbsup:

Although it seems it's primary function isn't for the control of blood pressure, I don't think db was wrong in suggesting it, as I found this under Indications & Usage in the link you gave -

"Hypertension:

Oral Furosemide may be used in adults for the treatment of hypertension alone or in combination with other antihypertensive agents. Hypertensive patients who cannot be adequately controlled with thiazides will probably also not be adequately controlled with Furosemide alone."

D :) lly

Everyone, thanks for the houghtful replys. I've tried parsley with lots of water, and it seems to do the trick. I found out about parsley from a herb web site.

Note: Parsley is a good source of *lots* of nice vitamins, so I'd recommend that....

although I have heard of someone getting a little too much vitamin A from the stuff...probably in the neighborhood of half a pound or so.....

The best-tasting form of Parsley I know comes from Middle Eastern or Natural Foods stores such as Whole Foods (eastern US). It's called Tebbouleh, or Tabouli, with various similar phonetic spellings. The good stuff is chopped parsley, lemon juice, some grain, some onions....

And I eat it when I get over to that store to get it...prolly twice a month...

Didn't know it was a diuretic...but do know that water is an excellent diuretic, in quart or so quantities...

Dill Pickle.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with over the counter diuretics? (aka water pills).

I don't use over the counter stuff. But I have been experimenting with herbs for the past couple years. The rumor about dandelion root is true, it works very well. I even made dandelion wine this past spring and it worked well, too.

Another excellent natural diuretic is watermelon flavored Arizona tea in the 12oz cans. I buy it by the case and drink it in a bottle. Absolutely excellent.

In the spring time, fresh strawberries are also an excellent diuretic. Strawberry shortcake is one of my favorites.

I do much more with the herbs than stay wet. There are also anti-cancer, and other body balancing herbs that I use daily. Yarrow prevents colds, St. John's wort keeps the emotions in balance, and pau d'arco bark is an excellent rejuvenator. You won't be a good wizard if you don't know your potions and herbology.