LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Do Google(etc) Searches Work Diff On Dd Vs Other Sites

In attempting to reduce my visibility, I have changed my DD name. I have, under another registered name posted over 200 times. It's a long story.

But in looking back over my "trail" I find that if I type in my user name on google, links to my many posts on Daily Diapers turn up often with enough text to give the gist of parts of my posts. What I don't understand is that the same search will not turn back posts from Aby.com where I have also posted at least 50 times.

What is different about the way the two sites "work" (I am not a geek type so talk to me like a toddler please LOL). Is reducing exposure from searches something that could be done to the DD site (as apparently is true with the aby.com site)? [i understand that it would not change past postings.]

It is my understanding that even if I manually deleted all of my old posts throughout Daioly Diapers (which saddens me to contemplate), the Google search would still turn up the old posts. (Is that correct?)

In attempting to reduce my visibility, I have changed my DD name. I have, under another registered name posted over 200 times. It's a long story.

But in looking back over my "trail" I find that if I type in my user name on google, links to my many posts on Daily Diapers turn up often with enough text to give the gist of parts of my posts. What I don't understand is that the same search will not turn back posts from Aby.com where I have also posted at least 50 times.

What is different about the way the two sites "work" (I am not a geek type so talk to me like a toddler please LOL). Is reducing exposure from searches something that could be done to the DD site (as apparently is true with the aby.com site)? [i understand that it would not change past postings.]

At DailyDiapers you don't need to log in to see the posts in most of the folders here, therefore Google's little webspiders can crawl through the posts and links to the next posts (and so on) and index them in the search engine.

At aby.com you need to log in to see the forum, which essentially acts as a brick wall for the liitle Google bots. They can't log in, and therefore can't index the posts within the site.

It is my understanding that even if I manually deleted all of my old posts throughout Daioly Diapers (which saddens me to contemplate), the Google search would still turn up the old posts. (Is that correct?)

Even if you did, Google still keeps them cached for a certain amount of time. How long exactly I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

It isn't just google.com. I'm fairly certain that Yahoo and MSN can probably do the same thing. The best way to stop it without changing the board is to put a robot.txt in the root of the server that tells the search engines what they can and can't index. It is fairly simple and I can help DD create one if needed.

This is a simple one that stops all indexing/caching/crawling. I do not recommend it because it might harm our ability to attract the newly discovered and sometimes confused among our unaware populace. Where would you be today without the ability to find like minded people through the internet?

robot.txt file to be put in the root of a server

# go away

User-agent: *

Disallow: /

The way to find likeminded people is to put "diapers" (and similar) into search fields of search engines. Doing that will certainly turn up the Daily Diapers main site, from which people can easily click to the board. That is how I found this site; I visited the main DD site long before DailyDi even had this board up.

But isn't this message board a separate section of the site? Couldn't the code that you are suggesting be incorporated only into the message board site?

I agree with the above, who cares. I just googled my nick which I use predomitely on the web, you can get my nick, that I'm married, that I was in the Marines, and the town where I live. Hardly something that concerns me as it would take someone who already knows us to be even close to unravel those and figure out who the real me was, and if they were that close they already know about me.

I guess next to using your nick, with a true name or address would be a big NO-NO, other than that I wouldn't worry.