LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learning Hebrew...

I really don't know how much difference there is. All of my work has been in Biblical Hebrew when in divinity school... but that was a long time ago and I have been s l o w l y workng to recapture it. In fact, I just bought a study guide to help be get back into it.

CDL

yeah, i want to be able to read both the old and new

testaments in the original text so as to better understand

everything. since some words and meanings get lost in

translation.

plus i just like to learn stuff.

yeah, i want to be able to read both the old and new

testaments in the original text so as to better understand

everything. since some words and meanings get lost in

translation.

plus i just like to learn stuff.

Original text?? Surely you mean the rewritten, edited, rewritten, edited again text.

Original text?? Surely you mean the rewritten, edited, rewritten, edited again text.

Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? They pretty much prove that the original Hebrew text, as we know it, has not changed in 2000 years. It is true that modern language versions get changed around a bit, but not much. Unless one is speaking of deliberate "paraphrases" which is quite a diff thing.

BTW, learning Hebrew won't help much with reading the original NT as it was written in Greek, not Hebrew.

Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? They pretty much prove that the original Hebrew text, as we know it, has not changed in 2000 years. It is true that modern language versions get changed around a bit, but not much. Unless one is speaking of deliberate "paraphrases" which is quite a diff thing.

BTW, learning Hebrew won't help much with reading the original NT as it was written in Greek, not Hebrew.

Unchanged for 2000 years is that when you forget about all the places that it does change?? And lets admit it there are rather more differences than the odd swapping about abit. i'll agree there are large sections that stay the same but on the other hand loads of stuff gets cut, added or reinterpreted.

Who owns the scrolls now anyway??? I hope it's not some relign. They all have a bad habit of squirreling away stuff that they don't agree with so it never sees the light of day.

I took a year of modern Hebrew last year. Although most of it is slipping away, I still have a working knowledge of the grammar and vocab. Biblical Hebrew includes alot of words with aramaic roots that aren't used in the modern Hebrew, so I can flip open a biblical text and only read about 30% of the text. But im also only a newcomer to the language.

I have a few resources that you can use that really helped me.

One is the HEBREW GREEK STUDY BIBLE by Spiros Zodhiates published by AMG publishing.

The other is ESSENTIALS OF BIBLICAL HEBREW by Yates published by Harper.

Blue Letter Bible is very handy as well : http://www.blueletterbible.org/

If you call a local synagog in your area they might have Hebrew classes that are open to the public.

Shalom and Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

biblical hebrew cdl, but if i can learn both that'd be great. are they

really that different?

I have been using The First Hebrew Primer, by EKS Publishing that I purchased at a local Jewish bookstore. It is pretty good and has an answer book available as well.

CDL