LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

World's First Successful Penis Transplant...

I just read this on AOL but it mentions that it appeared in (UK) Daily Telegraph. Did anyone read it please, I can't find it online?

( :rolleyes: Those sub-editors up to their tricks again in the headline.)

Wife rejects transplanted penis

The first penis to be successfully transplanted has been rejected - by the recipient's wife, it has been reported.

A 44-year-old Chinese father-of-three was left with a 0.4in stump and was unable to urinate or have sexual intercourse after being injured in a car accident, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Surgeons at Guangzhou General Hospital spent 15 hours attaching a four-inch organ from a brain-dead 22-year-old man after his parents agreed.

The surgical team said that, after 10 days, blood was flowing into the transplanted penis, there was no sign of the patient's body rejecting it and he was able to urinate normally.

But in next month's edition of the journal European Urology, they report that they had to remove the organ because of "a severe psychological problem of the recipient and his wife".

Dr Weilie Hu writes: "The recipient could urinate smoothly in a standing position at day 10 after removal of the catheter."

Previously severed penises have been sewn back on after accidents or attacks but this was thought to be the first time surgeons had carried out a successful transplant.

Chinese media said that the patient was able to attain an erection immediately after the operation which cost £3,500.

Transplants in China often involve organs removed from executed prisoners.

----------------------------------------------------

D :huh: lly

It was in my local paper this morning. I'd be interested to hear what the psychological problem was that was so severe he'd opt to have it removed again. You'd think that being able to be fully functional in all ways again would be a huge relief to him. The human mind is an interesting thing.

I'd be interested to hear what the psychological problem was that was so severe he'd opt to have it removed again. You'd think that being able to be fully functional in all ways again would be a huge relief to him. The human mind is an interesting thing.

Because of the fact that it was him and his wife that had the psychological problem, I would think it had something to do with the sexual side of things.

Because of the fact that it was him and his wife that had the psychological problem, I would think it had something to do with the sexual side of things.

I think you're right Sunshine, that's the only possible reason I can see anyway.

Without intending to sound gross about this (and it isn't easy) he now has a dead man's penis and not his own (i.e. the one they've 'shared' intimately through their married life) so I would hazard a guess that this was more of a problem for his wife than for him, if you get my drift.

D :( lly

Bumper Sticker:

Don't Take Your Organs with you to Heaven....God Knows we need them here!

Happens with eyes, hearts all the time....guess the wife must have felt like it was a third person in bed, or maybe the nerves didn't connect properly so it didn't work for that purpose.....

or maybe the nerves didn't connect properly so it didn't work for that purpose.....

It says in the article

Chinese media said that the patient was able to attain an erection immediately after the operation which cost £3,500.

So I don't think that it was anything to do with him not been able to have sex.

Thats ok Dolly.

Yeah, I don't think they would have let him leave the hospital if it wasn't working properly.

And one thing I am wondering about is the doner. He wasn't properly dead, just brain dead. So does that mean he might have woken up again, or would he just die?

If you have read "The Body Politic" by Clive Barker, it`s about hands starting a rebellion to get free from their human owners, so it is most probable that his penis was happy to be liberated. I think that when the penis belonged to his braindead owner, he was planning to break free of his own accord, but could not, since he was attached to a sick and weak body. He could not either out of pity for his owner, or that the weakness in the owners body had transferred to the penis, thereby making it impossible. He probably felt a short relief, when he actually got help with his liberation from the good surgeons. Now attached to a new and more healthy body, he had just began to build up enough strength to break free. But then they come again, and what do you know? His plans are thwarted; he had planned to take a long trip abroad, visit some of his comrades etc, now he just sits in a corner somewhere, behind locked doors, sad, depressed, and with massive psychological problems. And no one thinks about him do they?!!!

I thought this had been done in the past. More specifically they have been doing it for years for sex changes. I remember seeing one couple on a talk show where a woman and a man each wanted to under go the change operation, so She got his, talk about it being kept in the family...so to speak.

I haven't researched it, but I would think having a a sex change, with just the parts not functioning, wouldn't be worth that kind of expense, but then again I am not in the position to know the specifics of being a transgendered person.

actually i dont think i would want another persons penis.

the idea of touching another guys penis sounds gay and the fact I'm wearing a different penis is too much for me.

I think i rather except my buddy is gone ;)

Maybe it made him feel more stupid..after all it is a common believe that men think with their penis, and since the donor was braindead (not thinking) it may have made him feel he was loosing his mind too :-)

Anyways, I think it all sounds a bit far out, I can accept the transplant, in the sence that if you can transplant a working organ to a patient with a similar non working organ, it's a good idea. I just hope they would concentrate more on vital organs, like kidneys, livers lungs and hearts, and there after perhaps arms and legs which i feel is much more important than a penis..afterall. some of us are even born without one, and functions perfectly weel :-)

I think this was a sort of prestige project..they did it just because they believed they could, and wished to be the first for the only reason of being the first. I support that theory by the fact that the recipient and his wife, apparantly wasn't ready to accept the difference as they should be, considering the very generous donation from the braindead mans family.

Maybe he was unhappy with the unit and was hoping for an upgrade. Seriously, they said he was left with a stub of like 1/2 inch and the new one was only 4 inches. Statistically, that is 10% under the average.

As a guy, I think most guys would agree there are, at a minimum, 2 sizes, quite possibly a third. The non-excited and the excited are the two I speak of. The third size I would refer to as 'cold as hell, Seinfeld shrinkage' is the smallest.

Perhaps his wife was not satisfied (I mean that both ways) with the results. As guys, we've always heard, "size doesn't matter," but I've always believe it was a lie, at least up to some minimum acceptable size.