LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

shelf life

do diapers have a shelf life. i have an opertunity to buy a good amount of tranquility slimlines cheap but was wandering about a shelf life. my concern is that the glue on the tapes may break down over time and not hold. i can pick these up tomorrow so i'm hopeing someone will see this tonight and give me an answer. thanks a whole bunch.

They do, Tapes on most diapers degrade quicky in the cold (below freezing) or in the extreme heat, it normally takes a few years to have a affect, in your own hose tho they can last vary vary long times.

Pullups tend to have no poblems with age, the only thing i notice is the elastic is a bit less strong after 7-8 years.

if tapes pop off the best thing to do with them is use some 3M brand transpore tape, its a medical tape, pull about 6 inches of it and span it from the back past the start of the tape forward past the gripping part of the tape and it will hold it, i do it all the time with a tab pops off

The adhesive will only degrade if it reacts with air, heat, or cold. The padding will only go sour if it reacts with air, or moisture.

So if you can regulate those things, diapers will theoretically last forever.

I don't know about the age of the diapers, but I know heat can have an affect. I left some diapers in the trunk of my car over the summer once and the glue melted and they felt sticky when worn.