LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Commissioned artwork? (How does it work?)

It really varies from artist to artist. Deviantart is a great place to look. One artist in particular you could check out is sketchman on there. He does fantastic work. I've had several pics done by an artist who goes by the name toddlergirl.

As for pricing I've seen stuff go from 5.00 to 50.00 for a single character depending on the artist and level of detail.

Everyone has been spot on. If I were you, I'd just search Deviant Art for an artist that you like then shoot them a message asking about commissions. Most of the time, there will be some info somewhere on the artists page that says "yo this is my commission info."

Most artists have a particular style. Pay special attention to their commissioned pieces and see if they look good to you (they don't always look as good as their personal works, because the inspiration might not be there). Depending on what you want drawn, furaffinity also has quite a few artists.

Thanks guys :) I found an artist whose work I particularly liked today and I messaged (well, clicked the 'write a note' button because I didn't see a PM option) asking if they'd be willing to do a commission similar to one of their previous works), and we'll see what happens.

I've been thinking and I'd like to find an ABDL friendly artist to draw myself/my little persona. Are there any specific websites I should be searching (Deviant Art?), do prices vary greatly depending on the level of the artist/the amount of detail put into the work?

Prices do vary greatly from artist to artist depending on the quality of the work and the level of detail, as well as the materials used. If you want a layered Photoshop file that you can possibly alter yourself, expect to pay a bit more. If you want to be able to distribute your self-portrait, you'll want to find an artist who will either sell the rights to the artwork to you, or produce it as a work for hire. If you do this, you'll want to draw up a contract that both of you will sign stating that you own the rights to the finished image, and that it was produced as a work for hire. (You'll also want to make sure that you get that layered Photoshop file so that you have the original image if you're buying the distribution rights associated with it.) Not every artist offers this, but if you find one that does, expect to pay more for the rights as well.

• Like 1

If you want to be able to distribute your self-portrait, you'll want to find an artist who will either sell the rights to the artwork to you, or produce it as a work for hire. If you do this, you'll want to draw up a contract that both of you will sign stating that you own the rights to the finished image, and that it was produced as a work for hire. (You'll also want to make sure that you get that layered Photoshop file so that you have the original image if you're buying the distribution rights associated with it.) Not every artist offers this, but if you find one that does, expect to pay more for the rights as well.

Thanks guys :) I found an artist whose work I particularly liked today and I messaged (well, clicked the 'write a note' button because I didn't see a PM option) asking if they'd be willing to do a commission similar to one of their previous works), and we'll see what happens.

Hey Milly, youre asking all the right questions, and getting all the right answers.

The only thing Ill add is that, as someone who does commissioned works as an artist, Ive foud communication to be key to getting the exact product you want.

Like others have said, deviantart is a great marketplace to start. I would look for an artist with works in their portfolio that at least have some elements of what you would want in your own commission. Basicly, an easy set of goals to work from for the artist. Subject matter, lighting, "style" of how they portray the human body, etc-these are some easy, objective points to start from in informing the artist of what you expect to see in a final product.

Chances are, if youre paying 50 dollars or less, I wouldnt expect any revision of the final product after you see it without paying more, so make sure you communicate fully what you want and youll be satisfied.

Oh, and money talks-paying 50% up front tends to be the norm with commissioned works and helps get the artist motivated. If you really like the artist's work and they dont charge this up front, offer it anyways. It will tend to work in your favor.