LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A car, I don't need to go anywhere, I don't need a car. I'm fully aware of the requirements to live with the Australian government website stating about $56,000 or just over $1,000 per week. However about $450 is rent... something you don't need to pay once you buy a

And yet many of us are 'homebodies' by choice. I don't shun social interaction but I don't leave my comfy home without a reason, and having little reason to leave I'm here during most of my free time. I'm not anti-social though I hold the average person in a low esteem- that being based on my observations through my lifetime of people in this world. Nobody is perfect and I'm not a stellar example of anything either :blush: but there's no reason for me to place myself where I don't like being simply because it's possible <_< As long as you have adequate social skills you don't need to be in the crowds if you don't want ti be- and I don't want to be B)

And with you apparently believing that you are the expert in everything (just have a look at all your posts on the various topics) pray tell exactly where that dividing line is that defines the difference between "homebody" and "shut-in"? You claim to be a Physicist so I presume you understand that without being able to define a difference it cannot be proven to exist. So define it or admit you are wrong :P

I'm with bettypooh on this one. The more I understand other people the more I want to spend time with my dog or playing games. This does not make my lifestyle unhealthy, even if you would describe me as a shut-in.

:screwy:

To be fair, I grew up with the internet too, and instant messaging and all that... But it doesn't replace actually meeting people in person or reading actual books etc... The internet is big and full of information but a great majority of that information is very skewed or outright made up. Relying on it can give you a very warped sense of reality and the World.

You can believe humanity's future will be what you say if you like, however that isn't humanity's present and being a slave to a computer for the rest of your life just because sometime in the future that may happen to humanity is poor reasoning. Since by that point the technology would have advanced and safeguards will be put in place. At the moment we are nowhere near that, even with the Oculus Rift, which, while impressive is still extremely limited and nowhere near what you propose the future will be like.

The internet is good for exchanging ideas, like you said, but that doesn't mean you should live on it.

No matter how much you might want to be, you aren't living in a virtual World where we spend our entire lives plugged in and ignoring the real World... There is no way you can know what you will want or need in the future in terms of money, desires, companionship and anything else. With your plan you will be severely limiting yourself... This isn't a case of the older users here not knowing the power of the internet, it's a case of being deluded that you can be happy with your plan, whilst already acknowledging it is unhealthy and is going to deny your own desires (otherwise you wouldn't have come here in the first place).

I feel like rather than older people not realising the potential of the internet, this is a case of a 20 year old kid with virtually no life experience thinking he knows everything! Trust me, I thought I did when I was 20 too, but a hell of a lot changes very quickly in life, I think you will find that out sooner or later.

What about 38 then, is that experienced enough? I grew up a little before computers and the Internet were "user friendly". Books and face to face meetings gave me no more enjoyment or social interaction than I get from online (actually they gave me less since I was limited to only those around me before).

And yeah, I has adopted computers and the net very early (mid 90's). Virtual reality too, going back to even 2000 (yes VR was "playable" back then too). It also turns out when you get over the novelty of meeting someone virtually it's just as boring as face to face. Plus, virtual gaming seems a bit clunky to me right now. Even oculus rift still has a ways to go if you ask me.

Heck, bettypooh has me on age too, yet also agrees. This is certainly not a case of age, and trying to make the case that net interactions are somehow less fulfilling than real life ones is just silly.

Oddlynappied, I think you underestimate the power of online interaction especially with technologies such as the oculus rift coming out. Look up "Virtually Incorrect" on youtube. The people there are all using oculus rift DK2's to see and speak to each other in virtual space. I'm only 20 and your 50, I get it, you have more experience in life than me so you feel you are the one who is correct here. In your eyes interactions for a healthy social life must be physical.

• Padboy changed the title to ---