LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help narrowing down to a diaper

pax87

Hey all,

I'm looking for help with finding a new diaper to try. I've done a lot of research about priced and have followed threads and reviews pretty well over the years. I'm trying to find a new diaper to try and hopefully not feel like I'm getting ripped off.

I've tried bambinos sample pack years ago and while it was amazing, I can't really purchase such expensive diapers for so little. Ultimately, I've been a fan of Abena plastic and clothed backed, but once they get heavy, they sag ridiculously. My favorite was the Active Xplus I believe they were called, but they went out of business. The last pack I got was the XPmedical level 3 ones. These are nice, but I haven't tried the new upgrades yet. I have tried the cushies, but they leaked.

I'm trying to get input on narrowing down my next purchase. I like standing leg gathers, prefer the waistband on the back of the diaper, can handle a good amount of wettings and sag minimally, and need secure tapes.

Any ideas? Any input is helpful, thanks!

Hey all,

I'm looking for help with finding a new diaper to try. I've done a lot of research about priced and have followed threads and reviews pretty well over the years. I'm trying to find a new diaper to try and hopefully not feel like I'm getting ripped off.

I've tried bambinos sample pack years ago and while it was amazing, I can't really purchase such expensive diapers for so little. Ultimately, I've been a fan of Abena plastic and clothed backed, but once they get heavy, they sag ridiculously. My favorite was the Active Xplus I believe they were called, but they went out of business. The last pack I got was the XPmedical level 3 ones. These are nice, but I haven't tried the new upgrades yet. I have tried the cushies, but they leaked.get input on narrowing down my next purchase. I like standing leg gathers, prefer the waistband on the back of the diaper, can handle a good amount of wettings and sag minimally, and need secure tapes.

Any ideas? Any input is helpful, thanks!

Try the Level 4's. IMO the latest upgrade too the double tapes was a great improvement.

I wear them all the time for my daytime diaper.

Molicare makes a really good all-around one. Not as thick as Abena M4's, not as thin as Tranquility or Attends, but somewhere in between. Great for daytime use or night with a booster pad. Never had any problems there.

Hey sport! :D

I keep trying new brands and such and have it 'kind of sorta' narrowed down :blush: I too enjoy Abenas (M-4's) but the outer shell markings bothered me...just to much 'stuff'.

I tried the XP medical diapers 1st and 2nd styles in both level 3 and 4, and the 'new' ones really are improved and work really well :thumbsup: they also have a 'regular' size that fits me a L*O*T better than the mediums, so I like those..they hold a lot as well, though the level 4's are going to sag after a while, since they really do hold a LOT!

On the topic of sagging, me thinks that someone might be needing a onsie to hold up said sagging diaper! ;) just a thought.

Onwards, I have also tried and really like :wub: the dry 24/7's, but since you don't have buckets of cash to blow on disposables, they can be a bit 'spendy'

I will also recommend the 'new' Northshore care supreme....these things hold a T*O*N, fit well and look great ;) but they will sag after a while, but they are listed as an "Overnight' product, so you can't expect them to not sag during day wear...but they are pretty awesome :D plus they have some of the most incredible wicking action I have seen. They are able to move wetness to other parts of the diaper very effectively and distribute it fairly evenly through out,until they get full, but that takes a while. Amazing product!

Lastly, the wellness briefs. They don't hold a TON, but will stand up to a couple of good floods, they don't sage 'as bad' and they are quiet, fit pretty well, are comfy and have leak guards (as do all the others I mentioned)

Pricing on these I can't remember, but I do like them as an intermediate diaper, that hold a good amount but not something to consider an 'extended wear' product. The Northshore ones you can almost wear all day and probably not fill them up.

You have to check on pricing on all these as of of coarse they will be different.

Personally, if I were you, I'd just go the Wellness brief route. not super expensive, but good quality and reasonable value. They hold a good amount, and work well for what they are. They are thin and discreet until soggy, don't sag muchand seem to me to be a good all around product that works day and or night.

Just my 3 quid...hope this helps! :blush:

Some of the sagging ties in with the fit as the diaper slips down with wear and use :blush: Everyobne's shape is a little different so only trying them all can find you which one does best for you. Unless you're willing to risk the cost of a case or bag on a 'maybe', samples are the way to go here ;) Some sagging comes from tapes and covers stretching. I've discovered that as I expected, thinner, softer plastic does this more than the more robust kind. Reading the reviews can help you with that, or you can add mesh pants or a onesie for extra support. Not liking either of those leaves me with having to decide whether to accept the sag, to wear tighter pants and lose some discretion. or to change earlier and thus lose some of the benefit of premium diapers, or to wear Depends and change often since these don't sag with me but neither do they hold much <_<

Thanks everyone!

It makes sense that softer plastic backed diapers sag because they are more likely to stretch. I think it also has a lot to do with how the diaper wicks away moister and to where.

Yes, I'll admit that I am a bit of a heavy wetter and could also use the help of a onesie. (Soon hopefully!) And even after all this time, I've still not quite perfected the best fasten on my diapers. Mommy and I are working on that whenever I muster up the courage to ask for her help.

Again, thank you everyone!