LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to "cut slits" in a diaper so that it won't spill over when used as a stuffer

lunatyke

I use scissors to just cut slits a few inches each longways on the stuffer. Cutting them too long will allow for the material to seep out upon wetting, which just makes your diaper messier. Others have told me to use an exact-o knife for more precision.

I actually use a dental pick which I normally use for soldering electronics, but not everybody (nobody :P ) has that. The trick is to poke a small hole and then with a up or down motion pull the fluff outside the diaper a bit through the hole do this a few times though the front and back and center of the diaper. You are basically making little wicks to transfer to the outer diaper. When the inner pamper starts to get wet it will wick the wetness to the outer diaper and when you reach capacity then it will slowly leak through the holes as well. Just got to practice it a bit to master the technique. I would imagine you could use a paper clip with it straightened out a bit and using small pliers bend the end to a 1/8 inch "L" shape bend 90 degrees from long part. Then just poke the short end in the diaper through the plastic outer, rotate to long part up and pull it back out of the diaper..Simple huh? :huh:

• Like 1

I actually use a dental pick which I normally use for soldering electronics, but not everybody (nobody :P ) has that. The trick is to poke a small hole and then with a up or down motion pull the fluff outside the diaper a bit through the hole do this a few times though the front and back and center of the diaper. You are basically making little wicks to transfer to the outer diaper. When the inner pamper starts to get wet it will wick the wetness to the outer diaper and when you reach capacity then it will slowly leak through the holes as well. Just got to practice it a bit to master the technique. I would imagine you could use a paper clip with it straightened out a bit and using small pliers bend the end to a 1/8 inch "L" shape bend 90 degrees from long part. Then just poke the short end in the diaper through the plastic outer, rotate to long part up and pull it back out of the diaper..Simple huh? :huh:

X9DRNwA.jpg

• Like 1

The trick is to poke a small hole and then with a up or down motion pull the fluff outside the diaper a bit through the hole do this a few times though the front and back and center of the diaper.keeps holes small so S.A.P. doesn't come out. :)

• Like 1

X9DRNwA.jpg

For those not in the know, it basically means...To poke small hole and hook then pull the inside fluff material back through the plastic outer layer to make a small wick. :)

I've thought about this as well, I've done vertical slits along the length of the diaper. I thought of doing holes instead but I was afraid the fluff would just fall through and make a mess.

A number of years ago when I still used Depends (back when they were really just starting to become crappy), I also tried using maxi pads as inserts. I never cut them on the back and since they were just thin enough, as soon as they reached capacity they would just over flow and/or wick into the diaper. As a plus, the maxi pad seemed to absorb my flooding a bit better then it would help spread my pee so the cheap diaper could absorb it over a larger area. Eventually I found Molicare supers which I recall were about the same overall cost, yet didn't leak any where near as much.

I've thought about this as well, I've done vertical slits along the length of the diaper. I thought of doing holes instead but I was afraid the fluff would just fall through and make a mess.

Don't see how a hole wouldn't be better than a slit if your doing it along the full length you should be having a hell of a mess :P, if your not falling through with a slit, than a hole is much smaller, should even be a issue :)

I use the point of scissors. Put one diaper on, pull the leg gathers out so it poofs out , then poke a row of holes in the front, middle, and back. You just have to take care not to poke too hard and stab yourself in the genitals. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have this in the back 40 and use it for this purpose, when it's not being used as a cookie cutter....just hook it up to mah truck and works like a charm..:thumbsup:

Just call me Tim Taylor :P

post-2685-0-02515400-1410130520_thumb.jp

post-2685-0-02515400-1410130520_thumb.jp

i have the perfect tool for this job, see i too was furstrated by that issue, so i found this and have been using it ever since,

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKigE3Bpj+POeBN0tGvr43Q~~_35.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKigE3Bpj+POeBN0tGvr43Q~~_35.JPG

its called a Wartenberg wheel, you can find them on amazon

Just DON'T USE THIS while wearing said diaper! :o

Talk about self mutilation.....sheesh! :blush:

I actually saw an electro-play demo where they used those metal spike wheels to move the current along the body. It was crazy, but yeah they would work wonders for poking drain holes in diapers. :D