LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I went to see a neurologist today who has told me that he is 97% sure that my inco is due to diabetes, however to rule out the other 3% he is going to perform a lumber puncture plus a back scan.

I know very little about both procedures and would be grateful if anyone can tell me about either, specially the lumber puncture, I have to admit to being a little worried about it. I know this operation does require large needles.

Guest diamondback688

ok...first off, i think you might have the wrong type of doctor...a neurologist works with the brain...a back scan is probably a CT scan...all it is is an X-Ray of your back...no big deal...as for the LP(Lumbar Puncture) they have you lay on your side and they apply a topical annestetic to numb the area and them stick a big ass needle in your spine...ive never had one, but both of my parents are nurses, and ive heard they hurt like hell...best of luck to ya...

i have had both done and the ct scan is nothing, but the punchure does not hurt when they do it, its after the numing wears off the fun starts. yes it does hurt like hell for a little while after words. you will do fine. my incon is from my spine, good luck, idl john

Fortunately never had either of those but the "Lumbar puncture" does not sound nice at all, all I have ever heard about "LP's" is that they are not good. :badmood:

Sorry if this does not help you very much.

I am sure that everyone here wishes you the best of luck with your forthcoming tests. :thumbsup:

ok...first off, i think you might have the wrong type of doctor...a neurologist works with the brain...a back scan is probably a CT scan...all it is is an X-Ray of your back...no big deal...as for the LP(Lumbar Puncture) they have you lay on your side and they apply a topical annestetic to numb the area and them stick a big ass needle in your spine...ive never had one, but both of my parents are nurses, and ive heard they hurt like hell...best of luck to ya...

I think he probably meant a nephrologist, but they're spelled alot the same, it's easy to get confused. As you said, the back scan isn't much, and I've never had a Lumbar punctucre, but from what I understand it's alot the same as an epidural except they pull OUT instaed of putting IN. When I had an epidural it hurt like crazy!

.first off, i think you might have the wrong type of doctor.

Actually, he probably was seeing a neurologist. Neurologists deal with problems relating to the nervous system. This includes the brain, the spinal cord, nerves, etc. I saw a neurosurgeon when one of my lower back discs was protruding into my sciatic nerve.

While nephrologists deal with the renal system, it sounds like the doctor he was seeing was attempting to rule out a back/spinal/nerve problem before concluding it was diabetes causing his incontinence - hence the back scan and the lumbar puncture.

It might well be a mylogram as well, which is both a type of scan and the puncture. It involves a dye being injected into the spinal canal, while you are being X-rayed continuously for about 10 minutes. The table is tipped slowly to allow the "highlighter" to slowly traverse the spine. I had this procedure some years back. All I can say is brace yourself, it's not the painless of things I have had done, but is mostly a pressure feeling, the needle isn't all that bad because you are locally injected first, like that isn't fun as well.

The worst part is after the procedure is over. While the dye is pulled back out, this leaves a lack of spinal fluid in the spine and skull. If this is the procedure you are having you will want to make sure the doctor preforms a "blood patch". If not you will have migranes for over a week.

Good luck to you! Wish you well.

There is no law that says you have to have the LP and the CS. If the guy is 97% sure it is attributed to diabetes that should be good enough for me.

I just had a prostate biopsy for what I already knew was a large smooth prostate from the digital exam. I am beginning to thing that I went thru the discomfort and stress for nothing.

I think people place too much faith in doctors as it is.

If you are treating your diabetes and have that under control and accept that your incontince is attributed to that it should be enough.

Stay pampered

SoCalAB

I went to see a neurologist today who has told me that he is 97% sure that my inco is due to diabetes, however to rule out the other 3% he is going to perform a lumber puncture plus a back scan.

I know very little about both procedures and would be grateful if anyone can tell me about either, specially the lumber puncture, I have to admit to being a little worried about it. I know this operation does require large needles.