LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

1,000 Places To See Before You Die

Guest diamondback688

Guest diamondback688

hey all...i just bought this book called 1000 Places To See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz...it is a really good book if you are a major traveler...it is organized by continent and some of the places in the US and Canada are Niagra Falls, The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC, and Denali National Park in Alaska...it even has the red light district in Amsterdam as one of the 1000 places!!!! i recommend it to anyone who loves to travel...

Guest diamondback688

the egyptian pyramids are in there...a couple places in there, there is no way in hell i would go to, like Syria and Columbia...lots of murder and drugs and criminals...though i think it would be cool to go to all 1000 places...

Guest diamondback688

there a whole chapter on australia, new zealand and the pacific islands...i havent looked through that chapter since i dont live near any of those places...

Sounds like a neat book, kinda interesting when I think of my life. The people I hang with now are lucky to have visited another state, hell to hear them talking about going fishing in another county takes a hour to tell like they had the best trip ever.

I took advantage at my young age to use one of the "Advantages" of Military life, travel. Of your first post I have been to the four mentioned, I have been close enough to Syria, too close. My unit deployed to Columbia for drug intradiction (What a Joke) before Desert Storm. Austrailia, New Zealand been there too. As well as a few fun sites in the Pacific Islands. Never Been to Germany and the surrounding areas. Did Japan and the Far east tour, Norway, Ireland, of course Tiajuana... I have even been onfoot at least in every state the Good Ole' USA has..Jeeze I was more traveled than I thought... guess my life wasn't a Fishing trip as good as theirs, but I still like my Buds. Oh well such is life. B)

Hey Necare,

Actually I was just talking about it the other day with the Mrs.

Here's a couple of fond memories of Norway.

I remember looking up a near by mountain, with it's snow covered top, following it down to the tree line over the small houses down a tiny brook which had to have the clearest water I had ever seen in my life, seriously had to be ten foot deep, and I could see the bottom like it was only inches away, up to the old wooden bridge I was viewing this scene from. I must tell you I don't believe I have ever seen anything more tranquil. Till night time and adding the northern lights to the view. Dude that was Awsume!

I remember we went up the road to a Supermarket, looked just like ones in America, I was browsing around trying to figure out what was what in the deli when I came across some pizza's. I got a few and brought them back to where we were staying. We were lodged in a small town theater of sorts which had a stage, it had a kitchen off to one side, we fired the oven up and waited. I as others waited in anticipation as we were eating the MRE's of which nightmares are made of. (Military Rations). Well when we got the first one out and started eating I about gagged, It had a spoiled taste, I later learned that it was goat cheese, something I must admit took some getting use to.

We weren't allowed liberty, but a couple of us snuck away and went to a motel bar which was along the road to our camp site, I ordered a bacardi & coke which came out to about $8 US dollars, that about floored me. We almost got caught, they were looking for me so I snuck out a back door, I guess one of the guys stayed for the night with two girls up in a room, the girls of Norway are Model material roaming the streets, like I would have to tell you.

Another thing I liked your candys and chocolates, the kids there seemed to want ours, they were always digging through our dumpster and throwing garbage all over the lawn which we had to pick up each morning, we finally locked the darn thing and started giving them our rations, that was funny watching them pull up on their bicycles with there hands out in a line waiting their turn, couldn't understand a darn word they were saying, but hey candy is the international language.

Got a few other happenings, ohhh one last thing we went by this house every day, there was this Older gentleman in his 60's I would guess, out there one day who had started a huge garden. The field was full of large rocks, and he was digging them up one by one and putting them into a tub and hauling them to the side. about 5 of us stopped to help him, and then word got back to the camp, and the theater soon there were about 50 guys out in this field helping him clear about 1000 stones (Big ones) and plow his field the old way, guys pulling the plow and pushing from behind. Well I gotta tell you while we were out doing that, there were about 15 women in the house making us a buffet of stuff I have no Idea what it was, but it was a zoo when they brought it out, tables and tables of food, pastries, you name it, it was one of the most memorable days I have had in my life so I say to you, NORWAY :thumbsup: Hell Yeah!

Guest diamondback688

ive been to probably 20 places in the US that were in that book, as well as london, and am going to rome and barcelona on a 7 day cruise in november...so i guess im going to be well traveled...Mount Everest is in the book, but i doubt ill go there...

a couple places in there, there is no way in hell i would go to, like Syria and Columbia...lots of murder and drugs and criminals...though i think it would be cool to go to all 1000 places...

Lots of murder, drugs and criminals best you add the USA to that list then

Well yes but it's hardly murder capital of the world. And USA must have lots of murders and criminals due to all the cop shows. Well known scientific fact that a countries number of criminals is proprtional to the amount of cop shows.

Repaid, thanks for the feedback! Sounds like you had a jolly good time! Could not quite place exactly where you were; Sogn? There they have a lot of high mountains and beautiful fjords. (The scenery in Norway is quite spectacular, apparently many people says it resembles the scenery found in Canada.) Or maybe Bergen, my hometown? Don`t surprise me one bit that you had to pay 8 dollars for your drink, the prices here are pretty insane, you for example have to pay about 6-7 dollars for a bloody pint!!! Outrageous. So it is always nice when I get to visit England, and you pay not more than a quarter of that price. :)

Yes, many folks say that Norwegian girls are quite stunning, but trust me, we have our fair share of the less attractive here as well! :P And I bet the old man was greatful for you helping him out!

Nice to hear that you so enjoyed your stay with us northerners! Cheers man! :)