LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth diapers

You will also need rubber panties. use the link to "Christine's Reviews" in my signature

I recently talked to Mommy Baby Pants about cloth diapers and what they recommend. Got some good information from them. If you send them a message they are pretty good about talking to you about the different types and style to help find what works for you.

www.baby-pants.com

Well, cloth diapers actually come in more than just "Birdseye and Flannel" as pat said, they also are made from Gauze and "twill' which is a heavier 'gauze' material, but more durable than gauze. I could write a whole book about these things (and over time I probably have) and there are a lot of posts about cloth diapers here, just look around under 'just diapers' and other forums.

Cloth diapers also come in other 'nerw age' materials and types, such as pocket diapers and all in ones (AOI) and on and on.

As with other things, diaper selection is a very personal thing, and your taste will determine what you want ,or what works for you, so any input you get from here is (mostly) personal opinion from what we have found works for us and our 'personal' desires and tastes. SO...what to do...? R*E*A*D* and research..find what appeals to you and start there. I mostly prefer prefold diapers, but you might find you like flat types or even contour style...*shrug* who knows...only you, and you get there,by reading and ordering 1 or what ever might interest you....thats pretty much all you can do. Much like finding disposables that you like, keep trying different ones (preferably with samples) and work from there. Sadly, cloth diapers don't come in 'sample' form, so you have to order 1 and try it out and order another if you were'nt happy or impressed with the first...it will cost you a few bucks, but better that than ordering a dozen of one and not ebing happy and being out $120 some bucks in the process.

....and here I go again writing a book :blush:

So, just read and research and try different ones....personally, I prefer gauze, Birdseye and twill ( all cotton) and I don't like flannel...for personal (and practical reasons) :P I would like to find a good pocket diaper to play with and with some of the newer materials like bamboo, micro fiber,'zorb' etc..and 'maybe' get some flat diapers (but I'm still sick of folding)

After that, you have to explore the wonderful world of ...."PLASTIC PANTS" which is a whole other experiance unto itself. so you are in for a bit of work, but it's also a learning experiance...and one you can pass one to someone else in later years as we are doing here :) ....or not :P

Either way, read, learn and experiment, thats the only way you can find what workd for you and ultimatly makes you happy. Whats the use of wearing diapers if you're not happy?? :P

trial and error..and keep on keeping on.

and most of all

HAVE F*U*N! :D

Shouldn't this be in the cloth diapers sub forum? I don't suppose we can get this moved?

When I started wearing cloth Almost a year ago I went for the leakmaster at adultclothdiaper, combined with pul pants. They are still working pretty good but now that I know what I'm doing I'd probably go with more layers and of a birdseye and soaker combination.

"Size matters." If you want a comfortable fit, cloth diapers need to be the right length and width. I order plain diaper flannel from an online fabric supplier (fabric.com) by the yard. It is 27" wide. I cut the fabric to about 1 yard (36")

I avoid soakers. they take longer to soak through to the outside. This keeps the wet close to a rather delicate area of the body longer which is the opposite of what you want. See my review. I would rather use 3 layers of full coverage than a 2x4x3. Also the thicker diapers can take pinning better

If you were a baby or little girl in dresses, it really did not matter how thick your diapers were since A. That went with being a baby or B. you were in dresses so it did not show and the object was to go as long between changes as possible

Another problem with soakers is this: What if their capacity to hold wet is higher than that of the rest of the diaper? The wet is retained in the soaker between the legs, where you do not want it at all

The soaker is the legacy of the prefold which has defined cloth diapers since about 1954. They were created for a diaper service, not with real-world consideration

I prefer pre folds with a good soaker. I have no problems with leaks as long as long as use the correct size plastic or rubber pants. I enjoy the wet feeling I get using this combo. The one problem I find with pul pants is they tend to weep over time so I prefer plastic pants. Washing and drying or not an issue.