LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any updates, Brian?? Any changes in your condition, as you heal? Just curious if you're leaking more, or less.

I'm not really experience any significant the changes, nor am I expecting to. My bleeding has just about stopped, and my soreness is nearly gone though. (well almost). Other than that, I am still mostly retaining urine (especially overnight) but leaking with any kind of physical stress or movement down there. I do not expect this to change without a third surgery (which I think I will pursue).

Hey Brian

Can you tell me about the aftermath of a cystoscopy? I'm getting looked through on Thursday to find out why I'm having periodic difficulty peeing.

I'm not sure there really is any aftermath from that. A cysts copy is nothing more than a very small catheter with a camera on the end of it.

They will use some lidocane to lube and slightly numb your urethra, insert the camera and take a look at the inside of your urethra and bladder, then remove it. You may be slightly sore for an hour afterwards, but no real aftermath to speak of from it.

Brian how are you doing any updates to the surgery?

Sorry but no real updates. My soreness and bleeding are still getting better- nearly gone, but not quite yet. The amount I'm leaking and retaining is the same too, which I do not expect will chance without another surgery.

Brian dear,

How many times do I have to tell you? You do not need a third external sphincterotomy. What you need at this point, and what you probably always needed was a bladder neck incision. I had identical symptoms, and also went through 8 surgeries, just as you are apparently doing. Your problem at this point is obvious to me, the internal sphincter. Hugs...

Brian dear,

How many times do I have to tell you? You do not need a third external sphincterotomy. What you need at this point, and what you probably always needed was a bladder neck incision. I had identical symptoms, and also went through 8 surgeries, just as you are apparently doing. Your problem at this point is obvious to me, the internal sphincter. Hugs...

And yet with each surgery I've had my problem get resolved a little more. If my problem was with my bladder neck all along then why have the sphincterotomies been working?

As long as I keep getting positive results I intend to keep getting them. My only wish is that my urologist would be able to completely cut my external sphincter instead of just a little bit at a time.

Your not leaking or wetting at night can you leak when you walk or caugh sneeze? A nice little push should get you wetting by now ?

Yes I leak with most any kind of activity. It also takes very little pushing for me to pee now too, in fact there are plenty of times when just concentrating on relaxing will let me pee too.

My biggest problem now is that while at rest I still retain pee until I get an urge. At night this still wakes me up too.

Brian,

That sounds an awful lot like progress!!! Next time should be the charm.

/me sends bryan an hypnotic CD to make him concentrate on relaxation while aseep!

My cystoscopy last week went fine....a little pain when the cystoscope hit the prostate, had to tell the Dr to stop momentarily, kept my eyes closed the whole time. Doc said everything looked normal, but I have a slightly enlarged prostate. Couldn't pee until I was about to leave the office, peed, still felt like I needed to go for 20 minute trip back to office, peed there...(I'd been drinking to make a pee sample, but failed!)...and went on with the afternoon.

Not sure what to make about urologists comment about things interfering with my lifestyle...it's not lifestyle I am concerned with, it is discomfort (constantly feeling like I need to pee) and emergencies (not being able to pee at all!) I am concerned with.

Thanks, yeah progress of any kind is worth repeating so long as I keep making progress. Who knows, it's possible my problem lays in both sphincters though.

I wish hypnosis worked on me, or at least I haven't found a hypnotist or cd that has worked yet.

Make sure you tell this to your urologist. Make sure he absolutely understands you don't mind wearing diapers, they do not integer with your life now, AND that you prefer them to the alternatives.

Mine was the same way and thought diapers were the worst thing possible for me. He actually wanted to resection my appendix and bladder to create a new pee hole at my belly button. I would then need to have it constantly catheterize with a collection bag. Yeah, that would have been "better" than diapers.

I'm not entirely joking about getting yourself relaxed with a CD...if you can do it while you are awake, you have half a chance while you are asleep, and that ability to do it while awake is new for you!

I'm not entirely joking about getting yourself relaxed with a CD...if you can do it while you are awake, you have half a chance while you are asleep, and that ability to do it while awake is new for you! Might be worth a try, and getting yourself in a trance might be pleasant anyway...it is for me.

Flomax seems to be working at the moment...my concern is that doc is talking about "interference with lifestyle" -- if it is a style, it is a choice, and I make it. I'm much more interested in being healthy, comfortable, and safe...having the tools to deal with a potential emergency, not being constantly irritated, and not getting hydronephrosis.

In the long term, I don't think this is the urologist for me.

That's what I said. I've tried the hypnosis cd's, and have also been to a professional hypnotist. Neither could truly get me to relax, let alone hypnotize me.

I've also been on flomax. It did nothing for me, but I'm glad it's working for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a little teaser for everyone. I saw my urologist again and he will do a third sphincterotomy on me. He wants me to wait till June for it though so as to let my body fully heal instead of just healed as I am now. I will not know the actual dates till May though.

On a side note, we did discuss the efficiency of the first radial cut surgery vs my last single bilateral cut surgery. He will be doing the more efficient radial cut, but that does come with more bleeding and pain. I think this is why he wants me to wait just a little longer, but that's OK by me.

As usual, I will let everyone know more as it happens.

Being in the medical field, It's extremely normal to either see or have patients with foley catheters, colostomies, urostomies, suprapubic catheters...and combos of the aforementioned. Have you considered any of these solutions...?

Being in the medical field, It's extremely normal to either see or have patients with foley catheters, colostomies, urostomies, suprapubic catheters...and combos of the aforementioned. Have you considered any of these solutions...?

Honestly, I'm an optimistic pessimist when it comes to a lot of ABDL stuff :P I'm actually prolly one of the worst ABDLs there is because im so skeptical. A lot of my hope for you was optimism that you hadn't already subjected yourself to a multiplicity of invasive and time consuming procedures and meds. Kudos I guess for sticking it out. I would imagine that definitely this procedure you're wanting would be a last ditch effort to alleviate your problems. I was going to say "correct your problems" but that would be the completely wrong phrase to use :)

I've done a lot of research on stents too. They've been around a long time, but most doctors have fallen out of favor for using them. The reason being is that the stents tend to encourage the urethra to form scar tissue around them. They can counter this to a degree by making the stents really large and stretch the urethra out to begin with. Still, there is a very high rate of them needing to be surgically removed due to the scar tissue still closing off your urethra.

yup, it makes sense...kind of like rodent's teeth...your body is SUPPOSED to be losing urethral cells and rinsing them away, (just like shedding dead skin) and a stent interferes with the process!

• Elfy locked this topic