LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diary of an arby's employee (i get paid 7.25 an hour)

I don't care of what technically Min. Wage is defined as, my thoughts on what it should be comes from personal experience and the fact that I believe at Min. a wage should give you enough for:

Drynot,

I screwed up my post, as I had two questions:

a) how does the cost of living in Canada compare to the US, in a very rough way...both for myself and for others posting here...

B) I am debating dropping a mid-level engineering job, and wondering where good engineering jobs in Canada are, assuming I don't want to talk to large companies that pull up stakes and move off to wherever their taxes are best every 5 or 6 years.

I'm sorry but I fell out of my chair laughing at someones statement about fast food being labor intensive. I've worked at two fast food places and a bar (remember my previous post on this topic) and that is NOT labor intensive. Sure there is some things you have to do that you'd rather not like I dunno clean the rest rooms but there are worse gigs out there.

Drynot,

I screwed up my post, as I had two questions:

a) how does the cost of living in Canada compare to the US, in a very rough way...both for myself and for others posting here...

B) I am debating dropping a mid-level engineering job, and wondering where good engineering jobs in Canada are, assuming I don't want to talk to large companies that pull up stakes and move off to wherever their taxes are best every 5 or 6 years.

We are obviously talking about a Tale of Two Cities, because you don't understand what I am trying to tell you when I mean minimum wage job. If you are talking about your job in fast food as a manager and then you say you learned quite a bit about how the business works, fine, but if you also mention minimum wage job in the previous sentence, then really have nothing to say, especially when you follow that up with some unsubstantiated claim about welfare in the U.S. The reason you have nothing to say is due to the fact that we are not even talking about the same thing.

Management does not equal minimum wage job.

Management does not equal minimum wage job.

Maybe for senior management.

For most junior managers in almost any retail business, just take their salary and do the math with how many hours they are expected to work.

Many find they have to work 50-60 hours a week to reach acceptable performance goals, but the salary will be based on a 40 hour week.

Many junior managers make less than minimum wage once actual work time is calculated.

Ok, more questions then about Canada...having once walked on the columbia icefield.

What's the range of cost on eating in sit down type restaurants? What is a basic house, 2000 ft^2 (225 m^2) going to cost? Petrol?

What will it cost to stall board a horse? Get a trainer to ride it?

Last time I thought about a Canada job, it was in Montreal, and I didn't like the outfit's moving every 7 years for best tax situation..

I live near Vancouver, recently called the most overvalued real estate in the world. Langley is called the horse capital of Canada, so there are plenty of facilities.

Here two people eating out at a mid priced restaurant can expect to pay $50-$75 for a nice meal with drinks.

House? I suggest renting at this time, $1400/month suburbs 20 yr. old house reasonable condition.

Gas is $1.25/litre at the moment.

The horse will probably cost something like $1500/month, but that will depend on how much you do yourself, or pay others.

Three days after I turned 16, I went out and got my first job as a telephone solicitor (one of those people who called during the dinner hour trying to sell you something). Today I work union construction earning $57 an hour. In between the two I worked a lot of different jobs....some good, and some not so good. Every job is a learning experience, and whereevere you're working, you'll get out of it whatever you put (or don't put) into it. Learn as much as you can whatever your environment, and try to better yourself.

• Like 1