LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I can't always say "It's going to be better tomorrow"

Well Kristy what you describe sounds exactly how I felt at my last job, and the only way i fixed it was by leaving it... I'm not suggesting you do the same but thats what happened for me, I know being in a job which causes anxiety and stuff is really, really difficult :(

A job is just one of the necessary evils of life :P So long as it sustains you it's good enough for now. What you need to do is envision what you want for your future then start heading in that direction :thumbsup: You don't need a specific goal to start, just a general idea of what you want to have in life, what you might want to do career-wise that will allow you to gain that, and in which general direction those jobs lie in :) As you make progress you'll discover more about what you really want and what you really don't and that will guide you along the way. You will obviously never buy a Rolls Royce on a Security Guard salary so if having a Rolls matters a lot to you then you have to find something different which you can tolerate that will allow you to get that Rolls :D I enjoy what I do for a living, but sadly the pay level is not what is was when I started on this path, the whole business has changed for the worse dramatically, and now I am too old to try something different :( I'd suggest that you don't settle for what you've got now, but actively keep trying for things you like better.

Hi Kristie,

Betty offers a great deal of wisdom for you in her posts. I have used this basic method and it works very well. FWIW, I've always known what I wanted to be when I grow up, I just didn't know how to get there. Along the way, I met a fantastic angel who has become my best fan and co-conspirator. I have often had to keep my eyes open for new opportunities, even when I didn't feel like it.

There is hope for each of us; I was homeless at 18, and by 45 made and lost many millions in the stock market. Just keep your eyes (and mind) open to new opportunities, and keep dreaming about what you want from life.

• 5 months later...

For what it's worth, I felt the same several years back. I have worked in some horrible places over the years through neccessity. I went to a brilliant school, but my parents didn't have tons of money back then and I had to pay my way through college and uni. I never got to Oxbridge, which was the biggest disappointment at the time (seems trivial now). I worked abroad in a low-level (i.e. got all the crappy jobs no one else wanted to do) rescue/medical role and got to see all sorts of fun stuff (although parts of the job were amazing). Then in England I worked in fast food places, night shifts in not very safe factories, as a cleaner (the worst job ever - I really sympathise with people who do that for a long term job), and in an office support role in a centre that dealt with young addicts (rewarding at times, but got a LOT of abuse, which was a bit scary as a young girl). At the time I just needed to pay the rent and would take any job I could get. I didn't know if I would be in the that job forever or if something better would come along. Then in my first 'secure' permanent role with career advancement (a nice, safe, clean office job) I was made redundant at the start of the recession. My early work experience sucked.

I studied for another degree after I was made redundant, took a weekend course at college in something I loved, took on freelance work to build a portfolio and worked evenings as a private tutor to make ends meet. I ended up getting a great 9-to-5 'safe' job in something I find fairly interesting, and I'm now at a stage where my freelance projects (my babies) are paying more than the 'safe' job and I could probably quit and choose my own hours if I wasn't so attached to the money/security. Plus I'm a workaholic, so never going to be satisfied with just one job (unless I have kids maybe). My point is, I'm in a great place now and love my work, but a few years ago I felt like I was a complete and utter failure and stuck doing dead end jobs for the rest of my life. Things can change very quickly. Keep learning new things and planning for the future and just focus on learning what you can from the situation your in. I'm glad I went through everything I did, as it made me very tough at a young age, and I can deal with anything life throws at me now. I watch friends/colleagues break under pressure in situations that I manage very easily. Learn to do the same, grasshopper!