LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pros of the Tena Slip Maxi over the Bambino Bellissimo?

Hi there, I just recently stumbled upon my last bag of Bellissimo diapers, and now it's time to order more. But I seem to be stuck in this rutt of decision. I really want to get the Tena Slip Maxi's as they've recently been released into the US.

I would hardly call it a step down in any case. Bell's to me are the top of the line as far as with Prints. And As I have now gone through my first bag of Slips, I would have to give them the nod to the best I have tried as far as premium Adult diapers. I will note that I don't think either wick as good as they could front to back, in that, they need help to use up the whole diaper depending on your position when wetting. That due to the large amount of S.A.P. used, but to answer your question why not get a sample of them first and give them a go. I personally think your gonna love them.

Hey Fox,

The best thing for you to do is get samples FIRST, and this canot be reiterated enough. I have watched people go whole hog in buying bags and cases of products that they have never tried and been severely disappointed, instead of being more patient and getting a sample first.

The resaon I mention that is the Tena slip maxies are EXPENSIVE here. They are available through a couple of vendors, but the per unit price is high due to varous reasons. So you would be better off getting a sample or 2 first to try them out :thumbsup:

As for the products themselves, they are actually different critters unto themselves. I consider the Bellisimo to be an extreme extended wear and over night product, simply due to it being so thick and bulky and having a very high capacity.

This doesn't make them really good for 'day wear' due to how bulky they are when dry let alone how much they swell when wet. I have worn a couple and tried the day wear thing on a road trip and they were...well...amazing, but very bulky and swollen when I got to my destination. So much so I could hardly walk right :blush: and found myself being VERY self conscious about any possible bulges and leaks...which I also had.

The Tena slip maxis seem to work well as an extended wear diaper for day or night, but they are slimmer in construction, so more discreet when dry..and though they have a good capacity, they don't swell as much, but still hold a lot, and remain comfortable :thumbsup:

I havn't worn eitherof these items in a while so doing a back to back comparison (for me) is difficult because it has been a while since I tried them both, and the new design changes in the Bellisimo may have altered their dry profile as well as their performance..so take what I say with a bit of a grain of salt :blush:

I have been meaning to order more of each just to try them again and check on improvements or changes in fit and performance, I just havn't had the time or money to do that, but things do change, and I might be doing that soon.

Personally, and this is off your OP, but I would more compare the Tena Slip maxi to the TotalDry xplus (formerly secure Xplus) which happens to be my favorite all around disposable for day and night use. I think they are more comparable to each other than trying to compare the Tena slip maxi to the Bellisimo, they are just to different products that work in different ways////thats my impression anyways.

They both have pretty much the same features, stand up leak guards, waist bands and plastic outer shells. inner construction is really different in placement of SAP and how the acquisition layer works (this is where I think the Bellisimo fails in its wicking) The capacity for both is different as well, being that I feel the Bellisimo has the higher 'potential' for capacity, but it's acquisition and wicking is lacking, resulting in wetness not being disbursed better when the main target area becomes saturated.

The Tena seems to work better here in wetness dispersal and allowing the diaper and SAP to work better at what they do, absorbing and locking away wetness for extended wear to minimize leaks and clumping and the target area doesn't get saturated to the point of being useless.

Take that as you will, as I said I haven't worn either of these in a while, and am looking to order more samples to try and compare.

All I can add is if you are curious about the tena, order a few samples and run them through what ever evaluations you need before you do anything else.

Hope this helps! :)

qwack

I use Tena Maxi at the moment and find the absorbency and capacity to be one of the best on the market. Molicare super plus wicks better but lacks the capacity. You have to remember these are designed for incontinent people so generaly I would say they get more smaller wettings than massive 2 pint wee's if your wetting on purpose. I generally give way at about 300ml of wee and you find that a Tena will really take upto 5-6 hours of use. Before I had problems I could fill 2 pint glasses with pee and that would be a major problem for most diapers in one hit. They need time to soak in the wee and wick. I have not tried the bambinos but I suspect they will have the same problem as the molicare SUper, high SAP content is ok for lots of small wettings but gushes are not good with loads of SAP.