LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

TotalDry Boost Ups vs. Quadro Booster Pads

I just noticed that Bambino are now offering TotalDry Boost Ups, a new kind of booster pad. Does anyone know how these compare to their Quadro booster pads?

Boost-Ups are great. I use them in my SDKs, which basically doubles or even triples their arguably woeful standard capacity.

A word of caution though: Once they reach the saturation point (which is a little vague to be honest...), they often split or burst, so you have to deal with globs of SAP going EVERYWHERE. You should be OK after about two full wettings, but I'd check and/or replace the pad shortly thereafter lest you make a big mess of things.

Also - if you're a male, be sure to position the pad so it basically "cocoons" your penis when you tape/pull up the diaper. Otherwise, fluid will flow around the edge of it before it can wick it away, and you'll end up leaking even SOONER than without one - mostly out of the side flaps. If you can, try to avoid flooding for the same reason. They wick somewhat slowly.

I've had better luck using them in lower-capacity diapers such as (as mentioned) SDKs, Depends, and Tenas. They're basically overkill for the uber diapers like Bambinos or Dry 24/7. The damn diapers swell up so much, they actually fall off your butt due to excess fluid weight!

Believe it or not, they're also excellent as inserts for cloth diapers and can really prolong the times between changes. The benefit being you can just swap out one pad for another if you have a limited supply of cloth -- as I currently do.

How much are you soaking those things to cause them to burst - I mean I can literally wet them multiple times and have never had them burst. Of course if you continue to soak it to the points its like 5 pounds its gonna fail at some point...

I have the two top sizes, and swelled one up to where it should have burst. But it didn't. I would imagine activity and where you place it within the diaper would be a huge contributor to splitting. To far towards the rear and sitting on it would probably stress it out when it got swelled up like mine was. I would imagine and I am going for a small size diaper like mine, that the big one they sell (which I tried) was a bit to much for the diaper, and things got kinda compressed inside...if you get my drift. It was fun up to a point though, then things were getting squished!!!! :huh:

Oh, I totally agree. Here's the thing though: Most diapers will start to leak slightly as they approach their saturation point. Usually, you have enough advance warning to change before you make a big mess. On the other hand, Boost-ups will swell and swell without seeping a drop until BLAM -- they split open and spread SAP everywhere. You won't even notice until you go to change, and globs of the stuff plop to the floor. They can give you a false sense of security due to how much they initially absorb.

That's why I suggested changing them after about two wettings. Any more than that and you're rolling the dice on when they might fail. As far as deliberately overloading them: Look... How many of us have gotten lost in concentration or distracted and simply lost track of how wet our diapers were? I know I have. And I've paid the price with wet pants or bedding a couple times.

All I'm saying is that a little warning would be nice. With Boost-ups - as great as they are - you easily go from "no problemo" to "aww, shit..." without any of the cues common to regular diapers.

From what I can tell the TotalDry's I got from Bambino are close to but not quite up to the same absorbency as the Tena pads we get here in the UK. I.e. they are pretty similar in size/shape/etc. but hold less. I've not compared them with the Attends pads yet, but IMO that's just way too much capacity needed for a diaper anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I really wish you could get the boostups in a variety case like they do with the bambino diapers. I ordered the sample of one of each size with my last order of Tena Maxis and I really would like to just get one bag of each. Unfortunately you get such a huge discount if you order two or more of the same bags.