LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Obesity and Incontinence

• 4 weeks later...

Good to hear that things have settled down- take that as a positive signal that going in the wrong direction has ended so now a turn-around can begin :thumbsup: Sorry to heart tyhat your efforts with the group didn't bear fruit. All we can do is plant the seeds and give them what they need to grow. After that it's out of our hands. Most of the people with problems I've dealt with want someone else to fix them because if they can do that it's easier. It's the old "gtive a man a fish" tale :mellow: You offered them what they needed and they refused your offer- and they would have refused anyone elses similar offer too. Everything in life takes effort and as you said, they wouldn't exert any of that. I don't like calling people a "loser" because I always want to hope, but some people will never win becasuse they will not really try. I have a decent record of helping people get off drugs, yet I couldn't do that with my best friend for the very same reason. You did your best and it was not you who failed. Most importantly at least you tried which is more than a lot of people will do. And even if they are a bit out of your age range and romantic interest, being friends with any lady is a good thing B)

Frank, I don't think your size had anything to do with the way the kids reacted- they are looking for excuses so they will find them. Had you been skinny they would have used that as an excuse saying that you couldn't understand. I hate to say it but some people are hopeless; lost causes that will fail because they were never taught the value of trying even when the odds are against you. We

Frank, I have to agree with Bettypooh. Raw food diets are just too risky, besides they still have every bit the calorie, carbs, etc. of cooked food so there isn't any real benefit to trying it (other than a few extra nutrients).

I would recommend a calorie tracker such as the MyFitnessPal app for the iPad and iPhone. I've used that with some success. It certainly makes you more aware of how much you're eating and how many calories you are burning off with exercise. It will also link to the Fitbit exercise tracker. Basically, limit how much you eat and try to increase the amount of exercise you get. I wouldn't recommend getting into fad diets. There isn't a silver bullet solution.

I "did the math" last night regarding my usual week-day eating. I am a fairly active person and I'm doing fine on 1000 to 1500 calories a day. The lower figure is most weekdays, the higher maybe 1-2 times a week if I feel famished or weak. I take vitamins and supplements to help and it's a fairly well balanced diet (save for dairy products which I need little of). Weekends I might see 2000 calories daily but usually closer to 1500. I drink sweetened tea which may add a few hundred more calories each day. I am losing weight slowly but surely. I do feel hunger but I've gotten used to it and my body has gotten used to working with what I put in it and no more. It took me reaching this point to begin losing weight and now that I'm used to it I can sustain this and still enjoy a treat occasionally. It takes a lot of willpower but I'm doing it because I want to and I'm worth it B)

I think the theory behind the raw food diet is that you get a lot of fiber in the food. Therefore, the calorie density is lower. As a result, you have to shove an awful lot of food in to get the same amount of calories. With all the extra fiber, you'll feel full long before you consume that many calories.

That's how it would work for people who are mildly overweight. In your case, I'm not sure. I would say that you still need to watch how many calories you consume and balance that with the number of calories you burn through exercise. I've been thoroughly disappointed at how few calories heavy exercise actually burn. I can spend half an hour on the treadmill walking 3 mph on a 3 degree incline and only burn about 300 calories.

Look at a calorie counter list sometime. You can easily consume 300 calories at a single meal and that's if you're being careful. Treat yourself to a Big Mac or Whopper and you just ate 700 calories or more in a single sandwich.

Losing weight is not easy. You have to eat less than you burn off with exercise.

I know people who often eat half-pound burgers witgh large fries and a biggie calorie-laden soft drink and never gain a pound :bash: Grrrrr- Makes me jealous! :o Calorie lists, like any statistic, have to be studied carefully. You have to look at the serving size and understand that the cooking process can add calories, as will toppings. As good as salads are for you and for dieting, if you slather them with dressing, cheese, and bacon bits like most people do there is little calorie difference between them and the huge burger you really wanted :rolleyes: And we don't all burn off calories at the same rate- it's all an individual thing.

• 1 month later...

The best ii can recommend is tracking the number of calories you take in. There are apps for the iPad and other tablets ant smart phones that make it easier than in the past. They have databases built in for the various chain restaurants and their menus. MyFitnessPal even includes a bar code scanner. All you have to do is scan the UPC code on the package and the number of calories is automatically displayed.

I just look at how many calories I have left for the day and then decide whether I really want that snack or whether I'd like a reasonable meal later. Being aware of how much you're eating is the first step toward getting it under control.

Try to choose foods that you can live with long term. Otherwise, when you lose the weight, it will come right back when you go back to your old eating habits.

I wish you luck.

Marco wasn't here 15 minutes before Sam came flying into the back yard where we were all sitting on the patio with a pair of my plastic pants in his hands behind his back like an opened parachute. Sam doesn't know I am in diapers and I am very careful to keep everything out of sight but he managed, somehow, to get into the second guest bathroom and pull a pair down from the shower rod. Damage control 1:

Be warned, fasting will actually shut your digestive system down and tell your body to store and conserve as much fat as possible. In the short run this is actually not good for loosing weight.

In the long run though, fasting will help you get used to being hungry and help you to learn that feeling does not mean you need to eat. I personally do this at least once a year just to help remind me of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday was a day of training at work and so we were out of the kitchen and in the executive board room for a day of food trending, healthier products (!!) and some other industry related things. We were also out of uniforms for the day, too, which was a nice break. Any of us rarely see each other in anything but the chef pants and chef coats. I was apprehensive about the day because I know that the only time I leak is when I am sitting and this was going to be a day of sitting pretty much the whole time. Getting ready in the morning, I double-diapered as I have been doing and wore my shirt untucked which I knew would give enough coverage in case there was a leak. I hate to wear shirts untucked because it makes me look so much bigger than I am. The shirts are full cut with those pleats in the back for extra room and even though I have them shortened to be more appropriate for my height, it's just this mass of fabric when not tucked into my pants.

Of course, by the lunch break, I had leaked through in the back. I was smart enough to pull up the shirt so I was not sitting on it which meant it was dry. I checked the damage in the bathroom mirror and the whole seat of my pants was wet but the shirt did give enough coverage. My first thought was "I have to find a new dry cleaner" because these were the same dress pants that I had cleaned last week from the accident at the barbecue party.

This really was the last straw. I simply cannot live the next 50 or so years like this, worrying about diaper malfunctions and wet pants. Wearing diapers is a choice for many and I can accept and appreciate that. But this is not a choice I want to make for myself. I was able to accept being fat and managing with the limitations, in various ways, the obesity brings. But I am simply not able to accept or deal with these diapering issues whatsoever. I am leaking or ripping or something is happening all the time now. The bed is routinely wet since I can only sleep on my side which makes for leaks from the leg openings. We have a plastic mattress cover but washing the sheets every morning is ridiculous. I've ordered plastic diaper covers but they are a custom make (as you can imagine, covers in my size are not a part of a ready inventory) and haven't arrived yet. I've got the start of a diaper rash... I am just done with this.

Yesterday, after the training and even though my pants were wet in the back - I just did not care - I stopped at Sears and bought a set of free weights. I talked to the salesman about treadmills, too, but I am way past the weight limit for the ones they had in stock. It was fine. I will start with the weights. My plan is a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise everyday now before work. I will walk and then work through the weight circuits. It's not going to have immediate maximum impact but it is a start and is more than I have been doing. I've also ordered a punching bag, too, which I can hang on the patio and that will give some good upper body work out, too.

As for the food, I'm going to start eating a proper breakfast (which I haven't done in 3 years probably), pack and take a proper lunch to work (which I have never done) and dinners stay the same because they have never been a problem and I really don't eat much at home and there is never ever junk food or soda around. I have a few ideas on how to change my work routine. I am not going to involve my co-workers in this as 'food police' or anything else as this is not their worry or concern and this is something I must handle on my own or it won't work. I think what's going to motivate me a lot to 'spit out' and 'no automatic eating' is the diaper issue. I simply cannot deal with these diapers any longer. It's a million times worse than the fat. If the Magic Fairy flew in and offered me the change to immediately remove one of these things - zapping off the 300+ pounds or unpinching the nerves or whatever that has created the incontinence - I would happily stay round and jiggly and fat with my enormous belly and my enormous ass and my enormous thighs and my size 18 feet if I could get rid of these damned diapers.

I believe this is the start of the change. I went for a fitting for my new suit this morning and so there was no way to hide the diapers from the tailor when we were in the fitting room together. He was not horrified or shocked even though I was dying from embarrassment. He then said something like he could line the pants from the waist to the mid-thigh with a waterproof fabric that he has worked with before. Apparently, it's some kind of breathable PVC stuff but is waterproof. I told him YES! And I would be bringing in jeans, my other pants and sweats as well.

My wife put my diaper on. My son put my socks on. Our new baby will be here in a few months. I will do everything I can now to make sure there will be only one of us in diapers. And not me.

Thanks for the 'tough love.'

Frank

Friday was a day of training at work and so we were out of the kitchen and in the executive board room for a day of food trending, healthier products (!!) and some other industry related things. We were also out of uniforms for the day, too, which was a nice break. Any of us rarely see each other in anything but the chef pants and chef coats. I was apprehensive about the day because I know that the only time I leak is when I am sitting and this was going to be a day of sitting pretty much the whole time. Getting ready in the morning, I double-diapered as I have been doing and wore my shirt untucked which I knew would give enough coverage in case there was a leak. I hate to wear shirts untucked because it makes me look so much bigger than I am. The shirts are full cut with those pleats in the back for extra room and even though I have them shortened to be more appropriate for my height, it's just this mass of fabric when not tucked into my pants.

Of course, by the lunch break, I had leaked through in the back. I was smart enough to pull up the shirt so I was not sitting on it which meant it was dry. I checked the damage in the bathroom mirror and the whole seat of my pants was wet but the shirt did give enough coverage. My first thought was "I have to find a new dry cleaner" because these were the same dress pants that I had cleaned last week from the accident at the barbecue party.

This really was the last straw. I simply cannot live the next 50 or so years like this, worrying about diaper malfunctions and wet pants. Wearing diapers is a choice for many and I can accept and appreciate that. But this is not a choice I want to make for myself. I was able to accept being fat and managing with the limitations, in various ways, the obesity brings. But I am simply not able to accept or deal with these diapering issues whatsoever. I am leaking or ripping or something is happening all the time now. The bed is routinely wet since I can only sleep on my side which makes for leaks from the leg openings. We have a plastic mattress cover but washing the sheets every morning is ridiculous. I've ordered plastic diaper covers but they are a custom make (as you can imagine, covers in my size are not a part of a ready inventory) and haven't arrived yet. I've got the start of a diaper rash... I am just done with this.

Yesterday, after the training and even though my pants were wet in the back - I just did not care - I stopped at Sears and bought a set of free weights. I talked to the salesman about treadmills, too, but I am way past the weight limit for the ones they had in stock. It was fine. I will start with the weights. My plan is a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise everyday now before work. I will walk and then work through the weight circuits. It's not going to have immediate maximum impact but it is a start and is more than I have been doing. I've also ordered a punching bag, too, which I can hang on the patio and that will give some good upper body work out, too.

As for the food, I'm going to start eating a proper breakfast (which I haven't done in 3 years probably), pack and take a proper lunch to work (which I have never done) and dinners stay the same because they have never been a problem and I really don't eat much at home and there is never ever junk food or soda around. I have a few ideas on how to change my work routine. I am not going to involve my co-workers in this as 'food police' or anything else as this is not their worry or concern and this is something I must handle on my own or it won't work. I think what's going to motivate me a lot to 'spit out' and 'no automatic eating' is the diaper issue. I simply cannot deal with these diapers any longer. It's a million times worse than the fat. If the Magic Fairy flew in and offered me the change to immediately remove one of these things - zapping off the 300+ pounds or unpinching the nerves or whatever that has created the incontinence - I would happily stay round and jiggly and fat with my enormous belly and my enormous ass and my enormous thighs and my size 18 feet if I could get rid of these damned diapers.

I believe this is the start of the change. I went for a fitting for my new suit this morning and so there was no way to hide the diapers from the tailor when we were in the fitting room together. He was not horrified or shocked even though I was dying from embarrassment. He then said something like he could line the pants from the waist to the mid-thigh with a waterproof fabric that he has worked with before. Apparently, it's some kind of breathable PVC stuff but is waterproof. I told him YES! And I would be bringing in jeans, my other pants and sweats as well.

My wife put my diaper on. My son put my socks on. Our new baby will be here in a few months. I will do everything I can now to make sure there will be only one of us in diapers. And not me.

Thanks for the 'tough love.'

Frank

Hey y'all :) I just posted something about my progress in "Getting Thinner" in the "Scoop the Poop" forum. Rather than repost it here, swing over there if you're interested ;)

I will say that after adding an almost-fast on Saturdays I'm finally losing the tummy and I'm almost where I want to be. I'm going to reach my goal B)