LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence as Stigma

Being gay used to be a stigma too (of course way long ago it wasn't). The more society is exposed to adult diaper wearers the more accustomed to it they will become. I'm hoping the baby boomers can help us on that.

Guest DiaperGirlCali

Being gay used to be a stigma too (of course way long ago it wasn't). The more society is exposed to adult diaper wearers the more accustomed to it they will become. I'm hoping the baby boomers can help us on that.

I am new to full bladder incontinence (about 3 months now) and can relate to the stigma issue because not only am I incontinent, I am obese. I realize, too, alot of this might be from being hyper sensitized to being different -- and now doubly so that I am in diapers -- but I can really relate the whole idea of acceptance and tolerance and not judging people because they are different.

Our society, for thinking it's "advanced", is not good at accepting people who don't fit their idea of normal. I don't want to address you by your screen-name because it is self-demeaning. Why can't we look at each for who we are? Frank, I don't know if I'd like you or not, but I can only hope that I'd look past your weight in order to find out who you are.

• 2 weeks later...

FatFrank, you both saddened me as I read your first two paragraphs and made me smile with the last two. I bet I would like you and I bet you are adorable!

• 2 weeks later...

A week or so ago in my shrink session, I observed that I have accepted myself for who I am including my need for diapers and maybe not all things baby, but some. My wife has not at all, however. I'm not sure what in her background makes it so abhorrent, but I do feel that society puts the shame on us. In thinking about it, I thought how some of society's 'shame' is a good thing. Pedophiles, thieves, wife beaters, fathers who pay no child support, etc ought to feel society's shame.

• 3 weeks later...

A week or so ago in my shrink session, I observed that I have accepted myself for who I am including my need for diapers and maybe not all things baby, but some. My wife has not at all, however. I'm not sure what in her background makes it so abhorrent, but I do feel that society puts the shame on us. In thinking about it, I thought how some of society's 'shame' is a good thing. Pedophiles, thieves, wife beaters, fathers who pay no child support, etc ought to feel society's shame.