LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Had Surgery yesterday!

I had the unfortunate pleasure of having laproscopic surgery. It was outpatient, but I didn't leave the hospital until 7:30pm when I had been there since 5:30am. It was the first time ever that I wasn't allowed to leave until I ate and drank without getting nauseous or use the bathroom by myself. Well, the latter issue happened. I had 330 cc's of volume in my bladder, but I couldn't expel it and oh how I tried. Even with my bladder issues as they are, I can still use the potty but I mainly go in my diaper as I leak like a faucet. This time because of where my bandages were I wasn't diapered but I also wasn't leaking. I knew something was not quite right, but at first, the nurse said that my body was still waking up from the anesthesia. This has been the first time ever that I couldn't go on my own and I had to have a straight catheter inserted. It hurt like bloody hell but I was able to go shortly after and I even went in the big girl potty. I came very close to being inpatient last night and orders were written for such, but I was glad that I got to go home and sleep in my own bed. :doctor:

It is very common after you have had an operation on the abdomen; as part of the procedure they have to give you the medical equivalent of curare to stop your abdominal muscles twitching as they make the incisions.

It's a very good idea to be present when they operate on you, otherwise it makes a terrible mess of the operating table.

That is quite funny Freswith. Now, I wouldn't want to make a mess of the operating table that would just be horrid. :whistling:

:( sorry to see that you had to have that done....so much for kidlets in the future ....but at least you are around and healthy! ....Just uncomfortable UGH!

and you didn't make a mess of the operating table! YAY! :thumbsup:

:( sorry to see that you had to have that done....so much for kidlets in the future ....but at least you are around and healthy! ....Just uncomfortable UGH!

and you didn't make a mess of the operating table! YAY! :thumbsup:

Kidlets are still in the future. My husband and I are going to do foster care to adopt besides actually trying for one of our own. Actually Square Duck, I made an error about the surgery, I only had one tube and ovary removed and not the whole thing....so much for typing and taking prescribed narcotics at the same time. It was still laproscopic though. I just cut and pasted the laproscopic, but when I googled the spelling hysterectomy came up and I thought it sounded like the right thing. I will be so glad when the fogginess has subsided and I can be back to my normal self.

Nobody wants to be the Doctor that says i need the S word because that will involve a room full of Doctors each one coming up with what body system of mine he takes care of and what drugs they can't use because of 1.my allergy to it or 2. it has shown to cause a fatal reaction with my disease and there are literally thousands of grugs (like even if i wanted to go out and get a drug habit i'm pretty much limited to pot and heroin because crack cocaine and excasty and ketamine would be fatal) oh yeah i could become an alcoholic also but not a very good one because i'm on high doses of opiates. So pretty much unless its life or bigger chance of death i'll never have surgery! I mean would you want to be the doctor to tell somebodies family surgery went very well but we killed him using a drug we should not have oops sorry!.

• Like 1

Kidlets are still in the future. My husband and I are going to do foster care to adopt besides actually trying for one of our own. Actually Square Duck, I made an error about the surgery, I only had one tube and ovary removed and not the whole thing....so much for typing and taking prescribed narcotics at the same time. It was still laproscopic though. I just cut and pasted the laproscopic, but when I googled the spelling hysterectomy came up and I thought it sounded like the right thing. I will be so glad when the fogginess has subsided and I can be back to my normal self.

I am very happy to be healthy, but it sucks about the pain. I think it is worse than when I had my Gallbladder out...blah!!!

AH! ok....sorry for the confusion :blush: I imagine it still isn't any fun. Good luck either way though, at the very least you can have fun! :D

And there are people and groups that want to legalize drugs....:P heres proof that drugs are BAD! prescribed or not...still bad stuff

Good luck! :D

AH! ok....sorry for the confusion :blush: I imagine it still isn't any fun. Good luck either way though, at the very least you can have fun! :D

And there are people and groups that want to legalize drugs.... :P heres proof that drugs are BAD! prescribed or not...still bad stuff

Good luck! :D

Thanks Square Duck and it is OK really. I am just glad that I still have a chance to have kids of my own. I finally stopped taking the hard stuff the third day that I was recuperating. Now, I am only taking the Ibuprofen 800mg and was told that I can't drive while taking those. I am pretty much going to be taking Tylenol OTC from here on out since I will need to drive to get to work on Monday.

I took 600 to 800 mg of ibuprofen for years before I had my knee replacement. Driving was not an issue, as ibuprofen is not a narcotic.

I know that but my discharge instructions say not to take it and drive. Plus, it was making me a bit drowsy. I am much better with Tylenol anyway.