LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Remember Abdlforums.com....

So I was looking at old ABDL sites that have came and gone. ABDLForums was one. I saw they had a "Buy this domain" link on the page holder page. So i contacted them.... they want $7,500 US Dollars for this domain name...

I would wager that "dpf.com" has lost 90% of it's value, which was mostly due to name recognition: Out of sight: Out of mind"

I wanted one for my business that is being held for ransom like this :( Instead of paying their price I'm doing an end-run onto a new company name that is so close everyone will know who it is- and THAT name hasn't been taken :P Let them keep paying for something they will never sell :ph34r:

When DPF went on the block, I was seriously considering offering to buy it. I didn't do much in the range of research for comps as to value, but in my estimate, they had a storefront, vendor lists, possibly some inventory, name and 'brand' recognition and a large web presents. So for me that 'value' was worth somewhere in the range of $10,000, mostly because of the store and vendor / mailing lists... the site and chat room were kind of a bonus. I heard that Tommy (or marky) wanted some 7 figure amount for the site and domain and I almost fell out of my chair :screwy:

The amount I figured it was worth was already a multiple of what I figured the site would generate in revenue, and it would take a number of years to make that amount back from sales etc. His asking price would have made the site all but impossible to make profitable for decades, so it was just a pie-in-the-sky $$$ amount..:P You have to sell a L*O*T of diapers and plastic pants (with a markup) to get any kind of significant return for that $$$

Since then, as we know the domain "DPF" has been bought and now deals in a completely different area unrelated to what DPF used to be. Oh well..

As for ABDLForums, all I know is that is a forum, no store, or anything else to offer, no real 'brand'name or recognition. I barely remember it ever being mentioned! So wheres the 'value'? There isn't any. Even at $7,500 as mentioned, how would you get any kind of return on your investment if there isn't any kind of revenue generating entity with the site (IE a storefront)?? so me thinks someone is dreaming :P Unless there is more to the site than than I know of, or they are relying on memberships to the site as a source of revenue...It's not gonna happen!

NOTE: I just did a search for 'DPF.Com" and it turns out the domain name is up for sale...again. 'Diaper pail Friends' isn't listed anywhere except for being mentioned in various website discussions...sooooooo DPF might pop up again with a new owner in the future...who knows??

As for ABDLForums, all I know is that is a forum, no store, or anything else to offer, no real 'brand'name or recognition. I barely remember it ever being mentioned! So wheres the 'value'? There isn't any.