LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ask A Stupid Question...

There are people from all racial backgrounds into this, but yes it seems to be predominantly a caucasian thing :whistling: As expensive as diapers can be I believe it more affluence-related than anything and there is still a lot of disparity in that area between the races.

There are socio-economic factors associated with how people access and use the internet to consider. If, for example, you only have one device for your primary access of the internet, you're likely to gravitate towards sites that work well with that device (a lot of sites have not been designed well for smart phone access) and how much time you spend on those sites. Most one-device people now gravitate towards the smart phones, where slower internet access and data plan limits are also considerations.

On average there are socio-economic differences across race-based and ethnic groups in the U.S. It's becoming an increasingly important factor in website design as content providers (and ad providers) want to reach out to as big an audience as possible at the same time that we're seeing an increasing set of devices and screen sizes in use (especially vs. the old 15" monitors that most people had once PCs became popular). If a site looks or works like crap with lots of scrolling, etc., on some device, visitors are less likely to return to that site. (I only access DD on a desktop, so I don't know how it appears on other devices.)

So it may not necessarily be predominantly a caucasian thing. But socio-economic factors can impact both how easy it is for diaper hobbyists to access diapers and how easy it is to participate in sites like this one. That in turn could then make a perusal of the profiles of this site suggest that it's a very white group, which might feel less inviting.

Search engines are also now factoring in device-appropriateness and cost of loading in their ranking algorithms for devices with slower internet access, such as phones. I don't know how they DD when compared to other diaper-related pages that could be returned, of course, but people have to find the site before they can use it.

I have seen and met people from many socio-economic slices of life who are into this for what ever reason. Yes it 'happens' to be populated predominantly by Caucasians, but as I said, I have MET others of different 'racial' make up, but it really doesn't matter as we all wear the same underwear :P

This 'interest' cuts across all sectors of society, from business people, military, Government employees, police and fire personnel, hospital workers, trash collectors, college students and the unemployed or 'under' employed.

It could be that some people prefer to be able to post pics and others (such as myself) prefer NOT to, for personal (or professional) reasons :P or as mentioned, access to 'technology' or financial factors might have an effect as well. I have seen some ppeople come into chat stating that they were on a Library comp, since they didn't have one or their had died etc.

So it could be any number of things, but I really don't think this is strictly a 'Caucasian only" interest or fetish, as there are members here from around the world, if you check the map.

But in the end......does it really matter?

Thank you all for your input. You'll have to excuse me. I have no experience in our community. I don't mean just here at DD (which I'm so happy to have found BTW), but in the AB/DL community in general. I have really never taken the chance to talk to like minded people. I did once and it was enough to keep me away. I'm loaded with questions and so edger to have people to talk too.

I just like to add. I'm Native American. I don't know if I'm the first? I haven't crossed another AB/DL who is N.M. too.

When I first discovered other AB/DL's. I realized we come from all walks of life. Which is cool. I'm glad it's not just one race thing, sex, culture, etc, or else I think it would be different.

Something else to consider, at least in the US:

Most black families have had direct experience with abuses of power...a ridiculous proportion of black men (like 25%) are in jail. Under those circumstances, I would be very reluctant to leave anything of myself here, much less a risky picture showing my black race.

Also, black attitudes towards sex are a bit less prissy than those of us WASPs....wasps are afraid of gays, etc, but black people simply talk about someone being "funny" or "queer as a three dollar bill". Even if that doesn't change the incidence of AB or DL in the population, it will affect the degree of need for the kind of support offered here on DailyDi or other diaper sites, as opposed to simply acting on those feelings in an in-person context.

Now, do keep in mind that i am speaking very much in general and "on average" here, and that I am very much a white person. The grass may not actually be greener on the black side.

Here in SC we have a higher percentage of our people in lock-up than any other state :( The numbers correlate closely to the racial make-up of the state so I don't think there's a problem there, it's that the judges here are sentence-happy and the people rather poor overall so we do time, not pay fines :P Bubba-Cop is still alive and well in the small towns here, and that is where the sentencing of minorities is the highest