LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Mum Has Found Out But She Hasn't Said Anything To Me. What Should I Do?

If you don't want her to think you feel you can't talk to her about it, then talk to her about it.

From your various related posts it's clear that you've had a lifetime of related medical problems that your family knows about, you're facing the prospect of serious, related surgery, you are in touch about all of this with your doctor, and your body has progressed to the point where you have a legitimate concern regarding accidents. Those are all good reasons to talk to your family about this, especially because you're living at home. And because your mom does know about your related medical history, finding the diaper could actually worry her.

Following prostate surgery my dad now wears diapers. We all know it. I've been with him at the store when he's bought diapers. If he were to fly out here to stay with me for a while, I'd buy his brand to have on hand so he wouldn't have to carry an extra diaper-filled suitcase. Diapers have a legitimate medical purpose and that certainly can be handled matter of fact-ly in the home with the family.

If there is also a DL or AB component to this, your mom doesn't need to know about that part.

She probably won't forget but it's possible she just decided it's none of her business. Not everyone needs to know everything about you and I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping certain types of things secret from your parents.

She probably won't forget but it's possible she just decided it's none of her business. Not everyone needs to know everything about you and I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping certain types of things secret from your parents.

I am going to explain that I am using them in case I can't make it to the toilet and that it makes me feel safe knowing that they're there. Like I say I'm just waiting until no one else is around so I don't feel embarrassed telling everyone.

Well that went better than expected. I walked in to the sitting room and my mum just said to me "did you leave an incontinence pad in the washing basket?" which I obviously replied yes and she said to my sister that she knew she wasn't going crazy and then said that I shouldn't feel stupid about getting them and that I should have just told her about it.

Hey Shaun....

There are a lot of people on DailyDi who don't love their diapers, but find this site the best because of its positive attitude. There are others here, including myself, who at your age found diapers quite a sexual turn-on. A decade or so later I was having anxiety problems from an abusive girlfriend, and told my shrink, thinking it was part of my problem. I have mentioned it to other shrinks, and all of them have ignored me on that subject. One was curious and reminded me to be discreet, but that's it. My doctor cares because I had been having accidents lately, in addition to gut pain, and my urologist assumed a different problem until I had lots of trouble peeing a sample for him, then it was clear the issue was trouble relaxing the sphincters.

As i said before... If you are more comfortable in diapers, wear them! There is a possibility in your case that they might even prevent an accident, because you are more relaxed. And don't be afraid not to use them, either....poop accidents are no fun to clean up.

Sara_ab

Shaun isn't exactly healthy, and cannot be expected to follow the usual path. But, i agree...Shaun should be making his own appointments.

As for dentists, both my dentist and Dr 's office have taken to calling with reminders the week before...I schedule my dental checkups as part of the checkup visit itself, and write them in a black appointment book.

Shaun:

You really need to see an endocrinologist, not just a GP.

If you don't want her to think you feel you can't talk to her about it, then talk to her about it.

From your various related posts it's clear that you've had a lifetime of related medical problems that your family knows about, you're facing the prospect of serious, related surgery, you are in touch about all of this with your doctor, and your body has progressed to the point where you have a legitimate concern regarding accidents. Those are all good reasons to talk to your family about this, especially because you're living at home. And because your mom does know about your related medical history, finding the diaper could actually worry her.

Following prostate surgery my dad now wears diapers. We all know it. I've been with him at the store when he's bought diapers. If he were to fly out here to stay with me for a while, I'd buy his brand to have on hand so he wouldn't have to carry an extra diaper-filled suitcase. Diapers have a legitimate medical purpose and that certainly can be handled matter of fact-ly in the home with the family.

If there is also a DL or AB component to this, your mom doesn't need to know about that part.

I agree with this. It makes the whole

21 years old and your mother still contacts your dr? might wanna get on that.....

It's really hard to do things when you have Short Term Memory Loss :/ otherwise I would be taking care of this myself.

Sara_ab

Shaun isn't exactly healthy, and cannot be expected to follow the usual path. But, i agree...Shaun should be making his own appointments.

As for dentists, both my dentist and Dr 's office have taken to calling with reminders the week before...I schedule my dental checkups as part of the checkup visit itself, and write them in a black appointment book.

Shaun:

You really need to see an endocrinologist, not just a GP.

Forgot to mention that my appointments are with a surgeon. my bad :/ I was sent to see him after discussions with my consultant about the problems starting again and he said instead of being passed from doctor to doctor again he would hand me straight over to the surgeon.

The issue I see here is that I think chopping out part of your guts is a poor method of managing an underlying problem with your endocrine system, especially if less radical methods will work.

I think it is very important to get the underlying issue under control.

And, as part of becoming more grown up, find out how other people cope with the kind of memory issues you have and start making and tracking your own appointments.

Good luck at the surgeon's!

The issue I see here is that I think chopping out part of your guts is a poor method of managing an underlying problem with your endocrine system, especially if less radical methods will work.

I think it is very important to get the underlying issue under control.

And, as part of becoming more grown up, find out how other people cope with the kind of memory issues you have and start making and tracking your own appointments.

Good luck at the surgeon's!

Thank you for your advice. I think that's the reason I've been told to wait as long as I can so I can try find a better solution.

Thanks again

Shaun

Here is my suggestion is that maybe you should talk to your mom because if you have brought up about your bowel problems then maybe she will understand ya' know?

• Like 1