LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Police Week

In the US youre statistically more like to be killed by a cop than a terrorist, whens terrorist appreciation week? (/facetious post)

Yah, I get it, an attempt at a little humor (very little) - however I have to agree the loose statistical statement is true,

but if you are attempting to point out flaws - you loose with that one!

It proves that at least when it comes to terrorists, someone IS doing something right.

Just consider the statement you made - now add if if a law enforcement officer dose kill someone, weather it's justified or not is irrelevant, they are likely to only kill one MAYBE two people per incident, a terrorist on the other hand is likely to take out at least tens..

That is assuming the did there homework, the bomb builder knew what they were doing, exc.

I just wonder how many of the 583 people killed by law enforcement in 2012 had just murdered someone, drawn and fired on a police officer or just pulled a gun or weapon on someone.

Okay, if we really HAVE to do this.

It was a joke, of course no offense was meant. I understand your point of view Angela but your first sentence was too silly to give your point credence. The fact that you feel the need to cite the largest act of terrorism in history to defend the consistently high level of murders commited by police does almost the opposite of make your point. Most jokes are based on reflecting reality and what i stated was true whether you like it or not.

I understand that it is the actions of the few that tar the reputation of the many as Soaked points out but when actions are of those charged with protecting society such scrutiny is necessary. Angela, your circumstances clearly give you a bias and thats fine im sure youve known many good, honest cops but you have to keep your mind open to the fact that your experience with police is going to be very different to a vast majority of other people.

Im not saying all cops are bad, never have but i do tire of hearing about the endless abuses of power and uses of excess and lethal force which any informed person is aware of.

I wish there were more good cops out there as the ones ive encounter have a tendancy towards a narrow minded, racist, conservatism which can so easily lead to abuse of power. I would love to hear of more cases of the good helping to fight the bad as it is the best thing for everyone in society. However it seems that IA is often vilified as much as felons themselves.

Red, you just terrified me with the statement "whether its justified or not is irrelevent", i disagree in the strongest possible terms. To follow that up with a defense of terrorists kill more people worries me further. The intent of a terrorist is to kill people, this should not be the intent of a police force. The fact that the figures can be compared is disgusting, the further fact that police still kill more Americans than terrorists is just incredibly depressing. It is this that gives me pause when celebrating the enforcers of law.

Now that you have my point of reference on this matter, all of which i hadnt intended to bring up here but has been made necessary, back to the point in hand. It was a joke, no joke which is not aimed at an individual should ever be apologised for. jokes are part of free speech and an important one as in making light of something you remove the fear associated with and give it less power over you. Which is why tyrancial regimes are so militant about policing such speech.

Again, for clarity. I attacked no one, that the statement was not intending to do harm as is clear. You can disagree, everyones entitled to an opinion which is what makes the world such a great place. I wish no one on this board ill, which judging by the occasionally harsh reaction to a lot of posters, especially newbies, is more than can be said for some here. If you were offended then i am sorry to you but i will not apologise to the police forces for thier actions when they rarely have the consideration to do the same when its thier fingers on the trigger/hands on the baton.

You feel oppression or intimidation by the police?? then you have to ask yourself why, and what you are doing that is wrong. Are you interfering with other peoples rights and freedoms?

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/21/2042651/california-police-beat-man-nearly-to-death-for-asking-to-read-his-ticket/?fb_action_ids=10200292838101444&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582&mobile=wt

I dont believe i asked for your opinion either but i wouldnt be so rude as to deny you it. Lets not let this roll on any further as nothing good will come over of it. Once again, i apologise for causing any unintentional upset, especially to you Angela, and ill say no more about it.

It's somewhat morbidly hilarious and certainly tragic that police get a whole appreciation week which overlaps with and overshadows International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (i.e. today), considering who the oppressors at Stonewall were and in many ways still are.

Guest *~Andi~*

Ah, that one week of the year where we celebrate murderers. Thank you, oppressors of my rights and heavy hand of the government! What would we do without you?

• Like 1

ummm yea right Rex... let me not thank the police for stepping in and saving myself and my daughter from an abusive man... one who put her in the hospital at the bright old age of 4 months! DAMN POLICE. Youre right. HOW COULD THEY! Horrible people... wtf?

I am glad that someone was there to help you and your daughter when you needed it. I hope that you both are safe now and living a great life without abuse.

People seem to think that just because The United States is what is commonly known as a "free country" that they can just do what ever they want and are 'free' to do so. This is one of the biggest misunderstandings on the frigging planet, yet one that causes a lot of anger and 'frustration' because people mistakenly believe that if this is a 'free country' that there shouldn't be any police.

The fact is this.....LEARN THIS

Yes this is a 'free country', and we all have the same 'rights'. You can essentially do what ever you want, but you are NOT free nor do you have the right to impose on anyone elses' freedom, or interfere with their rights or freedoms. PERIOD!

THAT is why we have a police force. To keep destructive, predators and ignorant people who are looking to abuse others, or take advantage of others or commit crimes because they don't "get it", away from and from interfering with, those of use who DO 'get it' and who understand how and why this country works.

You feel oppression or intimidation by the police?? then you have to ask yourself why, and what you are doing that is wrong. Are you interfering with other peoples rights and freedoms?

Personally, I live my life, mind my own business, don't bother anyone and go about my day in a reasonable fashion and I don't have any issues or problems with police. I got stopped a while ago because the license plate lights on my car had burned out and I didn't know about it...and the officer was very friendly and helpful and just mentioned it as he went off on his way, and I thanked him for his help :) No biggie, the next day I stopped by an auto supply store and bought new bulbs and fixed the problem...was I hassled or harassed?? was I threatened...no, just one person helping another with a small issue....BFD.

IF I was speeding, driving erratically and / or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then it would have been a different issue, because I made a bad choice to do such things when they are not the right thing to do. I don't have the right to jeopardize other peoples safety by opperating a piece of heavy equiptment (car) in public while impaired with a controlled substance. I KNOW THIS!

SO yes there is abuse of power by the police, yes there are bad Cops, yes things happen because pepople are stupid and do stupid things, and many of them deserve what they get.

Freedom is not free, and is a responsibility. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else. Try living in a Police state, like North Korea and see what you get away with :P

We live in the society we have to day, with cameras everywhere and extra police and other stuff BECAUSE of ignorant people who abuse the Ideas of "Freedom' we have here, and take it literally that they can do what ever they want and not have to suffer consequences for their actions...The Boston Bomber is one such case, and I am sure the remaining kid in jail is still scratching his head wondering what he did wrong if this is a "free country"

Yes this is a "Free country" but you are NOT free to commit crimes against others who share the same freedoms and rights, or hurt them or interfere with their lives if they aren't bothering anyone.

If you don't like it or don't "get it", then shut up and leave...find a better place, and don't whine and complain when it doesn't work out the way that YOU thought it should. :badmood:

• Like 2

Was at a school star party tonight and a couple of cops were there. There were massive lines and the two jerks walked right up to the scope and asked what I had it pointed at. I told them and then said, "pretty long line, huh?", gesturing toward the end. Fortunately they took the hint and moved on (they weren't about to stand in line, they're "too good" for that). Police think they are better than everyone else, but in reality they are public servants.

I could tell a bunch more stories (falsely accused, harrassed, etc, I have an anxiety problem and they always think I'm hiding something). Suffice it to say I know police serve a function (collecting evidence), but that doesn't mean I have to like them.