LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Covers

First, in the cloth diaper culture, as shown in a video of recent vintage that I put here a few weeks agok they are not calleed "diaper covers"; they are called "rubber panties" or "rubber pants" though technically it is plastic. The Urban Dictionary also lists "rubber diapers"

Second, everything that I have read about wraps say that they are not good for active or ambulatory infants

Interestingly, my considerably younger sister (who's something of a new-age hippy) uses the term "diaper cover" to distinguish what she sees as a modern era cloth diaper component from more traditional/old-school rubber pants.

at 25 you would not know that, which is why I made sure to state clearly that it was part of a culture that did not include AIO's or wraps. The outer layer of an AIO would be a cover as would a wrap both fairly new. Many modern sellers on Ebay calle the panties "diaper covers". The same could be said of the "Pocket diaper". All of these are new within AFAIK the last 20 years

Technically, therefore medicall and commercially, they are plastic pantie. But I am talking about the culture and the overwhelmingly and intergenerationally used term seems to be "rubber pants" or "panties". Lacking a fly they are panties and were called that in families where all the children were girls back when I was little and in the discussions at Wetville. In the vidoe I left the mommy could not have been older thant 30 and was more likely 25 and some decade ago, Howie Carr of WRKO AM 680 Boston called them rubber and he was about 51. So I think "rubber panties" would be "correct by [overwhelming] usage" since Baby Boomers would have learned the term from their parents so it would have survived two generation, one of them being the largest in human history