LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lucasfilm Bought By Disney, Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Announced!

Mischa

Yeah I was talking about American Graffiti and THX-1138. I'm well aware he didn't direct the only good Star Wars movies. I'm not really a fan of A New Hope although it's certainly better than the prequels. Empire and RotJ even are so much better. Much better pacing in particular.

To say Disney ruined Marvel is madness. From everything I have heard they take an entirely hands off approach with Marvel's film production not unlike Pixar and there's no denying since Marvel began making their own films they have been both critically and finacially successful. Marvel is also doing way more interesting and better written stuff in their comics now than DC is. Man DC is such a goddamn mess.

Marvel is also doing way more interesting and better written stuff in their comics now than DC is. Man DC is such a goddamn mess.

DC would leave the comic books along and quit changing the characters. They would be better off. The New 52 reboot is a disaster. Though I am glad to see Barbara back as Batgirl. Where she belongs. Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown sucked big time as Batgirl

I love Cassandra Cain! I agree though that in general New 52 blows. There's a few interesting things, although I'm not sure I'd call them good. Like Batwoman is interesting, has kinda neat artwork but ultimately I lost interest in it pretty damn fast due to really boring writing. Some of the stuff being done with the Earth 2 book, again kinda interesting but ultimately not great. The world as a whole now is totally messed up though.

If they wanted to do something like this, with starting their world over at zero they really should have looked at what Marvel did with the Ultimate universe which imo works really well.

I wouldn't say that. The Avengers was pretty good. As for the Star Wars Movies. What is left? Darth Vader and the Emperor is dead. The Empire is no more.

There's the Expanded Universe to consider

The Empire didn't actually die after the Battle of Endor, it lost most of its power, allowing the New Republic to form, but aspects of the Empire remained for many years

Chewbacca was mentioned to die 25 years after the battle of Yavin (the destruction of the first Death Star), this may be mentioned in one of the first films, if not shown

There's the Expanded Universe to consider

The Empire didn't actually die after the Battle of Endor, it lost most of its power, allowing the New Republic to form, but aspects of the Empire remained for many years

Chewbacca was mentioned to die 25 years after the battle of Yavin (the destruction of the first Death Star), this may be mentioned in one of the first films, if not shown

You do have the whole Rebels being actual terrorist. I'm sure the rank and file space citizens in the Star Wars Universe weren't terribly fond of the Jedi Knights, they sort of elitist and bullies. The rebels were terrorist, so they're probably not that popular either, and probably being a law abiding citizen of the Empire wasn't a bad deal. The more I watch the movies, the more I realize that we were cheering for the wrong guys.

You do have the whole Rebels being actual terrorist. I'm sure the rank and file space citizens in the Star Wars Universe weren't terribly fond of the Jedi Knights, they sort of elitist and bullies. The rebels were terrorist, so they're probably not that popular either, and probably being a law abiding citizen of the Empire wasn't a bad deal. The more I watch the movies, the more I realize that we were cheering for the wrong guys.

I have always found the Jedi's path of cutting off oneself from emotions rather repugnant, even as someone who's not terribly emotional. The Jedi kind of advocate the same thing the bad guys do in Equilibrium.

That'd be believable if the Empire wasn't run by a Sith Lord.

Saying someone is evil isn't the same as them actually being evil. Especially in the original trilogy we don't exactly see a lot of the Empire doing much more than acting as a state in war to oppose terrorists. These Sith don't really do much other than get made fun of by their officers. You have to show that someone is evil for me to actually think they are. That was my main problem with Lost. We are told repeatedly that Jacob is "good" and the Man in Black is "evil" but by their actions Jacob seems much more evil by any common definition. That is a whole can of worms though probably better left for it's own thread and not here.

Saying someone is evil isn't the same as them actually being evil. Especially in the original trilogy we don't exactly see a lot of the Empire doing much more than acting as a state in war to oppose terrorists. These Sith don't really do much other than get made fun of by their officers. You have to show that someone is evil for me to actually think they are. That was my main problem with Lost. We are told repeatedly that Jacob is "good" and the Man in Black is "evil" but by their actions Jacob seems much more evil by any common definition. That is a whole can of worms though probably better left for it's own thread and not here.

You don't call blowing up a planet with the Death Star evil? All those innocent lives lost because Lela wouldn't tell Darth Vader where the rebel base was at.

But all we have is the perspective of the rebels. For all we know, Alderaan was harboring terrorists, and Grand Moff Tarkin had every intention of destroying the planet. He was just toying with Lea to get information from her before knocking off the planet.

Ok, that was probably a war crime, and it is obvious the Empire had some pretty lousy workmen's comp laws, because the Death Star's doors were traps.

I always felt sorry for the all the contractors working on the Death Star. An battle station that big had to have a large infrastructure to support those people, especially in the 2nd Death Star. They had to be thousands of civil employees working on that thing when the Rebels blew it up, and Luke could have stopped all that by joining Vader and destroying the Emperor on the Cloud City.

According to Wookieepedia:

Alderaan was a peaceful world, the planet largely opposed the Military Creation Act which was the start of the Grand Army of the Republic. They had a defense force, but were still largely peaceful. They were loyal to the Republic and democracy, not the totalitarianism of the Empire, which was why the planet was destroyed.

According to Wookieepedia:

Alderaan was a peaceful world, the planet largely opposed the Military Creation Act which was the start of the Grand Army of the Republic. They had a defense force, but were still largely peaceful. They were loyal to the Republic and democracy, not the totalitarianism of the Empire, which was why the planet was destroyed.

And you believe that Rebel propaganda :thumbsup: Of course they would say something, it was written by Rebel sympathizers. Here is another perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE.