LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Amazing Proof Of Memories From Infancy

i was recently messing around on youtube when i came across the 1983 HBO logo that they played before every movie, and it triggered some sort of crazy subconcious memory from childhood (i was born in 1981). I google searched "movies released in 1984 (thinking that it used to typically take about a year before movies made it to VHS) and I vividly remember seeing alot of the movies of that year! if i look a year prior, they dont look nearly as memorable.

the site i was looking at is the-numbers.com and it shows nearly every theatrical release for any given year.

accoring to this info, my ea rliest memories are as soon as 2.5 years old, which tells me that i have memories from when i was in diapers for sure.

Id love for some others to search a few years after their birth and see if the movies ring a bell and let me know if its true or just coinsidance that i remember nothing from 1983 but from 1984 and on everthing is foggy but preasent!

check it out and let me know what you come up with!

Interesting story, but not really sure it qualifies as "proof"...for instance, there was one HBO logo from around that time period that would play before everything - be it feature presentation, HBO original, whatever...around the time that "Fraggle Rock" was on there, so early 80's...I saw it again once at a motel in the late 90's. I couldn't believe it. Thought they had canned it years ago. I think it is entirely possible you saw it again when you were a bit older. The mind is funny that way...memories can change the more you think back on events, which is why it's virtually impossible to get convicted in a court of law these days based only on eyewitness testimony. Then again, I do remember a dream I had once...not sure how old I was, but young enough to have to be in a car seat...I don't know, I think it's kind of suspect, and falls short of "proof", but you never know! Interesting story, once again.

er... proof it aint. we all have the odd memore from infancy but most of them are unreliable. they MAY be correct, but there's no way to be sure. memory has that odd habit of morphing over time so that you are totally confident of soemthing that never happened.

• Like 1

I remember taking a bath in a sink before my younger bro was born. He is 2 yrs younger. I also remember my crib having 2 bars missing. I was able to get out of it lol.

I have a few memories from before I turned 3. Seeing my baby sister in the hospital when she was born which would put me at 2 and a half. Watching the torch run and seeing fireworks for the first time at the 88' Olympics a few months later. And a few vauge memories about potty training.

As Rosalie has said, memory is a tricky thing but I’m still reasonably certain I have a few memories from diaper days.

The ‘stand out’ examples are infant photographs of myself where there is clear, photographic evidence of my diapered state and yet where I have additional memories of the situation being photographed above and beyond what is visible that I’ve been able to verify with older relatives.

This leaves me with a handful of memories relating to situations where I know for certain, I was wearing nappies and one memory where I know that nappy must have been at least wet.

The thing is, I can’t remember ANYTHING about the nappies themselves – only where I was and what I was doing or thinking.

My speculative explanation for that my nappies were not memorable to me – like air and gravity, I took it for granted that I wore my toilet and thus the absence of any experienced alternative made memory of this situation irrelevent.

I too remember nothing of wearing diapers as a kid despite having many vivid memories starting when I was about 1.5. I lived in an apartment with my parents until just before my 2 year old birthday when we moved. I still remember going for walks, playing with toys in the backyard, and even remembered the neighbors names. I've always had an extraordinary memory. I think this is partly to blame for being an AB.

None of this is proof. Ever talked to a 4-6 year old and convinced them of something that never happened? try it, its increidble easy, just say "remember when you were younger and we went to disneyworld and you met mickey mouse?" keep talking about it and they will suddenly 'remember' and will be convinced it happened, even when you t hen tell them it never did.

As child we are constantly hearing stories about when we were younger, seeing photos and home videos of where we lived, or us as a child. Its only natural our brain will morph all this stimuli into its own version of what happened, meaning we might see a picture of us on a changing table, and hear our parents laugh about how we would always pee the minute our diaper was off, and our brains will 'create' a memory... we are not actually remembering a true event.. but rather our brain is making sense of data given to us. Likewise, we are always changing our memories depending on our current emotional state when we 'remember' the event, and we will assign information to the memories based on what we assume should have happened.... Its not bad, its just how the human brain works.

an extremely rare amount of people actually have solid memories prior to the preschool years (4ish)... i.e. the amount of people in this thread compared to the total number of members here exceeds the statistics...

As for 'remembering' an hbo logo... reruns, internet clips, home recordings will all have this logo. its highly unlikely you remember a tv logo from your toddler/infancy years... highly highly unlikely.

nothing said here is anything more than the brain pretending something is a true memory. There is absolutely no proof of an actual memory from toddlerhood/infancy.