LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Upside To Congestive Heart Failure

There's a silver lining to everything if you look hard enough... here's mine:

Brief primer on CHF: No, it's not a heart attack (altho that's a cause) or instant death. What happens is, the heart function has decreased to where fluid bulids up in the body instead of, uh, whizzing out. (No, you're not buliding up pee-- just, fluid doesn't get to the kidneys to turn INTO pee.) Ok, enough primer.

Treatment? Diuretics. In my case, a nifty little prescription drug called Furosemide. My daily scrip is two 40mg tabs a day, but I found I can stay off the stuff entirely if I stick to a reasonably low-sodium diet (no more Ramen Noodles for me).

This pretty powerful stuff-- when I first went on it, I quickly learned to take my evening dose long before I went to sleep, or I'd be running to the bathroom all night. (The only diapers I had at the time were Depends, I would have went broke with changing them all the time.)

Since then, I've found that if I pop two 40 mg tabs together, the result is a couple hours of UNCONTROLLED WETTING. We're talking floods every ten minutes. It is not a voluntary choice to pee-- it's Thank God I'm Wearing A Diaper!

It's not something I do all the time-- I imagine the stuff hammers the kidneys pretty hard, and like I said I control my diet so I don't need to take it even as a regular dosage. But it's fun to drop a couple down and, 20 minutes later, be wetting as urgently and uncontrollably as a baby. Droopy soggy diapers indeed.

wv

There is no such thing as an upside to congestive heart failure. It's called heart FAILURE for a reason. Eventually, the fluid will build up around your heart to the point that your heart will no longer function. Your legs will swell to the size of tree trunks. You won't be able to walk. Your legs will be so swollen, the very skin on them won't be able to stretch anymore, and will break. This will be painful. Sooner or later, because of the fluid around the heart, it will cease to function. I've seen it all too often...

Sorry to hear about your recent CHF. Take your pills and watch your diet! After reading your post I understood right away that you were not promoting CHF in any way or even implying that it's a good thing to have, just having a little fun with it since you have to deal with it anyways. It’s the same rationale as being incontinent and trying to make something positive out of wearing diapers. Take care!

Treatment? Diuretics. In my case, a nifty little prescription drug called Furosemide. My daily scrip is two 40mg tabs a day, but I found I can stay off the stuff entirely if I stick to a reasonably low-sodium diet (no more Ramen Noodles for me).

this drug is also called Lasix, why, cause it is susposed to LAst SIX hours, oh yes it makes you go quite well. after i had my heart surgery at 12 years old i was on it for about a year, and i actually had a note to get out of class for the bathroom at anypoint i needed to.

There's a silver lining to everything if you look hard enough... here's mine:

Brief primer on CHF: No, it's not a heart attack (altho that's a cause) or instant death. What happens is, the heart function has decreased to where fluid bulids up in the body instead of, uh, whizzing out. (No, you're not buliding up pee-- just, fluid doesn't get to the kidneys to turn INTO pee.) Ok, enough primer.

This pretty powerful stuff-- when I first went on it, I quickly learned to take my evening dose long before I went to sleep, or I'd be running to the bathroom all night. (The only diapers I had at the time were Depends, I would have went broke with changing them all the time.)

Since then, I've found that if I pop two 40 mg tabs together, the result is a couple hours of UNCONTROLLED WETTING. We're talking floods every ten minutes. It is not a voluntary choice to pee-- it's Thank God I'm Wearing A Diaper!

It's not something I do all the time-- I imagine the stuff hammers the kidneys pretty hard, and like I said I control my diet so I don't need to take it even as a regular dosage. But it's fun to drop a couple down and, 20 minutes later, be wetting as urgently and uncontrollably as a baby. Droopy soggy diapers indeed.

wv

Hey all I can say is take care of yourself. See the doc as often as necessary. If you smoke, you should quit.

I like reading your stuff.

If you are six feet under, it is a bad thing.

Take care!

• 4 weeks later...

As a Paramedic I can give Fruosemide IV.

It is a very very powerful drug and it will do you serious damage if you take too much on a regular basis. However I cannot see that it would be that bad if you only did two tablets once every couple of months.

*Please do not take this as medical advice but rather just what I know. I am NOT a doctor and nor can i prescribe drugs or promote the willful overdose of medications.*

Don't you know that life is invariably fatal? There are no counterexamples....

Don't you know I was putting a sarcastic spin on the first message by taking a potentially deadly disease and putting it in a positive light like the original poster did? Don't you think I know that life is a miniscule retreat from death and darkness and that to think about it that way makes me 'goth' or 'emo?'

Get a sense of humor... Sheesh.