LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking For Some Advice

Hi,

I have wet the bed on and off for years - especially from when I was born until age 12. Then just recently, I started wetting the bed again. So I have been wearing depends (protection with tabs) diaper. The only thing is, I am going on a conference for work and I am sharing a hotel room with a colleague. I am not sure if I am going to get away with wearing a diaper to bed, without her noticing, ie. bulkyness and crinkling sound it makes. Also, there is the issue of disposing the diaper when I wet it. I don't want to not wear a diaper to bed, because I may very well wet the bed and my pjs and myself which would be even more embarrasing.

Can someone please help!! I really need some good advice.

Switch over to a cloth like cover for the trip. Depends makes them as well. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_038V003453875000P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=33-80291098-2 . You can get them at Kmart or Wal-Mart Wear some big girl panties over them and maybe some regular long jammie bottoms. Dispose of them in a separate bag if used. Later in the afternoon when you are alone. It's not a big deal. Better safe than sorry.

Hi,

I have wet the bed on and off for years - especially from when I was born until age 12. Then just recently, I started wetting the bed again. So I have been wearing depends (protection with tabs) diaper. The only thing is, I am going on a conference for work and I am sharing a hotel room with a colleague. I am not sure if I am going to get away with wearing a diaper to bed, without her noticing, ie. bulkyness and crinkling sound it makes. Also, there is the issue of disposing the diaper when I wet it. I don't want to not wear a diaper to bed, because I may very well wet the bed and my pjs and myself which would be even more embarrasing.

Many people challenged by all forms of incontinence function productively and responsibly in society.

I reverted to bedwetting shortly after reaching puberty and lost all by day urine control the summer I turned 21, while moving to law school. I have been a partner of my law firm since 1993, so I have spent a whole lot of nights in hotels on business.

My suggestion is to pack your own waterproof sheet, to protect the hotel's mattress. Bring a supply of disposal baggies. Put every wet diaper into a disposal baggie as soon as you change.

Since you will be sharing a hotel room, I suggest being as discreet as possible putting the waterproof sheet on your bed. Then I would put on your diaper in the bathroom. Your Depend will fit best and stay effective longer if it is supported by a snug garment, such as a body suit. To discreetly move from bathroom to bed, cover your body suit with a robe.

Chances are that your roommate will not ask questions about the disposal bagging in the bathroom trash can, but if she does, tell the truth, that you need disposable containment pads in bed. That sounds to most people less disturbing than talking about diapers.

Hi,

For noise, you've got a couple of options. Probably the easiest is to find a diaper with a cloth-like outer shell instead of the Depends. I like the Abena Abri-Form Air Plus. They are almost silent. They're a lot bulkier than Depends, but I personally find Depends to be completely inadequate anyhow, and the bulk of the Abena make them very thirsty. You can also try plastic/rubber pants over the diaper, or even spandex shorts. They'll compress it against you and keep it from rustling so much.

For disposal, get yourself some gallon ziplock bags and put them in your toiletry/bathroom kit. You can put the wet diaper in the bag and then put the bag in your suitcase and dispose of it when you have some privacy. It's not a great solution if you have a week or two long trip, but it works well for a night or three...

Thanks all so much for the advice! I especially like the robe idea and wearing something tight fitted (such as panties/spandex shorts) before putting on my pjs. I also think the waterproof sheet is an excellent idea to - because oftentimes my diaper leaks and I urinate a bit on the bed. I think this will make a world of difference. I never thought of the plastic bag thing so that is a good idea too, for disposing them. It is only for 2 nights, so I should be okay.

Thanks again!

I usually take a cloth under pad with me on trips to my daughters family, etc. You can find them at Allegro.com or many other places. You can also get them in various sizes and absorbency. You can also get disposable under pads. These are much easier than trying to pack and put on a plastic sheet, as well as being more discreet when it comes to room service.

As already mentioned, it would take a weight off your shoulders just to be straight up with your roommate. She would probably understand and hopefully keep your confidence. "Also, depending on the type of travel you do, you may be able to have her as a continuing roommate on other trips?

Thanks I will check into the disposable under pads. Also, you are probably right about being up front with her. I've known her to be very understanding and nice. I consider her a good friend. So I may just end up telling her - it would likely take a lot of weight off my shoulders.

Thanks for the advice! :)

what i did was just tell my room mate the truth then bagged my diaper up and threw in the bin, then asked them NOT bring anyone back without asking me first to give me the chance hide my diapers. also i found wearing plastic pants over the top my diaper helped stop leaks and made me feel a lot more secure without using plastic sheets etc.

i too use a bodysuit or tight cycle shorts over my diaper keep them tight & help prevent leaks & the diaper showing through my clothes.