LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Know If Diaper About To Leak

2sail2

Are you able to tell if your diaper is about to leak?

I wear Depend underwear and Assurance undergarments pretty consistently. With Depend, I am able to tell when I'm about to leak. Undergarments less so, probably because they are less absorbent.

It seems that with Depend because they have more padding up front and I start to feel the wetness bulge between my legs then I know it's getting to be that time to change.

With regular diapers, it can be kind of hard to tell when they are full. It's difficult to know when the back side is at it's max.

i know that any leaks I get usually happen around the backs of my legs, so when I feel the back side of the diaper getting soggy or "doughy" as in disposables, then I know it 'might' be a god time to think about changing. Thats only if I'm doing a lot of sitting, and I risk a press out leak. If I'm on my feet, then I don't worry so much, because theres no press out and the diaper can just do it;s job of soaking up what I do :blush: Now the only way to get a leak that way is if your diaper is already very wet, soaked etc, and you flood it, and all that pee has no where to go, because everything in that area is already saturated, then the thing will just over flow and you have a disaster :P

I avoid that as much as possible, but it still happens now and then :blush;

It's all about knowing your diapers performance, and that only comes through experimentation. It is, of course, better to change a bit early as opposed to a bit late :o but it's silly to change long before you need to :P With Depends products (other than their Silhouette brief which is about worthless) when I feel the wetness rising in back without abating it's time to change soon :blush: There's still a safety margin at that point for me but not enough for a full wetting. The crotch will have swelled rather firmly long before I reach that point, so I use that signal as my half-way point where the diaper will still take a decent but not full wetting. Flooding is always out with Depends and not understanding that is why so many people are down on them :( They are as good as they are intended to be and they work well within their non-premium limits ;) Otherwise I mostly wear cloth diapers and with those it can be harder to know what to expect since the limiter of leakage is mostly the diaper cover. I have one pair of rubber panties that normally hold a cupfull of free urine before leaking so with them I change when I detect free urine not being absorbed, but otherwise I judge them by the weight I feel pulling down and by the sag in the rear when standing. Coupled with knowing what that particular diaper cover will do I can guess well enough with these to change in time, but since I wear these mainly at home I often just wait till I leak to change :whistling::blush::girl_happy:

Bettypooh