LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

College Blues

Eggster

I have the house to myself for the day so perfect for some diaper time, right? Well I decided to check my balance before picking up anything and I had $16,46. Geez, I'm glad I checked but that's just depressing. Buy books and gas is killing me and I will only get $40 on this week's check. At this point I'm just glad I decided to live at home and go to the intown campus instead of the main campus of my community college.

Oh yeah, it's worth it. I'm excited for when I transfer to a four year next year. I wouldn't have as much money troubles as I do now if my manager would actually give me more than 10 hrs a week.

Sometimes this site just makes me feel soo young.

I have to get something called MyMathLab and it is $130. This is highway robbery, anyone know where I could get the program for cheaper?

it's been awhile since I was in school but I took a lot of art history stuff being an art major and some of those classes I had to buy 2-4 books each which cost in the neighborhood of $60+ and this was about a decade ago. There's probably a lot to be said for why they cost that much, the art texts in particular where long large format books with loads of color images in them. It still ain't fun having to spend hundreds on textbooks. These days though there's no damn reason to have books. You can publish everything online at a fraction of the cost and then sell access to students and i theory it should be way cheaper.

Also back then there wasn't as much in the way of internet resources for getting cheap textbooks. There's a lot out there now as sarah_ab suggested. Look around, you can probably find used books for a lot less than your college sells them for.

I can get one used book for English but everything else has switched over to new edition and they are changed just enough to not be usuable, epsecially the math one. I have the worst luck. Somebody said I could get the lab for $75 but I don't know if they are reliable, the people my age are pretty much useless. Hopefully the older nursing students will know something. The main thing about the lab is that I can't get used one because the is a one time thing that follows you through your schooling years. Oh well if worst comes to worst, I can always beg my grandfather for money.

Have you tried searching for an file sharing (illegal) copy of the programme, or prohaps if you check the company website they might sell a student version at a discounted version.

I'm fortunate enough that too of the main programmes I use (autoCAD, ArchiCAD) are provide free student versions for regeistered students. There is also a wide selction of other art and design programes avalible to us on the university on there computer system. A couple of the autodesk programes I've been able to download (older but still useful) versions for free, thanks to friends who know where to find these things.

Our tutours have also actually surreptiously encouraged it on occasion, since realistically a lot of these programmes are marketed and businesses and professionals who can afford to pay the price. It seems strange that anything which an educational purpose wouldn't have it's price susidised in someway.

I guess I'm just lucky to ge part of a good education system.

Guest Lil_Lilo

For textbooks I usually rent from Chegg.com. A book that is $260 new, $150 used, usually will only cost me $50 or $60 to rent. I have been using them for about two years now and never had a problem. Has saved me tons of money!!

But if you are in the scientific and engineering fields and you plan on using that degree, you want to keep your books, especially the books in your major. Don't rent or sell them if you can, you will need to study them again when you go for a job interview and/or graduate school. Definitely buy used if you can, but never online. With used books, you want to inspect them before buying. You can buy new books online.

$16.46, that's quite a bit of Ramen. Add some vegetables and you are good to go.

i keep all my text books now i'm in graduate school, and have referred to past texts often for current classes, its worth the money spent, but I have totally been there with trying to afford them. Talk to your professors and ask them how different is this years edition v. last years. Sometimes the only difference in editions is the the page numbers, a different forward and maybe some new pictures or exercises.... but the actual content is the same.

I've taken many a course using one older edition and never suffered because of it.

I can get one used book for English but everything else has switched over to new edition and they are changed just enough to not be usuable, epsecially the math one. I have the worst luck. Somebody said I could get the lab for $75 but I don't know if they are reliable, the people my age are pretty much useless. Hopefully the older nursing students will know something. The main thing about the lab is that I can't get used one because the is a one time thing that follows you through your schooling years. Oh well if worst comes to worst, I can always beg my grandfather for money.

I don't think you can buy my math lab used because if it's the same thing I am taking then you have to buy it new due to the fact it's all online and they use a special code. It kinda of sucks but you get some free tutoring with it.

As an electrical engineer, I did need my textbooks to both study for the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam and to take in with me for the Professional Engineering (P.E.) exam. Those books were OVER $100 each and that was a few years ago. Part of how I did it was I found undergraduate and graduate degree programs (fully accredited too!) that only required employment with organization paying for them. Not for everyone for sure and like they say on TV, many will enter and few will win, but I went that route.

I stopped collecting degrees with one undergraduate, another undergraduate equivalent and a graduate degree and am now collecting real estate properties with one each in Hawaii, Florida and California. What's my point? Study hard, study what you love and with any luck that will be lucrative.

Honu, P.E.

As an electrical engineer, I did need my textbooks to both study for the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam and to take in with me for the Professional Engineering (P.E.) exam. Those books were OVER $100 each and that was a few years ago. Part of how I did it was I found undergraduate and graduate degree programs (fully accredited too!) that only required employment with organization paying for them. Not for everyone for sure and like they say on TV, many will enter and few will win, but I went that route.

I stopped collecting degrees with one undergraduate, another undergraduate equivalent and a graduate degree and am now collecting real estate properties with one each in Hawaii, Florida and California. What's my point? Study hard, study what you love and with any luck that will be lucrative.

Honu, P.E.

Well, the way I have it is since I work for the college and the tuition is payed by the college, any money I give to the college is tax deductible.